Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commander Brock Quest for omnis?

he he... so it is. That'll teach me to do a search for Flowers. I should have searched for Tech.

Heh and i suppose those fredrickson sleeves which add 22 str/sta are of no use when trying equip these new armours?
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

I looked at them, and +22 to str and sta is of use, if you don't mind not using high QL sleeves.

Think most of you sensitive clanners missed the point. We could care less about your ring. We're just curious why we didn't get a similar quest. Whether such a quest gave us a ring no one is going to wear is irrelevant. Seems a lot of the quests are in neutral/clan territory is all. *shrug*

And I'm tired of all the *****ing by clanners about their 'advantages' or lack of. If they're the reason why you pick a side, then wtf are you doing clan? Just to have something else to cry about? *shrugs*

Originally posted by Sbje
    Heh and i suppose those fredrickson sleeves which add 22 str/sta are of no use when trying equip these new armours?
    +22 sta/str is of no use by the time you can wear the sleeves
    themselves

(possible exception: If you really want to twink hard into ql 220 str/sta armor)
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Originally posted by Zylina
    Think most of you sensitive clanners missed the point. We could care less about your ring. We're just curious why we didn't get a similar quest. Whether such a quest gave us a ring no one is going to wear is irrelevant. Seems a lot of the quests are in neutral/clan territory is all. *shrug*

And I'm tired of all the *****ing by clanners about their 'advantages' or lack of. If they're the reason why you pick a side, then wtf are you doing clan? Just to have something else to cry about? *shrugs*
    Okay this is funny. You start off the post by stating your pissed off that you didn't get a quest like tir ring quest.

10 seconds later you are *****ing about people who whine about the different advantages each side has.

Multiple personalities in there or something?

I personally dont care about the ring, but Omni-Tek SHOULD have all the advantages. It's a HYPER-Corporation VS some rebels. Which side is going to have the better armor/weapons/utilities/extras? Obviously Omni-Tek, which has the benefit of exaustive R&D and unlimited assets should be able to provide its employees with better equipment than a bunch of rabble-rousers who are ALLOWED to live on a planet leased by Omni-Tek. The ring is good though. Clanners could forge a ring that might help them a little. Good for them.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Originally posted by Intrepid

Okay this is funny. You start off the post by stating your pissed off that you didn't get a quest like tir ring quest.

10 seconds later you are *****ing about people who whine about the different advantages each side has.

Multiple personalities in there or something?
    Take a class in reading comprehension. I didn't say I was pissed. I was pointing out that this thread wasn't about advantages. It was merely asking if there was an omni aligned quest similar to Brock, and if not, why. But I suppose in your world, we're all overzelous firebrands. *shrug* Here's a cookie, but no milk. Just water for you.

Originally posted by Zylina

Take a class in reading comprehension. I didn't say I was pissed. I was pointing out that this thread wasn't about advantages. It was merely asking if there was an omni aligned quest similar to Brock, and if not, why.

Heh yeah that was in fact my intentions.
    Never guessed it would cause such a debate lol
    Ekata
    Unit Member of Lost Chapter

Actually I give **** about the ring.
    What I don't like is that the majority of the new NPC quests are in clanland.

I would really love to see more NPC quests for Omni, and also for midrange charcters. (i'm level 90 at the moment). Better yet, vary the quests in such a way that they are a challenging for everyone.
    Gives us something different to do, then almost the same generated missions all the time.

Omni-Tek is *supposed* to have superior equipment/money advantage....

Clan is *supposed* to have better skills....

The problem in this instance is that the clan skill advantage, has been significanly better than the omni equipment advantage.

In the past, omni elite was good, and people would swap sides for it.

Then funcome came along and made Armor that blows elite out of the water. There is no reason to wear it, and there are other similar examples.

The benifit of Kaehlar sleaves, or the Commander ring, has trickle down effects that let clans use better equipment, and so forth.

If it doesn't show in the fact that many omnis gave up thier 1k boards to switch to equip sleaves then your not adequatly relizing the effects of the items.

As for the stors, i have 2 things to say, Clan can sell in omni cluster shops, afaik. Also the monetary advantage for an Omni in very much not noticable. Comp Lit has more effect on shop price than faction.

The point in this is that funcom *keeps* adding theings for clan w/o seeing the ramifications that it will have on omni, and i *keep* seeing more and more people switch to clan side.

It is rather disheartning if you ask me
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

FYI, omni interops armour ql 201+ drops of special agent lamb, or at least his lackey. saw some drop whilst revolution got slaughtered.
    poor voorgy.
    Field Marshal Londino, lvl 220
    Cutting through the forest of reason
    Veteran of Forsaken
    Former Soldier Professional

Silly doc thingy Londina, lvl 175+
    She needs tokens dont ya know.

bump
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

I say Omnis can have a Brock quest when we clanners get our skill advantage.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

"Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

Godwin's Law:

As an Internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.

Parke's Corollary:

This will invariably be followed, and occasionally preceded, by Rodney King's "Can't we all just get along?" quote.

Dharin's Corollary:

Which is just fuel for the flames, because the poster of the quote is going to get jumped all over.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Cudus
    It's bull****, clans get a nice quest/ring and uber sleeves.
    Omni get ****in elite.

oh bullsh*t. First of all. Clan gets sleevs that like.. what.... .05% of the population can get? Thats a big advantage there bucko.

Secondly. Elite armor rocks. and EVERYONE can get it. You have FAR better shops. and pay less for your equipment.

Allow us our ring. Or go clan for a day.
    Just like we go Omni for a day to get eliete on.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Turin

Secondly. Elite armor rocks. and EVERYONE can get it. You have FAR better shops. and pay less for your equipment.
    Elite armor rocks lol.. ACK!! NOOO!!! MP mob coming this way.. ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Originally posted by Japella

Aug OT ring means nothing to me if there isnt a quest to get it so you SHUT UP!

PFFT. I would much rather be able to just go kill mobs to get what i wanted instead of have to complete this lame quest.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12