Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New line of Nanos to help PVP

New line of Nanos to help PVP

Been thinking this for a while.

Basically we get 'PVP' heals and DOTs.

The idea is, we get a whole new line of heals, that heal for less than our current SL heals, but have a much reduced cast time, possible to insta/1s cap at full def (though not without effort). We should also get 3 new DOT lines, doing less damage than current ones, but far easier to cap at full def also.

The thing about these new heals though, is they shouldn't be affected by current heal debuffing nanos, those should only affect SL heals, if a doc wishes to still try use these, for other players (read next paragraph). The heal debuffs would still have lots of use, especially in team pvp, which is where FC wants pvp now, I believe.

The PVP heals should all be self only also, this way we can keep our opponents targeted at all times, and still heal ourselves (ever healed your opponent? Yeah it annoys).

Of course another good thing about getting these nanos is full def our NR will actually have a use finally, and we wont get ever single debuff and perk land on us like we currently do. Evades as bad as they are will have some more meaning, though not too much.

Anyway, what does everyone think? Apologies if something like this have been suggested already, I found nothing with a small search i did.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

selfonly heals sounds nice

tho, don't nerf our healability by going down in heal power per "tick".
    Rather make them what they are today, shave off a couple of secs on cast time, and perhaps 0.5 to 1 sec of recharge.

Faster dots?
    Sounds fine, but don't nerf their damage.
    Current triple dots are enough to close to negate a fixers ability to HoT. We still have to rely on AS to kill them.
    Increase their damage by 5-10% and make them a triple, or "easily" instacast (@2500 nanocinit?) at full def.
    Or better yet, make them perk based, ignoring aad. with 50% uptime (30 sec dur, 60 sec lockdown), and not stackable with nano-dots. Perhaps don't even make them 5-10% higher damage, but add a dot d.

And remove f'n mp "lub shield" dot from doc dot c (or w/e it was) line. Like ... NOW.
    Last edited by Ober; Mar 30th, 2007 at 05:53:58.

I have a GREAT idea for this too. I've been working on it for the past few weeks. Tell me what you guys think of these as new "PvP" heals...

Cellular Recuperation

Cast Time: 5s
    Requirements
    To Use
    User Biological metamorphosis >= 1087 and
    User Matter metamorphosis >= 1087 and
    User Profession == Doctor and
    User Level >= 175 and
    User Specialization & Third and
    User Expansion sets & Shadowlands

Effects On Use
    Target Hit Health 952 .. 1288
    Target Cast Cellular Recuperation
    if Level >= 165

Restorative Influx

Cast Time: 8s
    Requirements To Use
    User Biological metamorphosis >= 1556 and
    User Matter metamorphosis >= 1556 and
    User Level >= 209 and
    User Specialization & Fourth and

Effects On Use
    Target Hit Health 2097 .. 2837
    Target Cast Restorative Influx
    if Level >= 201

Revivification

Cast Time: 8s
    Requirements To Use
    User Biological metamorphosis >= 1691 and
    User Matter metamorphosis >= 1691 and
    User Level >= 212 and
    User Specialization & Fourth and

Effects On Use
    Target Hit Health 2607 .. 3527
    Target Cast Revivification
    if Level >= 201

That's a few suggestions I have for some new PvP heals to give to doctors. I have some others, just didn't feel like typing them out at the moment. Check this though, all the heals are just like our Shadowlands heals in that they give TempHP boosts as well when you land the heal. Let me know what you guys think! I'd love some feedback on this...
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

Here's some ideas I had:

1) DoT's that also heal your team(i.e. Hit's the target for 800 damage every 3 seconds and heals 50% of that to all team members) A,B, and C lines of these dots would mean that if you run several dots on several targets you can both heal your team and contribute damage at the same time.

2)Extension of the doctor nuke line with each nuke also healing your team. Damage must be good enough to be an alternate to aimed shot, but not too good so as to make it overpowered with the healing aspect of it.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Or just take current nanos, shave off some cast time, and add between 50 and 150 worth of nanoskills to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Or just take current nanos, shave off some cast time, and add between 50 and 150 worth of nanoskills to use.
    Why?

So you can cast on full def without putting in the effort Haminie did?
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    Why?

I did say some, not a lot.

And my efforts have gone into hp so far, hp first, nanoinit second, cost third.
    Not to mention, I put a lot of effort into putting Silverback mk6 on before they "fixed it".

I also did some effort leveling to 220, beeing the best PvM healing doc I know of.
    Camping spirit shroud for a bit over a year, and various other efforts, including beeing president of Quetzalcoatl.

But to answer your question, the reason is that I want docs to have a decent defense in pvp. Both beeing able to have ****loads of hp, and having the ability to go full def, so we actually can resist some debuffs.

And while haminie perhaps might be an old school doc, I have no problems saying I'm a hell of a doc myself, even tho I've only played for just over 2 years.

Actually, I haven't come across anyone but fixichong and khrystanna beeing able to alpha me solo lately. That I tribute to putting some effort into HP. When I've done my 2.5k board (yes, I've been lazy here), and gotten my funky new hud2 item, I will be around 19-19.5k hp w/o proc from BI, making me even harder to alpha.
    Ofc, I could sacrifice about 2-3k hp and get around 2-300 more nanocinit, but that would make me wide open for alphagnak.

And generally, I'm aiming for not beeing killable by NBS+triple NT.
    Last edited by Ober; Mar 30th, 2007 at 08:58:12.

Its pretty irrelevant how long you've played as long as you understand the nature of the doctor class. I may be old school, but that just means I've tried and failed at more things than other doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Haminie View Post
    Its pretty irrelevant how long you've played as long as you understand the nature of the doctor class. I may be old school, but that just means I've tried and failed at more things than other doctors.
    Agreed

And you having tried and tested lots of more or less stupid stuff, and seeing docs in the "old age" might give you more experience, insight and perhaps also prejudice.
    This opposed to me seeing only post ai/sl docs, and perhaps having a bit fresher, but less experienced eyes.

Wether that is good or not, is ofc up to both discussion and setting

Bleh /rant off

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    Why?

effort? this is totally crap and will help you nothing

i don't think healing is really the problem, 90% of the time u die on BS is when u r stunned. since le almost everyone stuns now and some like crat proc r unbreakable and lasts up to 15s which is a death sentence for a doc

Quote Originally Posted by roughead View Post
    lasts up to 15s which is a death sentence for a doc
    Not only for docs. More like death sentence for all.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Retired Doc Professional
    i see what your trying to accomplish here fox, but honestly i dont want more nanos. we've got enough overpriced heals and dots. what we really need is for the current toolset to be tweaked
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Would be vp-buyable prolly like other le-nanos, should give me some reason to go to bs at least ;<

And dunno what Haminie is trying to say, don't think all docs want to run around full def with 10k hp using lvl2 heals.

Really? Because I can run around in BS and insta cast full def the 216 heal without any problems. Having 10k HP, not true, but whatever. If I remember correctly everyone was on a big kick to have as little HP as possible. What happened to that?

Really? Because I can run around in BS and insta cast full def the 216 heal without any problems. Having 10k HP, not true, but whatever. If I remember correctly everyone was on a big kick to have as little HP as possible. What happened to that?
    Actually it was everyone except doctors, because with RRFE a doc with 22k+ hp could survive just about any alpha, including stuns and still have time to toss off a BI. Pre RRFE nerf, docs were HP junkies. Now that setup no longer works since everything is a 40% cap so every doc seems to want a Silverback Mk6 so they can cap AS rather than have FC extend the doctor's existing toolset.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Self-only heals are a definite yes to me. While we're at it, lets make it so UBT -can't- be cast on yourself.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

So when are you sharing your godly wisdom about Nano.Init ?

because i can`t even insta cast 205 heal at full defense.. Either you are a liar or funcom thinks that everyone has to go with hamiini`s setup for pvp to be able to cast nano`s effecient enough for countering anything.

Hamini.. do you have other 220 charecters? because you seem to hate the idea that doctors should be decent in pvp... is it because you have 5 other 220 toons that you can have fun with and dont really care for docs in pvp as long as you can kill them easly with those? Because this just hits me evertime you open your mouth.

216 heal oO - i can cast 216 heal at 25% def with 20k hp + evade setup

Quote Originally Posted by Voyvovoy View Post
    216 heal oO - i can cast 216 heal at 25% def with 20k hp + evade setup
    Post equip please

Counting heal proc?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast