Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for 14.6?

Ideas for 14.6?

What do you want patched in 14.6?

Personally I want some old content like trade skills fixed, minor bugs (and irritating bugs) fixed, paperwork implemented and an engineer patch because they need some loving (give them engineer only trade skills and some worth in teams?).

Post what you think should be in next patch for discussion.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Nts

NTs were supposed to be patched for 14.6. The only ideas that need to be discussed for 14.6 are the NT implementations that were promised.

Ok, what do you think should come up as a patch before booster and expansion?

(trying to keep this thread more generalized but feel free to post NT stuff)
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

nts dont need crap

they do te most dmg in the game

Re: nts dont need crap

Originally posted by Lazzro
    they do te most dmg in the game
    I'll make another blanket statement.

Lazzro is a moron, and anyone who takes him seriously needs some smacking.

I want all of the FunCom devs to play EQ until their characters are level 30. I want them all to understand that what they have done to the game has produced no fun, but many horrid reminders of EQ and is constantly pushing this game closer to being a valid EQ clone. I want them to understand that any new content they put into this game gets affected by old bugs that were never fixed. I want them to understand that making a mob able to crit for more damage than most of us could ever dream of absorbing without fondling the reclaim terminal is not a 'challenge', but simply a free ride to the reclaim area associated with the last scan terminal you used.

If they are capable of that, I will protect that last fiber of faith left for 14.6...
    .: Naraya :.

All the promiseed bug fixes.

Pet pathing fixes.

NT boosts.

Soldier boosts so my friends might come back. :/

Make outdoors worth doing.

That'd be a damn good patch.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Soldier boosts so my friends might come back. :/
    w00t?!?! Are my tired Soldier eyes finally blurred for good or am I reading the second edition of Genesis? Is someone non-soldier actually speaking for Soldiers? Whoe ver You precious friend are, you just made yourself my personal Saint!

Well, not to complain - we got our own gun atleast few patches ago. Maybe someone should compare and evaluate Soldier and Enf line of selfbuffs regarding HP's.. For anyone who yet has not done this, compare QL, Reqs and Modifiers. The result can be classified as a good joke

Name any class that does not outdamage soldiers? Doctors with bare arms. j/k.

enforcer edged buffs!

can't forget other enforcer melee buffs like piercing either. Add a soldier reload and ammo bar somewhere.

These things would be nice.. i dont know how hard ammo and reload would be.. probably a decent amount of work.. but i can't see it being more than a week or two long if that.. and the buffs.. come on.. modify thug line and implement it.. :/

slick

edit: see sig
    Slickblue - 131 2he enforcer rk1

Anyone else feel like blitzing their office for the paycheck?

My Woman

notice: GAHH! I hate typos, so this is a pre-edit note, if its edited, then UBER MASTER TYPO KING Slickblue has done it again.. :/

Originally posted by Sevenej

w00t?!?! Are my tired Soldier eyes finally blurred for good or am I reading the second edition of Genesis? Is someone non-soldier actually speaking for Soldiers? Whoe ver You precious friend are, you just made yourself my personal Saint!

Well, not to complain - we got our own gun atleast few patches ago. Maybe someone should compare and evaluate Soldier and Enf line of selfbuffs regarding HP's.. For anyone who yet has not done this, compare QL, Reqs and Modifiers. The result can be classified as a good joke

Name any class that does not outdamage soldiers? Doctors with bare arms. j/k.
    You guys have TMS, ya don't need an HP buff. No, seriously.

You need more DAMAGE. It comes down to that.

But yeah, all my soldier friends have left... my lame fixer ass still needs a Riot Control now and then... I want them back in-game. :/
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

sigh..i left eq for this game, and wait for it to turn into eq...damnit when is swg coming????

a) "friendly nano bug" but I think this should be fixed before 14.6.

b) t/s and mc shutdown only on tms. And decrese shutdown time to 1min 20sec.

c) Give us the new armor, weapons etc. you add in 14.5.

d) Undo the Advanced MTI Martins Simple AR01 nerf that you will do in 14.5.0.6. Better increase the weapon - give us a special version with same stats but with burst and fling.

e) New soldier nano for full auto and a new buff which gives us a higher attack bonus.

f) improved omhh nano

g) give us a some better defensive buffs. We need a lot of defensive.

h) tms should have a 75% chance to reflect the nano cast too. When they cast a debuff on us they should be debuffed in 3 of 4 cases. When they root us they should be rooted in 3 of 4 cases.

i) give soldiers a grid buff. Maybe give it a 5min cast time - but give us one. Why does docs have one? A fixer ok - but a doc or a agent with a grid buff? Give all classes a grid buff. Every class should be able to grid. As I said i'm ok when it have a 5 min cast time but we should get one too. Its boring to fly with my yalm 20 min home.

Professions that still need to be balanced are:

Soldiers, NTs, Crats and Engineers.

I don't care in which order they are done, as long as they get some loving before ANY further content is added to the game.

You can't just patch MAs, Agents, Adventurers and Fixers and then go on and ignore professions that need it as badly as well.

also,

Enforcers could use some loving, I understood they wanted some enforcer specific items etc. (correct me if I am wrong)

Traders should get few of their broken nano lines fixed.

Doctors, are pretty solid profession, could probably use some special items

MPs, not sure what they want, probably something towards higher end of the game...like most other professions as well.

I say that this patch should be nothing but bug fixing

AO could really need the love

RK-1 Brutenater

14.6 must, and has to, continue and wrap up the class fixes and additions for Adventurers as promised, and begin the massive task (just like 14.2 and 14.4 for Agents and Adventurers, respectively) of fixing the Nano-Technician profession, as promised.

Please do not give Funcom any ideas. They have already made NT's wait long enough, by inserting 14.5 in between their fix patch. It's time for Funcom to come clean and go back to what should have been their top priority, directly alongside new content (which, IMO, should come EVERY patch, not every 6 months..) -- game balancing/class fixing.
    ....flojojojo | 220/17 vanguard, rimor's first 200 adventurer | equip | perks
    ..outtatime | 190/3 fixer

playing wow (pyrelight, 70 priest on uther server, alliance)
    retired from rubi-ka

- Quests (Static Missions) that are actually _fun_ and _doable_

- Less emphasis on 'leveling' and more on character development

- A shift towards 'realism' in the world and it's mechanics and less on pitting the developers against the players.

- More parts of the world that players can 'own'. Player vendors, shops, guild housing.

- Something. Anything to shake up the MP profession post 130. Just one nano that does something new. One nano that's it.

- Easing up on the OE rules so we can get back to having some diversity in what our characters can do.

- Stop forcing weapon choice down each profession's throats.

- Keep the story going as it's been so far.

- A viable alternative to the bracers you took off my wrists. Just something to fill the spot left by the Nerf.

- ****e up solo missions a tad to alleviate boredom. Maybe a mini-boss with not henchmen.

- Make hunting outdoors fun and _rewarding_.

- Give the Crat back his Crowd Control and stop treating him like an office whore.

- Give the Engineer some gizmos they can build. Put the damn Kamikaze bots in and add some limited duration jet packs and some exoskeletons they can build. Engineers can make all kinds of things that aren't fuggin robots.

- Throw a bone to the other hurting professions. Enforcer, Soldier, and maybe NT.

- Stop with the damn 'overhauls' that make one profession wait a year for the damn 'love' and just put something in every patch and then evaluate.

FIX NOW

Fix all the Bugs, I will list a two bugs that have been around since launch to refresh Cosmiks, Cz's and Gautes brain_side memory leaks.

Stuck in Yalm ! My god fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and no I dont want to %&^* put my Yalm in a bag and zone anymore ! How long does it take to fix this ? Its been over a year now !

Ghost mobs warping through game geometry and spam hitting players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fix it NOW ! NOW ! NOW ! how long does it take to fix this ? Its been over a year now ! HELLO ! A ^$#@ YEAR ! hello ? hello ? hello ?

Player base calling FC !! Hello hello hello hello ? anyone home ?

And yes FIX NT's ! hello ? hello ?

Lokgen Agent RK2
    Agent Unprofessionals Team
    Non uber since 12.6

Wink

I would like that Trash Kings spawns every 15 minutes then that place wouldn't be overcrowded and camped as much, I know some other people agree with me on that. I think the whole quest would be smoother and quicker for everyone.

Oh, those MOB's warping outdoors almost got a friend to not buy the game. I had to kind of brush it off to him when he was like 39 meters from an Eye outside the Eye camp in PM and I told him to pull the one that was far from the main camp. One shot and 4 Eyes were INSTANTLY on his (well _my_ but don't suspend me. I'm trying to get him to buy the game) character.

He was like 'WTH, this is SO wrong'.

No need for soldier boosts because....

No need for soldier boosts because ... my soldier friends aint coming back even if the profession is fixed

Seriously, I think soldiers do OK in the game (they typically outdamage me as a NT, anyway, with much better defenses and health), but their game experience is boring, and other professions can do such similar things with soldier-type weapons that many soldiers don't see the point of their presence in the game. So I really have no objection to soldier class improvements, and perhaps more importantly differentiation of role and skills. Funcom actually seems to have comprehended some of the soldier complaints and has attempted to address them by providing soldier-only guns*, but they don't seem to have digested the attack-score issue very well, and they also don't understand how boring straight-up combat can be over a long period.

*Not that this has been hugely successful IMO, but it's something anyway, I guess, and more than NTs have gotten.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast