Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthropomorphic Morphs

Anthropomorphic Morphs

Current adventurer morphs run into many issues, mostly related to size, camera positions, nano effects, etc., turning them into a penalty instead of an asset. Adventurer morphs also disable the use of light source items such as Floating Torch, Floating Devil, Floating Angel, Tertium Quid, Light Bar. (While morphed, there will be no light effect around the adventurer for any of these items.)

In groups they can be a hindrance in targeting hostiles. In many indoor areas 3rd person cameras can make playing as a morphed character impossible. (Some LE mission rooms are epically heinous.) 1st person cam often suffers from having the morph head in the way... (Personally I don't like AO's 1st person view at all, but that's me.)

Anyway, my suggestion is to change the morphs so that they are anthropomorphic
    (Wikipedia) styled instead of full animal forms. Instead of becoming a Sabertooth, Wolf, or Pit Lizzard the morphed character would take on traits of that creater (think warewolfs.)

When "morphed" you would still have a human shape, still be wearing your armor (or, most of it anyway...). The ultimate option would be to have a slightly different but still human posture while morphed, but to save the sanity of the modelers stick with the current breed models. When morphed, the nano would change the head, hands, arms, feet, and back appearance, overriding the armor and/or social tab.

Sabretooth morph would get a cat head, black fur covered hands (with claws!), furry arms, fuzzy cat feet, and an animated tail. Original chest and leg armors would still be visible, completing the werecat appearance. Wolf and Pit Lizard would be similar, but with canine or reptilian appearances.

Leet and Parrot forms are functional as is due to size.
    Last edited by Glarawyn; Oct 9th, 2008 at 21:19:54.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn View Post
    Leet and Parrot forms are functional as is due to size.
    Yes but a troxleet or parrotifex would be FUN!
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

I like that idea a LOT...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

interesting concept...

Let's have some FC feed back aye?

Sounds good. The larger morphs are fine outside but as you say inside due to the camera and size it's just a huge pain. Having the camera go up my butt and lodge in my mouth has always been annoying.

Hmmm, I can see some potential to this idea.

I however like the cat morph too much, so if possible make an alternate version, like calias wolf and calias werewolf. With slight differences in buffs, such as weresabre not buffing dmg as much, but not debuffing runspeed as much.

Also, kind of unrelated, but wtb these weremorphs and all the other non-leet non-were morphs in vet point shop ^_^
    Chronicles of the AI Nub: The AI Conspiracy

Proud Sequel to Chronicles of the Hecknoobs: The Nerfbat Anthology, which is the proud sequal to Misson Impossible Four, which have probably been the least noteworthy stories on the planet since Paris Hilton's arrest.

And finally, we're proud to announce that there is NO Tom Cruisery in any story.

Then I could play my EQ Iksar by rolling a Soli Advy and using Pit Lizard form. woot!
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Bump!!!!
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Bamp. Tails are ftw \o/
    Chronicles of the AI Nub: The AI Conspiracy

Proud Sequel to Chronicles of the Hecknoobs: The Nerfbat Anthology, which is the proud sequal to Misson Impossible Four, which have probably been the least noteworthy stories on the planet since Paris Hilton's arrest.

And finally, we're proud to announce that there is NO Tom Cruisery in any story.

Bump
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

yes please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Bump
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

Bamp

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds. <-- skeel!
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

SeNd some fc feedback pls!

/bumpy
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
    I HELPED!!!!!

Great idea!

Even outside some morphs are quite annoying. Try running up a steep hill in sabre form....

umm sabre an stuff re great, but i think theres too many wolfes around, raids look really stupid with that, FC can morphs only be limited to advy (advy would morph, and everyone other will just get the modifiers and not the model change...)
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
    I HELPED!!!!!

Bump
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Bamp!

Anything is better than our 7 year old meshes.
    Spiral Lniya Dancer - Advy - equip - Dancer of the Black Spiral
    Tinky Numara Winky - Soldipex || Little Miip Tranqlet - Kepper
    Lanfear Lyvani Mosvani - NT || Vashti Ceneria Scales - Fixer
    Gogo Bollmongo Yubari - Doc || Luna Ayae - Enfipex - RAWR!
    Nid Noih - Trader|| Cookie Piika Cutter - Advy

And some more alts.

Proud Veteran of Punk, Aeon, Punk, Tranquility, Renaissance

bump
    Lukew
    neutral Third Faction

May the farce be with you.

The Ultimate YouTube Song-Off Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    <Q> /afk (I'm a keeper now)

'y'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast