Thread: A New Life

A New Life

[[Ok heres a story ive been working on. I'll be writing a sequel but I need a break hehe this took a long time. Comments are welcomed]]

Cylie was confronted by Falon a month or so back. They made a deal that he would remove the mark that was on her head. Last summer she had messed up an illegal delivery that was being made. The person who was over seeing the trading was not happy and threatened Cylie with a pin that had a engravement of a noose. In return she would get information on the Xan who once lived in Adonis city for him.

She had an inkling Falon would at some point talk to her. Falon was a mysterious man himself, a nanomage Fixer. He was tall and wore a helmet that he breathed through. He said little, and spoke in simple words. When he had shown up mysterious things were occurring. And her boyfriend at the time Lysandrel had gotten the same mark as she did. Everyone suspected him to be behind it, but really no one knew. And at the time she was more concern with making her life safe.

Adonis city was a section in the Shadowlands. The Shadowlands is another dimension, not directly connected to Rubi Ka. You could enter the Shadowlands by going through Jobe, the floating city. Jobe had a Womp-ah in Borealis. The Shadowlands were found by a group named JAME. They had opened a portal to the Shadowlands from Jobe. It was a new land, new culture and history, one that Cylie was not familiar with.

She knew two people who knew Adonis. First there was Foosball, her ex husband. He had worked up in Adonis and knew the land extensively. Also they were still pretty close because of the twins so he would be happy to help her with anything. A part of her thought he still had some feelings for her. The problem was Foos was too close to Joe.

Joe Hadrensen was a retired agent. He was a quiet man and stuck to himself. Cylie never trusted him though. And for this particular issue and its connection she wanted Joe far away as possible. He knew about Cylie's threat and was too uncomfortable around it which she found odd.

Then there was Tom. Tom was...irritating and arrogant, but extremely attractive and knew his stuff when it came to exploring up there and how to protect them if things got messy. But about four years ago they had slept together a couple times. She figured though, that she could put up with the jokes and arrogance, she was actually getting use to it by this point. She decided to ask him.

Tom agreed to take her up to Adonis and show her around. She gave him a little information about why she needed to go up there. She really didn't want to get him involved in her mess. They went up a few times with his boys. His “boys “ as he called him were his friends from the Armed Forces.

There were three of them First was Dwight Rolston, he was Tom’s main dude; they shared the same smart ass and cocky attitude. Next was Darren Elliot, quiet and shy guy. He was a trained sniper and a scout ranger. He talked to Cylie a lot when she hung out with them. Last was Matthew “Chubby” Cox. He was a surgeon. Nice guy, kind of nerdy.

Usually the five of them would get up early and head up to Adonis City. They would spend the day up there doing some exploration, investigating or prepping Cylie giving her tips she can use when she's ready for her physical tests. Then they would head back and unload, go out for some beer and food, and unwind. This one trip though, was much different. And the day ended far from how either one would have anticipated, at least in Cylie's mind.

They came around the corner and spotted a spirit that was standing a few yards away. The spirits were odd creatures. They stood tall, maybe about six feet. Their skin was almost translucent. Cylie and Tom were tired, they had been out there for several hours and were ready to get home. But unless they wanted to die, they were gonna have to battle the spirit. They made sure to stay out of sight at first, since those spirits were vicious and could easily rip a person apart.

“I'll go on the cliff to get a better view”, Cylie whispered. She left Tom and walked around the wall, climbing to the top. The walls formed a cross intersection. The sides crawled up and curved back. They were black and had a smooth surface. She crawled forward until she got in sight. Instead of yelling at him she beeped his comm unit letting him know she was in position.

Tom aimed his rifle at the spirit while creeping slowly toward it. He watched the spirit rip open a small rodent with its bare hands. Blood was dripping everywhere. Tom was getting nauseous looking at the site. He started to fire a few rounds at the spirit. It jumped up scared, it turned to run away. Tom shot a few more shots and the spirit dropped. He laughed an egotistical, arrogant laugh. Without warning, another spirit attacked him from behind! He was taken by surprise, and didn't have time to reload. Resorting to the only thing he had on hand to safe his life, he dropped his useless rifle to the ground and took hold of his combat knife, lunging at the spirit!

The spirit yelled like a banshee, almost laughing at Tom. The spirit had sharp nails trying to scratch at Tom's armor. Tom jabbed at the spirit a few times causing some metaphysical wounds, but nothing to get the Spirit to stop. They were blood thirsty monsters.

Cylie stared down the scope mounted to her rifle, and took a shot as soon as she got an opening. The bullet grazed Tom's shoulder and hit the spirit point blank in the head splattering slime and what looked to be pieces of a brain all over the ground. The spirit dropped seizing for a second. Tom grabbed his rifle from the ground, put in a fresh clip and took a few shots right back in Cylie’s direction.

“Hey what they hell are you doing?!” she yelled, crawling back getting out of view.

He stopped shooting, “You ****ing shot at me!” he yelled back up at her.

She stood up, “I did not, it was a close call! You're fine, so stop complaining” she yelled back at him, hopping back off the cliff to where Tom was standing. He slung his rifle to his back

He grabbed her rifle, firmly pushing her back a bit “Do it again and I'll leave your ass here on your own”.

“Hey! No one is forcing you up here; you're the one that agreed!” She yelled at him, pushing him back. “Now get off of me!” She let go of her rifle, bent down and picked up a rock and threw it at him. He stumbled back. Getting fed up with her, he grabbed her arms and spun her around keeping her arms pinned against her chest.

Cylie twisted her body around, in an effort to get out of his grip. “Get off!” She yelled. Finally, he let go of her. She was never quite as good at close combat as he was; in truth, she wasn’t good at close combat at all. She smacked him across the face, turned to run ahead but Tom stuck his foot out, tripping her. She fell down“Knock it off Tom!” She yelled. She rolled over and got back at him as she swung her leg beneath him, dropping him to the ground. She got up, pushed him back and sat on him pinning him down. She lowered her face to his and whispered “I didn't shoot you, if you do that again I will”.

He looked at her as she realized what she was doing. “Remember what happened last time we were in this position?” he chuckled. He moved his hands toward her butt, and kissed her. Her heart started to race, since despite her better judgment, she kind of liked it. She kissed back for a few seconds. He moved his pelvis against her in a grinding motion. This did not bode well for the high sex drive she had, especially since it had been a while since she was with someone that intimately.

“No” she said pulling away from him. Cylie was going crazy inside because she was highly attracted to him. Tom was everything she looked for in a man. He was tall, dark, good looking...very good looking, and muscular. He stood up for what he believed in, was a good soldier, did his job and did it well. Only thing she could live without was that god damned attitude he gave her, and his arrogance.

She stood up and brushed herself off. “Come on, let’s go” she said, lending a hand to help Tom up to his feet. Cylie walked away a bit, so she could grab her rifle and few things she dropped.

Tom bent down and picked up a small crystal. "Yo Tres, look at this." At Omni-Trans everyone called her Tresa, which was her proper name. Cylie was a nickname she got when she was a toddler, and it stuck ever since. The crystal was a peach color, and upon closer inspection, looked like it has an inscription etched into the side. “Wasn’t that Scott guy talking about something like this earlier? He asked handing it to Cylie.

She gazed at it, “Yea I think so…I’ll show it to Turms and see what he says” She said. She bent over patting the corpse to see if anything else dropped. Tom stared at her butt; she stood up and saw him. She narrowed eyes at him. She normally would say something to him but it was pointless. He did it all the time it became an unnoticed habit. Besides a part of her wanted that attention from him today.

“What? Not like I’m touchin’ it…” he chuckled, “Unless you want me to.” he reached down and gave her butt a quick squeeze with his hand. “Cause I know you like it” he chuckled.

She shook her head. "Come on, let’s head back. It’s late, I’m tired, and I need a shower. Tom shrugged and they started walking back toward their exit.

"Why are we looking for these things again?" Tom asked, taking a medium sized rock and throwing it at her. "Why can't he get off his ass and get it himself?" Tom asked.

“What the hell?” she yelled, nudging Tom in the arm; "knock it off...and I told you already, I'm doing this as a favor to him." she explained.

She turned around and slipped on a wet patch of grass, falling back against Tom. "Watch where you're goin" Tom said as he caught her, giving her a curious look.

"Sorry" She said, getting back on her feet and holding a hand against her back, which had been hurting a bit all day.

They walked for a while, Tom occasionally throwing something at Cylie out of boredom. "I’m hungry, why don't we go back to my place, you can help me get out of my armor, and then we can go meet up with the boys and get some food? Tom asked.
    "Am I going to have to pay again?" she asked, still rubbing her back.

He answered with a smart ass remark, as usual “Well, yea. Look, it’s not my fault some bitch stole my wallet”

“Fine” she rolled her eyes. “Well...I kinda do owe you for taking me up here” she said, walking ahead of Tom, looking about her surroundings. There was a small wall that stretched for miles. A yutto stood at an opening. Yuttos were odd people. They were tall and spoke broken English. They wore a beige cloak that covered everything. All you said were two lights as their eyes.

“Well hey if we’re gonna talk about you paying me…” he put his arms around Cylie’s waist, and a sly grin on his face “I can think of a few ways.”

“I bet you could…now get off me” she said, pulling away from him. They continued their walk out of City South to the garden that would lead them back to Rubi Ka. It was hot, but not a humid hot, a nice comfortable heat with a nice breeze passing by every so often. The road was dirt and grass here and there. The sky was a dark blue color, no clouds to be seen.
    Last edited by Cylie; Apr 14th, 2008 at 18:02:15.
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

[[Part 2]]

They arrived at Tom's apartment and sat their equipment down. Tom lived in the Slum section of Omni-1 Entertainment. It was a simple apartment. He had a plain beat up table and a couple chairs. There was a couch and a gridtube to the left when you stepped in. His bed was unmade and clothes laid on the floor by it. It wasn't too messy but there were a few beer cans lying here and there. He had some shelves that had a few pictures and books.

“Aah... can't wait to get out of this getup” Tom said, stretching a bit.

Diwari woke up. Diwari was a small bot, really tiny, could fit in your hand. He was gray and two nubs on his side that looked like wings. Tom had gotten him when Dreadloch the armor manufacturer was running a promotion. An engineer had tinkered with is and Diwari “came to life” you could say. Tom too a liking to him so he carried him everywhere. Except for these trips, it was too dangerous for the little bot. He hovered over to Tom and beeped a few happy sounding beeps. “Hey buddy” Tom said patting it a bit. Diwari flew back and sat down on to its docking system.

“It’s such a hassle getting you out of this thing, you know.” Cylie chuckled, unstrapping parts of Tom's chest plate. She moved to the back and started to unsnap his shoulder pad. His shoulder pads were heavy. They scaled down over his shoulder in layers. They were a dull silver, almost like dark pewter. The rest of his armor was a metallic brown. They were smooth and tough, heavy just like the shoulder pads. They were however easier to get off. She eyed him, from head to toe. “He’s so damn hot” she thought to herself.

She finished helping him with his armor and went to take hers off. Her armor was Steel ribbed, a mixture of black and dark grays. It was thin and malleable. This was great for agents who would have
    to maneuver tight spaces with their bodies. She found a cape from the Shadowlands, it was a simple cape, black and long.

“Whoa Tres” Tom exclaimed in shock, as Cylie removed her cape,. “You cut your side”, he walked over to Cylie, eying her wound.

“Huh?” Cylie asked as she turned to try and see her back. “I can't…really see it” Tom lifted up her body armor to get a better look.

Cylie winced at the pain. “Ow ow,” she seethed from the pain. It was a flesh wound, about two inches. It had already started to close but you could tell it had been bleeding for a bit. The skin around it was bruised and slightly swollen.

Tom grabbed a stim, a stim with healing nanobots inside glowed a yellowish color. The syringe was thick. He got some bandages from his backpack and got some tissues and wet them and came back to Cylie. “Lean on the table so I can patch you up.” Tom wiped away the dry blood. Cylie winced as he touched it. “You're gonna have to sit still for me to do this” he said, getting the stim ready. Cylie leaned on the table as he wrapped one arm around her front, since he knew she wouldn't like what came next.

Tom took the stim and injected it at the wound site. Cylie cried; her skin being as thin as it was, she did not have a high tolerance for pain. She grabbed Tom's bicep, buried her forehead against it, and winced. Tom on the other hand, had his hand cupping Cylie's breast, and the other on her butt which she did not notice...yet.

“Th...Thanks” Cylie said, standing up. “Um…Excuse me?” she said, looking down at Tom's hands, and
    then back up at his grinning face.

“I say, why don’t we stay in and have some fun of our own?”, he says positioning himself behind her pushing himself against her

“Could you just put the bandage on please?” She said, narrowing her eyes.

“Pfft” he went, getting the bandage. “You gonna cry like a baby this time?”. He put the bandage on Cylie's wound, and cleaned up the mess.

“Thank you” she said. “I'm gonna go wash up real quick before we go.” She grabbed her bag and headed to the bathroom. She closed the door over, not shutting it completely.

Tom started to change out of the rest of his armor and peered toward the bathroom. He walked over to the doorway, peering in, watching Cylie change. “If you need help taking your clothes off, feel free to ask me.” he smirked.

“No thanks, I think I have it under control!” she laughed. She wouldn't admit it, but the image of him undressing her did pop into her mind. She had a knack for denying her true feelings, especially when it came to Tom.

Tom shrugged “Suit yourself,” and walked away. Cylie came out in a tank top and yoga pants. Normally when she would go out she would want to go home and shower, pick out a hot outfit and put her make up on. But they were just going for a beer and food with Tom’s boys, so she didn't care too much this time. Cylie came out and saw Tom was in his wife beater, camouflage pants and dog tags. Cylie almost melted at the sight. She loved it when he wore that shirt. He threw a t-shirt on over top. “Darn,” she thought, smirking to herself. “You ready?” he asked. Cylie nodded, grabbed her small purse, put it around her shoulder, and they left.
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

Loud music played at the bar. It was mostly a form of alternative rock, occasionally playing something with a nice beat to dance to. It was the local dive of the slums in Omni-1 Entertainment. They sat at the bar and ordered beer and sake. Tom lit a cigarette and started flirting with some teenagers next to him. You could tell they were young. Their makeup was so many different colors they looked like clowns. Cylie sipped her drink and thought of Lysandrel.

She had met Lysandrel at the Rompa Bar a few months ago. They started to date a bit, and lasted about two months and then nothing. He just disappeared never to be heard from again. He had been gone for a while and since she hadn’t thought it was going to last anyway she had easily come to terms with getting over it and moving on.

She hopped off her stool and walked around, peering through the crowd, seeing if she knew anyone there. The bar was dark; it had a few strobe lights on the dance floor and some lighting at the bar. You could see enough to talk to someone. It smelled of alcohol, smoke, and some odd smell that no one can explain. Since it was located in the slums it was a hang out for local delinquents and the low life. She saw a couple people that she knew, so she headed towards them. She danced with them for a while, only occasionally glancing back at Tom.

After an hour of nonstop dancing, Cylie went back to the bar to get another drink. She’d only had one, but she felt like she was already a bit buzzed. Tom was sitting with his boys watching a cougar come on to young men and his friend. She wasn't fooling anyone, she had wrinkles on her cheeks, a bad case of crows feet and extra flabby skin that fell out of her halter top.

He took a drag of his cigarette and exhaled, “Hey hotness, did you have fun shaking your booty on the dance floor?” he said, winking at Cylie, chuckling. She rolled her eyes and waved to the guys.

“Hey Tres” they said back to her. “Tres, you owe me the next dance, got it?” Dwight said, winking at Cylie.

“You got it Buddy” she said back, giggling.

Darren smiled at her. “How did your training go this week? Did you find it easier after those maneuvers I showed you?” He asked moving closer to her. He thought she was kind of cute, and as a result he was even shyer around her.

“Oh, pretty good so far.” She said. “The real test will be when I take my physical tests, they were scheduled for May.

“Ah that’s good to hear, training can be rough. As long as you keep up with it, I’m sure you'll be in the field in no time” he said, switching his eyes from her to the floor.

The guys served together in the Armed Forces. After they all had finished their terms they had spread out in the corporation, doing security work for various departments. About three or four years ago, Tom had asked Cylie to track them down and put in for a transfer for them.

The bartender sat a glass of sake on the counter in front of Tom, and waved for Cylie. As she reached for her drink, a bar fly came up ignoring her presence and pushed her. She stumbled slightly and bumped into Tom.

Tom looked at her “How many of those have you had?” he asked.

Cylie turned to the drunken man, “Hey! Watch where you're going!” she yelled. He wasn't paying attention. She rolled her eyes, annoyed. “Sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you, I've only had one drink but I bet you he’s had a whole lot more” she said pointing to the drunken man behind her.

The man bumped into her again, but this time Tom noticed. “Aw hey there little lady I didn't mean to step on ya” the man spit as he spoke, and could barely stand up straight. He breath stunk of alcohol, smoke and rotten eggs. “Hey you wanna...wanna go somewhere more private?” he asked.

Tom stood up, “Hey I think you had one to many. Why don't you head on out of here before you hurt someone?” he said to the drunk.

“Hey I ain't talkin' to you buddy, so stay out of it” the drunk said. He put his arm around Cylie “Why don't you and I get out of here eh?”

Cylie squirmed away from him, “Please don't touch me” she said, moving beside Tom.

“What, am I not good enough? I'm more man than your little boyfriend here” he chuckled, hiccuping after every word. “Now come on, let’s go have some fun” he said, reaching for Cylie.

She stepped back, “I believe she said to leave her alone” Dwight stepped up and moved Cylie behind Tom. “Look pal, you've had enough.” he added.

Tom and Dwight stood there, just waiting for the drunk to start a fight. “And who are you, her bodyguards?” The drunk said, spitting.

“As a matter of fact, we are” Dwight replied.

“Well lemme tellya something buddy. I ain’t listenin’ to you!” he yelled. He swung a fist at Dwight, who ducked out of the way, the drunk’s punch landing on Darren.

The second Tom punched the drunk back into the counter, all hell broke loose. “Oh! Oh my god, are you okay!?” Cylie asked Darren, pulling him away from the brawl; she looked at his nose seeing if it was bleeding. Fists flew, bottles were thrown, and the yelling and screaming was loud enough to even drown out the music.

“Yea I’m okay…I don’t think it’s broken” he said, rubbing his nose.

“We should get out of here!” Cylie shouted, watching someone hit tom with a bottle. “Whoa!” she yelled as another drunk came flying at her, she ducked

The drunk grabbed the nape of her neck, infuriated! “Why you little…”, she elbowed him in his stomach and he released. “Bitch!!” he yelled and went to punch her. She ducked and pushed him forward against the counter, and pinned him down, giving him a knee to the crotch.

Dwight and Tom whistled over at Chubby and Darren and waved them to follow. Chubby grabbed Cylie away from the drunkard and the five made their way out.

They ran through the slums till they hit the exit. They got out of the bar and realized someone had followed them. The drunk that attacked Cylie had come out yelling at them. The slums were a maze of beat up wooden planks and bridges. The group separated going different ways to confuse the drunk. “Hey over here you dum bass” Tom shouted laughing. The drunk ran in his direction.

“No over here you yellow has been” Chubby yelled. The drunk stopped then ran in Chub’s direction. They all joined in yelling running back and forth. Finally the drunk gave up and walked back to the bar. They all met up at the entrance to the slums and caught their breaths.

“Let’s go get some food, I’m starving” Chubby said as the saw the Bronto Burger. Bronto Burgers was an outside burger joint. It had a great big statue of a Bronto head and the best burgers on the planet. They all agreed they were hungry but rather go to a different Bronto since this was close to the slums. So they walked over to the Bronto by the Rome Wompah.

They ate and drank. They were all a bit drunk so they goofed off as well. Darren took a few fries and threw them at Chubby. Chubby of course through them back but hit Dwight. The started a mini food fight. “Aw man you got sauce on my cheek” Dwight wined and laughed. Cylie stopped and walked over to Dwight who was grabbing some napkins.

Tom grabbed a bottle of water and poured it down Cylie’s back. “Oooooooo” she squealed and giggled. She got up and chased Tom around the table.

A few hours later, they walked through Entertainment towards their apartments. Dwight carried Cylie on his back. The other guys had a tendency to walk behind them. “I love Opi women, they’re so easy to carry” Dwight said with a grin.

Cylie giggled “Yeah, our bodies sure have a lot of good perks!” she giggled some more.

“Oh yea?” You should show me sometime!” Dwight said, chuckling. Cylie joined in and giggled some more. She hopped off his back, since she knew they were about to part ways.

“Tres you want us to walk you home? It’s getting late” Darren asked, looking down a bit.

“Nah, I left my gear at Tom’s so I’ll be okay, but thanks for offering.” She smiled as Tom made thrusting moves with his pelvis in Cylie's direction. He stopped as soon as she turned. Cylie gave him a dirty look.

They parted ways and Cylie and Tom headed for his place, smacking and punching each other every so often along the way.

After a long time spent walking, they got back to Tom’s apartment. Tom took his shirt off, got a beer out of the fridge, and sat on the couch. “You can crash here if you want, since it’s so late” he said, sitting on the couch, taking a swig of his beer.

“Yea, thanks”, she said. Cylie put her bag on the table and went over to get a beer for herself. She turned toward the living room and looked at Tom in his wife beater. As she walked closer to the couch, her eyes focused on the chain that hung loosely around his neck. Biting her lip, she thought “M'mm” to herself. She was drunk, tired, and horny. They had been spending a lot of time together lately, and she was feeling effects from it.

She sat her beer on the side table that was next to Tom, walked around, and sat down to watch the gridvision. Her mind was going crazy as she eyed him. He had an Armed Forces Logo on his shoulder. His muscles glisten with sweat as it was hot in his apartment. He had said earlier the heating and cooling unit was broken. Cylie was feeling hot too but for other reasons. She wanted so bad to make a move on him but didn't know how. She was more shock that was even planning to.

She crawled over to Tom and reached for her beer, giving him a very subtle but sly smile. She caught his attention. “Can I help you?” he asked, smirking a bit himself. His eyes traced her curves from head to toe. She said nothing as she put her mouth to the bottle and took a big drink, keeping her eyes locked on his she swallowed. He perked up, knowing full well what she was thinking.

“You have something I want…” she practically purred, climbing onto his lap.

“Is that so?” he asked, he kissed her.

Cylie stood up and Tom followed, he picked her up in his strong arms. She wrapped her arms and legs around him as he carried her off to his bed. They stayed there for the rest of the evening.
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

((Very nice!))
    Cpt. Darius "Gustavis" Caesar,
    Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation

Interview with Rubi-Ka Times at AO-Universe!

((Yes, very nice indeed Glad to see ya made all those corrections, too! Keep up the good work! ))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

(( Very good story. I'm looking forward for the sequel (no stress ) .
    Qianjin | martial artist | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams (link!)
    Guifei | bureaucrat | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams

and a few more lowbie alts

((what`s the short part of the story?))
    Last edited by Cheoptera; Apr 23rd, 2008 at 14:58:04. Reason: In character posts only
    Prayersol 220/25 soldier
    Cutest 220/23 agent