Thread: Flying Lessons?

Question Flying Lessons?

When you're in a Yalmaha and hit Bksp, you land (hard, if you're too high up). Once you do, is there any way to take off again short of unequipping and re-equipping it?

When you're flying in a Yal, is there anyway to change the pitch (up/down angle) from the keyboard?

Do Yals have a throttle? Or are you stuck always moving at their maximum speed?

(One of my characters just found a low QL Yal in a mission chest. Man oh man, this game is better when you fly. Even if some graphics look stupid from the air; Tir, for example, as seen from the Tir county area, looks awful and awfully ridiculous. And I haven't even thought about trying it from a backyard; I'll bet that spoils the last remaining illusion that you're actually in the city, too.)

Hold-right click
    Fleh the man-eating lvl 171 sabretooth...oh no wait, that would be PvP wouldn't it...nm then

Doesn't Work

If you mean to take off again, doesn't work. If you mean to change flight angle, I said "from the keyboard."

Since nobody else answered, I guess the answer to both questions is, "Can't be done." If true, I think it's a design flaw.

If no one else seems bothered by this, it's because those of us who have had yamalhas for a long time are used to much worse.

Used to be, if you did anything while in your yamalha, you would fall to the ground and take 998 points of damage. And, frequently you'd be flying along and suddenly start taking hundreds of points of falling damage, over and over, for no apparent reason.

If hitting backspace causes you to fall to the ground, then don't hit backspace!

998 damage? how did you do that? I never had more than 960 damage, nomatter how high I fall from....
    Oh, not important, really. Hitting backspace is simply something you don't do. Not twice, anyway.

...and pitching with the keyboard would be great. Haven't been able to do that... yet.

...and throttle.... best sullotion I have htere, is pressing forward-button, then letting it go. Repeat until distance is covered. :-)

I know, know... not the best sollutions...or answers for that matter, but they are the best I can give.