Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I wont quit/cancel before FC nerfs Traders and healing in PvP!!

Re: I wont quit/cancel before FC nerfs Traders and healing in PvP!!

Originally posted by Garzu-perman
    Now we also need 50% healing or 100% dmg. Some of the healing profs are of course continously whining they need the 100% heal vs 50% dmg, but thats just a big bunch of BS. They are liars, they just want to keep the edge over the less fortunate of us who cant heal. We who cant heal know how uber healing is now, and many of us wants it nerfed, so I say cmon already, NERF HEALING NOW!!!
    I'll bump for that Bring back 100% damage!
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Re: I wont quit/cancel before FC nerfs Traders and healing in PvP!!

Originally posted by Garzu-perman
    Now we also need 50% healing or 100% dmg. Some of the healing profs are of course continously whining they need the 100% heal vs 50% dmg, but thats just a big bunch of BS. They are liars, they just want to keep the edge over the less fortunate of us who cant heal. We who cant heal know how uber healing is now, and many of us wants it nerfed, so I say cmon already, NERF HEALING NOW!!!
    Complete Heal will still completely heal almost everyone (Depending on implant and armor setup some people will have over 5k heatlh.) How exactly does complete heal get nerfed?

What about Alpha & Omega?

What about Invocation of the Phoenix?

Originally posted by Sherrman
    (and for the record, the trader heal was fixed, not nerfed. Traders were supposed to trade their health to heal their teamates with team heals. those heals were never intended to be as good as doc heals with the trader healing himself more then he took away)
    Someone always comes up with this argument which is totally false. Trader heal was both nerfed and fixed. The trader heal was FIXED in the sense that traders lose hps now, but it was also NERFED. It could previously be cast repeatedly every 4 secs and now it cant. I have to step down to the next heal and the one below that since the best one can only be cast every 10 secs now, so the amount of healing I can do is less. Regardless of the amount of damage I take myself and whether or not I have someone healing me constantly, I cannot heal as much as I could before. Funcom also made it harder to land plunders by boosting the efficacy of nano resist, so that means more time that I cannot heal efficiently, reducing the amount of healing over time possible.

And how exactly am I to supposed to find room for it all of these heal spells on my hotbar? What other class needs 3 slots for what basically amounts to one heal? 5 if you count the deprive and ransack needed for efficient healing.

The total amount of healing I can do over time was nerfed.
    The amount of spaces I can use on my hotbar was nerfed.
    The time it takes to prepare for healing (deprive/ransack) was nerfed.

Yeah, I was fixed alright.

Originally posted by Nianna
    Just as an aside, when Funcom listed the top 10 PvPers on each server I think there were only something like 3 Traders on the list and 2 or 3 Doctors and neither was at the top of the lists. They hardly dominate the PvP game. Sure, maybe people have to run away from them after getting drained for 150 points of skill, but that doesn't mean they are racking up kills. The classes with long range guns with burst and full-auto (fixer and soldier) have the most members on the Top 10 lists I believe because when they use their special abilities they actually result in corpses unlike either healing or depriving.
    Very few people are stupid enough to fight a Trader.
    If someone is engaged in PvP by a Tarder, they usually just run.

By the way, nothing is stopping a trader from using a Nova/Flash or a CHS. But an Ithaca with a sick scope plus 1200+ attack rating is usually good enough.

Just for few giggles.

Give us better scopes or new shotguns

Don't want to generalise, but it is funny to see this kinda stuff around profession forums, while the same persons come and post on threads that are trying to discuss profession balance.

If 15% is too overpowering for other profs - just make anything over ql250 trader only. As it is now, traders and ma's depend on crits for decent damage, while it's just additional damage for other profs. Ma's have their crit buffs, while we have nothing..
    The person is talking about crit scopes here. I could not stop giggling for few minutes....

Fix nano resist

Same person asking for nano resist buff albeit this might be a poor example of someone trying to make a sarcastic post. However, when comparing to his/her ealier post, it would not suprise me, if it was a serious post.
    Last edited by North; Sep 27th, 2002 at 11:40:51.

Angry

North! You are going to be more and more boring.

Flame me... Shields up...
    100% Pure Gimp™!!!
    Eunike, a level 206 Trader,
    Machiaveli - a level 215 Bureaucrat(Teh Fun!!!)

Member of the Alpha Omega
    -- Currle:..all there well be too do is sit in the sun and Drink way too much Beer.

nerfy cryers suck

All nerf cryers suck.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Wink A disturbing trend........

I've been surfing the boards and noticed one thing on them:

All people who cry for nerfs do so because of PvP.

Maybe FC should just do away with PvP altogether. I'm really getting tired of the crying and the whining. You simply CANNOT make everyone happy. Nerf traders today, they cry about doctors. Nerf doctors tomorrow, they cry about martial artists. Nerf martial artists the week after, they cry about fixers. It just goes on and on.

Everyone wants THEIR profession to be the best and if they get owned by another profession, then they cry for nerfs. It's a vicious, never-ending cycle.
    Into every generation.....(yada, yada, yada....).....

Comes from a person who obviously doesn't have any clue about balance issues that this game has at the moment.

I would agree with you, if this game did not have few professions that can press a button once to win a battle.

There is different fighting someone with a chance of winning, instead of no chance what so ever.
    Gailyn, level 200 NT, Rimor.

Feel free to check my post history (suggestion from Aaronb, since he seems to think that everything I say is wrong (mostly because I do not agree that this game should have only few uber professions, but 12 more or less balanced professions based on their individual strenghts))

arf don't nerf traders - I started one now

Well the big point is not nerfing any other classes in this game. The big point is make the other classes stronger!

Well the big point is this game needs to much fixes and I only hope they make big changes with shadowlands. i.e. the dark blue and green skill gap should be increased from 180 points to 400. The gap between a lvl162 char (title capped) and a lvl200 char should be more than only 40 wimpy skill points!

OE! If we miss only 1 point in a nano skill then we cannot cast this buff. So we need buffs running all the time (ie. infuses. mochams, wrangles) to cast our best buffs - but what with weapons or armor? We only need the skills once in a lifetime to equip the weapon or armor and after that? Well if we lack a big amout of skills for the armor or weapon we get OE (funny 75%) We should get to 0% if we only lack 1 point of the required skill for the weapon or armor too.

This would require to redesign the debuffs in this game! Don't debuff weapon skills - debuff the offense! Means we still get -xxx amout of attack rating. But we still have our full weapon skills.

This cracks me up

People running around complaining that traders should be nerfed. Our heals were already changed to be much less effective. At one time a trader could be the group's main healer, not anymore. They also made it so that our comp lit buffs are other only, taking away a use we had in helping people equip items...and now, I hear nerf this nerf that still. Think I'll just take down names of all the nerf cryers and see how many of them are in the crowd of people asking for wrangles. you don't see people complain about traders when we're in a team either raising skills, raising acs, calming or anything else...only when we are being fought against in pvp.

Re: This cracks me up

Originally posted by Quynton
    you don't see people complain about traders when we're in a team either raising skills, raising acs, calming or anything else...only when we are being fought against in pvp.
    Of course , is that strange? LOL
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Unhappy Maybe I don't have a Clue

Originally posted by North
    Comes from a person who obviously doesn't have any clue about balance issues that this game has at the moment.

I would agree with you, if this game did not have few professions that can press a button once to win a battle.

There is different fighting someone with a chance of winning, instead of no chance what so ever.
    Ok, maybe I don't have a clue. You don't have to be rude about it. I don't PvP, mainly because I don't like the mentality of people who do. This thread and North's comment does not improve my opinion of PvPers.

Instead of crying "NERF!" all the time, make some suggestions of how to IMPROVE other professions. No one complains when their profession is made BETTER.

Red face Also remember.......

Also, my first post stated theat people will ALWAYS cry nerf after every patch, it's just the profession that typically changes.

