Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autoassist

Autoassist

I don't know if this is against any rules, but I use it and it works for me.

It didn't take a degree in nuclear bionics, or even a high school equivalency.

Make a new text file. Put it in Program Files/Funcom/Anarchy Online/Scripts.

line 1: /assist %1
    line 2: /delay 3000
    line 3: /aa %1

name the file 'aa'.

Now when everyone is spamming their /macro's 'cause you all want to know who the main caller at a raid is.. Don't finger fumble. /aa TheCaller.

The delay is measured in miliseconds. So I have three scripts. 'aa'. 'aas' (the s stands for slow, in which the delay is 10000 milliseconds) and 'aaq' (the q stands for quick, in which the delay is 250 milliseconds).

So much simpler. It's spammy and rudimentary, but now you'll never be caught with your pants down at a Raid, and you can do more important things than bash your assist macro pointlessly.

I took a high school course in Nuclear Bionics

thats acctually a good idea, only would'nt you have to keep the caller always targeted so the script selects him/her?

Not at all.

Type: /aa elitecaller

what the script does:

/assist elitecaller
    *wait 3 seconds*
    *loop*
    /assist elitecaller
    *wait 3 seconds*
    *loop*
    /assist elitecaller
    *wait 3 seconds*
    *loop*
    /assist elitecaller
    *wait 3 seconds*
    *loop*
    /assist elitecaller
    *wait 3 seconds*
    *loop*
    /assist elitecaller

etc.

To change callers, just /aa Evenmoreelitecaller

To halt the script you need another script.

Call it 'stop'
    It needs one command.

Line 1: /delay 1

If it's not clear. This is a script, and not a macro. It is intended to fire, and in fact, only works as intended, as a typed command. Not a mousing one.

Retired Doc Professional
    yes, note the difference between the %1 and %t

%1 is the first name given after /aa xxx as the argument (xxx)

%t is the target
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

a nice idea indeed
    double my core!
    RK2--multicore--210 [ai19] soli soljah
    RK2--mulltifix--84 [ai8] opi fiXX0rz
    RK2--multipunch--152 [ai10] phatass troxie MA
    proud memeber of Insanity Inc.

I modified this slightly.

Keep the script the same as above. Then:

/macro assist /assist %t

Just select a target, hit your hotkey, and no need to even type the name.
    Last edited by Ebag333; Aug 29th, 2006 at 03:05:51.

nope
    that will just assist whoever u have targeted... after /macro assist everything u type here stays in 100% the same as u type it

/macro AutoAssist /aa %t

should work though as a way to trigger the script whith your current target

cool idea, im going to try this when servers come back up

only problem i see is this will spam you with "Taget is not in a fight" a LOT

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

u should be able to disable that spam from the chat windows. i think it's the system messages.
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

If you're melee add a /follow at the end, saves you having to run up to all the mobs =p.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    only problem i see is this will spam you with "Taget is not in a fight" a LOT

My original message flat out says its spammy and rudimentary.

If you're someone who doesn't even need to look at their combat window, its useful.

If I'm really lazy, I'll hit follow on one of my teammates, autoassist on the caller I've chosen to do my dirty work and do nothing but spam a nano. Chances are that I'll actually live through the raid, and help my team /better/ than if I was going to actual effort.

Won't even look at the monitor at all until an APF general drops or something. Roll on my tokens, go back to playing with effort. In that hour I may have cleaned my desk of read a few chapters of a book.

Is there a command line to have it start combat automatically too? Hate pressing Q...

Unless there is a TPA I don't think so. Besides, that would lead to com-bat mac'ro'ing and that would make irate a lot people. I'm still wondering if a /follow %t can be inserted without screwing up the script. I just came back to the game after a few years and my scripting is rusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmirri View Post
    Unless there is a TPA I don't think so. Besides, that would lead to com-bat mac'ro'ing and that would make irate a lot people. I'm still wondering if a /follow %t can be inserted without screwing up the script. I just came back to the game after a few years and my scripting is rusty.
    Almost certainly would work. If you dont do your own targetting, an enemy will always be selected. %t can be parsed in scripts. The problem lies i a caller (at a raid for example) targetting something far away for a ranged pull or whatever other purpose he has in mind. You autofollow it, leave the blob, bit of bad luck, bit of alcohol, suddenly, everybody is dead.

You're much better off following the support member of your team, someone who gets in close, but not too close. A doctor is perfect.

Got a few offline tells about my nifty little three lines of genius in the last few months of inactivity, so I'm bringing this thread back to life, zombie style. And none of those pansy assed disney zombies. Down and dirty Weis/Hickman zombies. The way zombies should have always been.

Clearly it is my claim to fame on this planet. Some people start mega corporations. Some people squirt. Some people aspire to be the worlds fattest man.

Me, this is my mark.

Enjoy. (Bump!)

Congratulations on making alt account leveling easier,
    now we can set all our alts on follow and auto assist and have them on ebay in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Make a new text file. Put it in Program Files/Funcom/Anarchy Online/Scripts.

name the file 'aa'.
    How nice of you... Deleted "/pet attack" line from common auto-pet attack script and released it
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    How nice of you... Deleted "/pet attack" line from common auto-pet attack script and released it
    Shh, I remember getting kicked out of an ely heck team for running a variation of that and spamming teammembers who didn't know how to turn of Other's Petsm

General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    /assist %1
    /delay 2000
    /pet attack
    /aa %1

in addiditon set fling/burst/nuke on your hotbar and let eg the g15 keyboard cycle throu.
    /follow afk "gaming" experience

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast