Thread: Post-balance and Dual-wielding

Post-balance and Dual-wielding

I'm starting to notice a strange dichotomy with the game, and how it handles dualwielding.

Think about it: after the balance, with the exception of Nano-Technician, every profession will have it's best damage setup in PVM involve dual-wielding weapons. Think about it:

Agent: dual Shens. Trader drains, Slayer transference, utterly sick amount of static crit chance, two damage procs, and triple-wielding crit weapons. Heh...

Adventurer: Dual swords, dual Pistols.

Bureaucrat: dual Pistols.

Doctor: dual Pistols.

Engineer: dual... Pistols. Ermm...

Enforcer: dual Abandonments.

Fixer: dual Envies.

Keeper: dual Xan laserswords. (though 2HE comes rather close)

Martial Artist: dual Shens.

Meta-Physicist: dual Asps, dual Pistols.

Shade: dual Deceits.

Soldier: dual Envies.

Trader: dual Shens.

See a pattern here?

Would love to hear opinions and discusion about this.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Hasn't it always been this way? Well, with the exception of an agt dualing shens (which would be fun to see!). But dual weapons, even pre-balance were generally a better DPS setup than singles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

part of dualwielding being superior is capping specials,
    i can cap sneak attack with ql1 dagger so there is no damage increase from having slower singlewield weapon.

and there is no other benefits either.. because procs are based on number of hits and not "procs per minute"
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Aug 30th, 2010 at 20:02:33.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Depends entirely on what weapons you're going to be using at the time. How do you figure that those weapons you list there won't be nerfed or other weapons boosted to yield the same benefits? Far as I've read one of the major points of rebalancing is to bring back choice and varied setups, meaning that there's going to be a ton of other changes than just the ones for nanos and perks. Hell, they even said that several times in threads you participate in
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I knew they were changing more than perks and nanos, but they never quite specificed how and what with the miscellania

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Trader with shen sticks.... who in their right mind would play a trader with dual shen sticks???
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Trader with shen sticks.... who in their right mind would play a trader with dual shen sticks???
    Triple-wielding high-crit weapons, 890 Martial Arts from drains and procs, 25% crit from drains, Divest Damage, Accumulator procs activating on 3 weapons, and AC debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Triple-wielding high-crit weapons, 890 Martial Arts from drains and procs, 25% crit from drains, Divest Damage, Accumulator procs activating on 3 weapons, and AC debuffs.

Don't... tempt.. me!!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

As far as enforcers are mentioned, Kinkstaah started that friggin thing, dunno bout others but i think advs and fixers are ment to be dualwielders..