Thread: A New Life (Day 2 Part 1)

A New Life (Day 2 Part 1)

Cylie stirred around a bit before finally waking. Her head hurt and she felt like she was beat against a rock. She slowly opened her eyes and blinked a bit realizing she wasn’t in her bedroom. “Huh?” she was confused. All of a sudden Tom stirred; Cylie turned around and her eyes widened. “Oh what the ****…” She sat up quickly trying to remember the night before. “Oh no oh no” she whispered looking down at her naked body. She looked at Tom again and decided to leave and leave quickly before he woke.

She turned herself around slowly and kept and eye on Tom to see if he would wake. She successfully got out of bed without disturbing him. It was dark, so Cylie moved slowly making her way around to look for her clothes. She remembered they were by the couch so she tipped toed to it and got dressed.

“whaah ugh” she cried tripping over a boot of Tom’s.

Tom sat up “what?! Who’s there?!

“****” Cylie whispered and crawled further in front of the couch so he wouldn’t see her. Tom got up and threw on an old pair of boxers that was lying on the floor. He grabbed a rifle that was hidden under the bed and cocked the bolt to see if the noise would stir the perp whom he did not realize was Cylie.

“You better show yourself” Tom creped around the room peeking in the bathroom. Suddenly he heard something outside. “Get back here you *******” he yelled running outside not even noticing the person he heard was on the floor practically in front of his face.

Cylie sighed of relief and smirked thinking how he could have possibly missed her. She stood up and grabbed her clothes and left leaving her gear behind. She walked out the door and saw Tom running down the plank. She got a small NCU belt out of her purse and started up a cloaking program so she would not be seen walking around. Once she got out of the slums she caught a hover cab. “Omni-1 Trade please” She told the driver and off she went.

Tom came back to his apartment and sat his rifle down. He looked over and noticed the two unfinished beers on the table by the couch. “Hmm” he scratched his chin. “Was Kealy here last night?” he asked himself. He looked around, and when he didn’t see any sign of her she shrugged and went back to his bed and fell right back to sleep.

Cylie stood under the hot water in the shower for a good twenty minutes. She would go back and forth between smirking and reminiscing about last night’s events to stopping herself and saying how bad it was. She knew it was ridiculous to feel this way.

“I am a grown woman after all” she said to herself. So much was gong through her mind; she decided to stop thinking about it as she was still tired and somewhat sore. She got out of the shower and gazed at her wound in the mirror. It was almost healed but still very sore. She dried off and went to her bedroom. “Hmm….still got a couple hours before Roo gets here before school.” She climbed into bed, hugged her pillows. After a few moments she fell asleep.

Few hours later Cylie was in Newland taking a walk. She was thinking of stopping by Foos’ or maybe visit Nulion for a bit. She glanced at her comm and saw the call sign for Falon. “Hrmm might as well get this over with” she thought.

“Mr Falon? Are you there? She asked, sound somewhat unsure of herself.

“Yes”

“Id, like to speak with you. I got the information you asked for.” She was nervous. Falon always made her nervous.

“Then speak” he said. Plain and straightforward as the man he was.

“I mean in person….meet me outside of the north east exit of Newland.” She said. She walked outside of the Newland walls and watched for anyone, waiting for Falon.

He slowly walked up to her and stopped as he got to her and said nothing. She nervously smiled and took a pouch out her pocket. “Well I found some history on the Xan like you asked”.

She went on to tell him about the Xan whom lived in the Shadowlands many years ago; and how they misused the “Source” and used great amounts of it. Until one day they discovered a crack and foresaw a great eruption. She explained how they started to plan an escape and how some succeeded and some didn’t.

“I also found these I thought you might be interested in” she said taking out the small jewel Tom had found. Someone had told them they the jewel held information on the Xan inside of it.

“I’ve seen ones like this yes.” He nodded.

“Oh…okay” she said putting it back in the pouch. “So is that enough information? Did you want more? She asked.

“Yes this is very useful. Now I would like information on the Syndicate. Find out who they are and what they did.”

“Hm okay, I will see what I can find”

“Good” he turned and left.

Cylie stood there and watched Falon leave. She pulled out a small golden pin. It had an inscription of a noose on it. She had gotten it the summer before, and a few months ago found out that it was a warning. The warning didn’t concern her too much for a while as she had forgotten she had it.

However with the latest muggings and other su****ious events she was getting nervous. Foos and she had decided to send the twins to his aunt and uncle’s station for a while. To keep the twins safe, And Roo, their neice had moved next to door to Foos.

She was starting to get a bit overwhelmed. Between fighting off the images from last night, getting the warning off her head, and the twins being gone it was too much for her. She decided to take a breather and visit Nulion.

Nulion was a clerk for the Council of Truth, and her best friend. That’s right she was best friends with a clansmen. But she didn’t care, she loved Nulion like he was family. They had a special connection them two, both being opifex. Nulion was always there for her. Even though lately he had been sick, she still went to him. His presence alone made her feel at ease.
    Last edited by Cylie; Apr 30th, 2008 at 19:14:59.
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

((Very nice, I can't wait to read more. And yes this means pressure. ))

((Please report to Omni-Reform at your earliest convenience... and no, not necessarily the V word. Maybe while you're there they can clear up that inconvenience of the guy you hate to love.))
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."

[[...eh?]]
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

((*points to Nulion and Hollowpoint toons*))
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."