Thread: [RK2] Freelance: Pandemonium in Newland City

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] Freelance: Pandemonium in Newland City

Pandemonium in Newland City
    May 18, 29482 - Russell Cramer [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance - Fear and Panic swept through the streets of Newland City this evening as an unidentified gunman interrupted the City Council meeting.

"I don't know what happened," said a woman who wished to only be identified as Carol, "The Ministers were just exchanging opinions when there came this awful noise - screeching ... deafening - that's when..." Carol was not able to finish her statement because of the rush of emotion she was feeling.

The situation she was describing was that which left 17 people dead and nine more wounded following a mechanized assault on Newland City's Fifth Housing Block. Details are still sketchy at best, but our sources tell us that a Mechanized Vehicle appeared outside the city walls and without warning fired into the largely unarmed crowd without hesitation.

Of those dead we suspect three of them to be either members of the Newland City Council or Foreign Dignitaries. When asked for an official statement Foreign Affairs Minister Beta Cross had this to say.

"This was a well planned attack; they were waiting for us. As of right now I can't say as to why, but what I can say is I believe who ever attacked us was behind the hack on Omni-Tek. There was a symbol drawn on the Mech, and this symbol was also drawn in the dirt where the hacking attempt on Omni-Tek took place not to long ago.

However as of right now I'm more concerned with the citizen that were killed today; I need to make sure they all ended up in reclaim safely. Please feel free to contact my office."

We were also able to catch up with Security Minister Meissa Rhodes who was composed enough to offer us this statement regarding the attack.

"There's plenty of people that don't like the Council, but this is beyond the pale. I'd almost say it constituted an act of war, but how would we pull that off? We don't know who did this, yet. We're investigating the matter, however, and expect answers soon. Those responsible are living on borrowed time."

Details are still sketchy and we will provide updates as more information becomes available.

Quick, before any neutrals might start openning discussions with Clan, throw su****ion on them.