Thread: New model for new money.

New model for new money.

Yet again FC has a new cash injection, yet again they will waste it trying to be something they are not. Lego anyone ?

For AO I would do this:-

Sloob is now FTP.

Any account that is fr00b has free sloob upgrade added as AN OPTION (oh yes you RPers I thought of you)

Any sloob account gets an all expansions upgrade offer with 3 months upfront for free; just pay for 3 months and get all expansions on that account. Account remains playable with recurring subscription/grace

Reduce the regular subscription price to $8 per 28 days. AO is way to expensive to keep players now, compared to newer titles. Get with times FC.

Discuss.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I've thought of that being a good idea since the rumor that it was actually happening.

More people playing the game, free or not, isn't a bad thing. AI and Xan trinkets are still worth being a full sub for, so I doubt that would be a problem. Currently, froob and paid are totally different games in one. Having SL, they'd at least be able to be viable for endgame content, while still not in the same league as paid.

I'd say this is just the sort of change that would get more people interested and actually playing.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

They would need to solve (read: remove) multiboxing before opening up SL for free is even considered an option.

AO without flocks of six identical toons ruining the game would be a wonderful start.
    Finishing the new engine and releasing on Steam (and Origin) is an awesome next step, so the influx of players isn't greeted by downright broken gameplay.
    Your suggestion would be a cherry on top.

you know how many story books I would be farming if that happened
    something like this . . needed to happen around 3 years ago

@Maxes - Just guessing here, Not sure, but I would think all it is , is just the equivalent of flipping 'on' a switch to make this happen, not much else. So can't seem to see how that would be taking time away from solving the already existing issues
    I don't seem or have those issues, myself. The new engine runs fine for me, I don't even have steam installed, and and maybe seen Multi boxers twice in the past 8 months But I can imagine they are there, just not around me
    Xaatsha2 ++Current setup++ - The Main
    Xaatma2 - Formally know as 'The Main'
    Xaatphd2-Future Doc . Xaatkeep
    -Future Keeper . Xaatmur -Future MP

Agreed this would make MB even worse, or atleast allow people who aren't mbing,to mb.
    That said this isn't a discussion about mb, and I think that's a top idea, alongside finalising the new engine and trying to get it on steam

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Reduce the regular subscription price to $8 per 28 days. AO is way to expensive to keep players now, compared to newer titles. Get with times FC.
    Discuss.
    Well For a 15 year old game, the current subscription price is a joke really. I quite amazed how Funcom customer service working, I think it is quite amazing when you saw how ISP/phone service give you advantages if you stay with them for a long time, or to get new customers but FC still keeps is unproductive customer policy -_-

Please mish don't tell us FC actually pay your marketing department, or they really should go back to school or they should try to go outside the office to understand how bisness works.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post

Discuss.
    The fact that so many people are still willing to pay so much for this game is probably the only thing keeping it profitable with such a small population. They're never going to lower the price because it's likely the only thing keeping the game alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    The fact that so many people are still willing to pay so much for this game is probably the only thing keeping it profitable with such a small population. They're never going to lower the price because it's likely the only thing keeping the game alive.
    In my opinion we talking here about the 1. Month subscription. If you buy 12 months, the value per month is here in Europe like 6 EUR.

Problem is the one month subscription with 17 EUR...No-one who is new is willing to pay this. It would be work if the price for a NEW account would be 5.99EUR (per month) in the first 3 months and then 17 EUR. Or save money with the 3/6/12 month offers.
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

Yeah, make first month 9.99$, then if people dont renew send them an offer 19.99 for 2 more months or 99$ for 15 months. But keep single month price high?

No idea why single month price is so high... Maybe loads of people simply have recuring 1 month on credit card and forget about it?

But first time sub 1 month should be cheap.

MB issue will not change with this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch