Thread: Everything you wanna share about pvp..

Everything you wanna share about pvp..

Well since I have tomorrow exam at uni and im too lazy to start revising, thought Im gonna make some new thread on pvp issues/feelings whines etc.

Dueled Karstas (rk2 uber engi) today and was regretting that I haven't ip'ed Duck explosions.
    Apart from some (2) crappy messed up duels we had some really nice duels, in total of 8.
    I used TP: for pnh/ior.
    Used decrepitude on both pets since I didn't have reflects, thought -2.5k init debuff is better than -1.5k + reflects.
    At first tried evade setup and can tell you one thing: ITS WORTHLESS versus engi since pets don't miss a thing >.< But I had enough evades to dodge his RE perks.
    Mainly was kiting all over the place and was bit disappointed that you have to stand still for 2 secs to use free movement stims to get off occasional engi pet snare

Other thing is that I didn't have enough dmg to kill him. Longest duel was I think were I outlasted 3 his coons and Bior thats quite a time. Thinking of solutions and decided that my perk setup is rather crappy dmg setup. I have all usual agent perks + Snipe Shot 1 and from AI Atrox prim and Made (for evades). Made is extra crappy dmg wise since it has only 1 perk with 2min recharge. Thinking to changing it versus CoNC so better dmg dealing perks with faster recharge in order to kill that engi.

What else - hmm. I even thought of using DB agent dot (lol) too bad I am lacking like some 50ish nano skills to cast it with nano research 3. So when I would be done with reperking I could use 3 dots on engi + better perk dmg.

And...
    It would be whole lot easier if I wouldn't need to tank those bloody pets, and here we come to defense.

I have reached nanocost cap for trox with NT buffs, when NT deletes your nanopool it is essential to kite for 20more secs. You don't want to use your Nano regain/notum focus/stims right after it because it has nano drain and will be no point.
    Although I have all this nano love, I am still lacking nano delta to effectively tank those pets. So I was thinking of getting Nanite merit board, new robe from 17.9 and Alb ring which would add 40 nano delta, I mainly was keeping free movement stims prepared so I didn't use nano ones.

With all that I think I should be able to beat engi. Of course you won't have such problems if you have 1) Duck explosion maxed 2) Right wrist nano delta implant and AI 30 for CoNC/CoHA (nurf zunjxx/pheddex/cheree )

Some weird things:
    Used AC crit in mid duel, and guess what, I missed 3 shots in row!!! C'mon I have 2.7k AR and was 50% agg for 1/1. Thats like huh Oo

Tried one duel with: at countdown start sneaking, cast Nemesis nano from sneak. Here I was at full agg with 1.4kish nano skills. Engi has 2.1k NR. Guess what...
    IT DID NOT LAND!!! ffs

Oh and if you don't have good nano delta, duck explosion as me, kite engie in HUUGE circles. This is primarly to avoid their Demo nuke which has short range and is following right after nano drain. Also when you see that instill device in your NCU make sure you cast your CH because it will be last in quite a while, it helped me to up my survival chances but as I said previously main problem was that I didn't have enough dmg to kill that engi.

Also dueled Gonzales (Badgenes engi) same scenario as above only I made bigger errors because of lack of practice. And Imoonderman2 that duel I loved. He didn't have demo perks so I was able to tank his pets and kill him rather easy comparing to Karstas.

Gonna share some more feelings in other post later... Props to all engies who dueled me. Btw used cobra and didn't try microphone swapping for blockers.

VS semi good engies or low HP ones, crits hurt em mush... so what i do is UBT pets and engi... use conc at start + perkdots from toxic dot ring and doc dot to suprise em , let em coon and after that perk alpha.... as im in dmg setup, till then usually NSD procced to kill his reflects, my perks hurt pretty much and i can kill all up to maybe 14k HP with ease....

well.. then there is engies like febble or Karsta... humm.... i dont see how i shall beat em without luck of the underdog...
    Pheddex 220/30/70 trox agent equip

Pheddy 220/30/70 soli crat equip

Pheddette 164/19/42 opi trader equip

Lavidaloco 150/17/30 opi agent equip

Tinytall 200/25/70 opi advy equip

well i used to duel engis a lot since they were our duel nemesis prof among with mas when i first got into pvp. still do - got somewhat of an inability to cope with the change that there hardly is any no nemesis prof :P

anyways. microphone only works against gimp engis. the new spec absorb is fool proof in that aspect so don't bother. the nano drain thing is grenade based, so not every engi has it or can hit you with it no matter what duck you got. but imo it's what ****s us up.

well my setup is a little out dated so just a few points:

1. there are some stun engis. they're gonna eat you alive in evade and probably hp setup (dunno tho 21+ seems ok to survive but not sure)
    2. timing is crucial. wasting perks on bio, hitting nano stims...
    3. snareperks on pets may give you a window of opportunity (see below)
    4. perking ss and conc is superior to made imo, but realibrate is useful (see below)
    5. sort of a secret weapon against engis is a pinpoint rifle. only works when u shoot tho, so you gotta use that window i mentioned above or tank the damn pets for a sec. recalibrate can spin that rifle up and crit buffs do the rest if u happen to find the right moment.
    6. engis are still one of the toughest solo profs imo. and there are a couple of different engi types out there. i never dueled rk3s dshark engi, so i dunno. i mentioned stun engis. then you got grenade, u got onehander blokes and as weapon guys. does make a difference.

hope some of the above will help i think decrepitude is the way to go, i agree. but i think tping engi would be more of a benefit, since it all comes down to if u can kill the dude when bios down.
    Last edited by Xootch; May 8th, 2008 at 22:55:45.

I notice that engies don't unroot their pets when blinded. They pretty much stand there and shoot. So if you're opi with blind blind (or twilight's murder), you could try using that window for debuffs.

have u tried nemesis nano btw?

My thoughts on this would be to use the nemesis nano to lower the Engineers nano skills and then root/snare their pets, make sure the nemesis stays on them so their pets stay rooted and then you only have the Engineer himself to deal with. Throw in DoT's and CH between the nemesis and the roots, should hurt him and keep you alive.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

1) Engi pets have 76% root resist unless engie doesn't bother using it

2) Improved pet attention insta cast/1sec recharge, removes roots/snares completely unless tranq/shot/SU

3) Nemesis nano doesn't do a crap when pets are already sent, so only use would be from sneak.

4) In fight it is 1.5 sec standing still to cast it and in fight it is completely useless since although pets could go OE with it, the command is already give and doesn't matter.

5) And 15sec duration mean you would have to be spamming it due to possibility of it not landing and once it doesn't land BAM engie pets are on you.

6) If engi uses alb nano drain you are basically completely defenseless for quite a big while - root graft/root graft, you dead.

Only option I see is somehow alphaing it using combo of high crits, dots, best dd perk setup including CoNC/CoHA, trying to rip through spec attack shield. If engi is smart he will see you are trying to get through his spec attacks and launch coon/bior.

true

although as i said, i don't think trying to rip thru spec abs will yield much success. but i agree, unless u use perksnares rooting pets is a waste of casttime and nano. for the same reason i'm not a big fan of casting dots on the engi.

didn't have xp with alb ring using engis, but i see ur point :P
    Last edited by Xootch; May 9th, 2008 at 16:22:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    1) Engi pets have 76% root resist unless engie doesn't bother using it

2) Improved pet attention insta cast/1sec recharge, removes roots/snares completely unless tranq/shot/SU

3) Nemesis nano doesn't do a crap when pets are already sent, so only use would be from sneak.
    I was more thinking of using the nemesis nano to prevent the Engineer from using Improved Pet Attention, it strips off 750 from each nano skill so it should prevent them removing the roots/snares if they land, might be a bit of a gamble and hard to maintain, but together they might keep the pets out of the way.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

I dueled some times ago Feble best engi with brain on RK2 and he killed me without pet 10k nanopool drain hurt bad
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

peeeef
    Last edited by Biggysmallz; May 10th, 2008 at 11:27:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    ..and improved AC buff with 6min duration and 250crit increase!
    pssh, I won't accept anything under 350 crit increase!

Noticed something in the first post.

"Mainly was kiting all over the place and was bit disappointed that you have to stand still for 2 secs to use free movement stims to get off occasional engi pet snare"

If you want to keep moving while breaking the snare you can do that by stopping attack while the bar fills. This works for reloads/weaponswapping etc also. Not sure if it'd help much in this case since well, you're still snared
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Ah thanks a lot for that info, I was wondering for myself why sometimes weaponswap can be done while running and sometimes you need to stop .

at tl5 its i have dueled few,

nothing super twinked..
    dont even recall names

but i used deaths gaze and alphaed em afterwards, 3 sec duel
    did taht several times

thank you for that. oh my.
    Last edited by Xootch; May 12th, 2008 at 15:25:40.

Stopping attack can give opportunity for opponent to heal himself with better treatment kits. If he's being aware that is. Risky game, even though you need just a second to do it.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.