One thing to remember people, professions may get nerfed, but standard mobs NEVER do! Every nerf makes PvM that much more difficult and causes a sub-set of players to start a b*tchfest. Again, giving other professions abilities to compensate is more along the lines of what we should explore. I'm sure if FC could make PVP balanced, but had to nerf EVERY profession to do it, a lot of people would STILL whine and quit. You CANNOT make everyone happy.

I'm don't care what profession we're speaking of. Right now, it's the trader. Maybe they do need a nerf, I don't really know. My POINT is that if FC nerfs the trader today, tomorrow people will scream "Nerf!" on doctors. This will go on until FC nerfs doctors. Then people will scream "Nerf!" on martial artists. This goes on until martial artists are nerfed. Then people will cry "Nerf!" on fixers. This goes on and on until NO ONE can play the game EXCEPT for PvP because every profession has been hamstrung to the point that they can't fight regular mobs. I'm just asking for people to be constructive and help actually SOLVE some problems instead of trading a quick solution today that CAUSES problems tomorrow.

I wont quit/cancel before FC nerfs Traders and healing in PvP!!
    LOL, I guess they won't be nerfing traders and docs then, since that means keeping you as a customer
    Don Jinxster Juan - Solitus Trader - Omni RK1

Nolan Necrogar Danczak - Opifex Martial Artist - Omni RK1

// TODO: Put some funny line here

Daddysgirl, sorry was not ment to be that rude.

Instead of crying "NERF!" all the time, make some suggestions of how to IMPROVE other professions. No one complains when their profession is made BETTER.
    You are missing the whole point here. I don't think people would be asking to balance professions, if there clearly wasn't a huge advantage.

This is similar issue to NTs range ability (nerfed) and stuns (nerfed). Those two abilities simply were too overpowering when comparing against abilities of other 11 professions in this game.

It was and is easier to change those thing that create problems, if they can be isoleted. In this case they are pretty easy to isolete to a single profession in thsi game. It is absurd even to argue that FC should upgrade 8-9 professions, just so that one profession would not have to be changed. Why?

1. It will take over year to fix 8-9 professions, it takes only one patch to change a profession that creates the balance problem
    2. Tweaking other professions does not mean that the core problem will be addressed
    3. No profession should be above the balance issues, if needed they should be tweaked by FC (if a large majority of other professions feel that there is an unfair advantage that exists)
    4. If this game has PvP, it should be balanced to an extent (meaning that there should not be a single profession in the game that has ability to win by default against a large majority of other professions...at the moment there are two professions with unprecedented advantages)
    Last edited by North; Oct 2nd, 2002 at 08:58:44.

Sigh. Yet more brain-dead nerfmongers crying out for more nerfage. Of course no matter how many nerfs FC gives them, they will always want more. Personally I hope FC replaces the titles for all PVPers who cry for nerfs with the title "Sissy Gimp" so the rest of us can point and laugh at them.
    Just press the link below my signature.
    Gailyn, level 200 NT, Rimor.

Feel free to check my post history (suggestion from Aaronb, since he seems to think that everything I say is wrong (mostly because I do not agree that this game should have only few uber professions, but 12 more or less balanced professions based on their individual strenghts))

Re: Maybe I don't have a Clue

Originally posted by Daddysgirl

Ok, maybe I don't have a clue. You don't have to be rude about it. I don't PvP, mainly because I don't like the mentality of people who do. This thread and North's comment does not improve my opinion of PvPers.

Becuase North is an NT, and NTs know better than ANYONE how useless it is to ask for a boost. Then its only 1 choice left, NERF.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Disclaimer: i was on a sugar high when i wrote this.

Traders have been top of the pvp food chain for a while. They pretty uber in PVM too.

However, Id prefer a boost to other classes than a nerf on a pretty good standalone class or a more general boost.

Give all debuff nanos a 50% chance of working by default in PVP. Innate nano resistence if you like.

Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast