Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [RK1] IRRK Freelance: Newland's Peace Project Rejected by Omni-Tek

I wonder if anybody from Newland Council or BoD would care to comment if Mr. Trousers is really a Omni-Tek Ambassador to the Newland City Council or is he an imposter?

(([RK1] in title of news is there for a reason. Same as official Timeline.))
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

((I don't see a problem in cross dim posting. I don't see Trousers posing or posting in an official role as he would on something for rk2. I saw it more as a random passer by just making a comment. We're only a allowed one forum account per game account no? I don't think Trousers was acting as the Omni-Tek Ambassador for Newland (which he is on RK2) on this thread but just some omni guy making a comment. And it wasn't griefing, but someone looking for some good forum RP. Seeing as how there seems to be a slight uproar in cross dim post, I don't think I'll be playing my RK1 toon anymore seeing as how you guys don't seem very friendly.
    Sorry for the OOC hijack, if anyone wants to talk about this further, please send me a PM or something, as this thread already has enough ooc on it.
    Thanks))

maybe he's a spy
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

(( I certainly think Rimor roleplayers should be able to join in. Apart from the fact that all roleplaying is good, consider the possibility, however unlikely, that from this initial story the radar dish should actually get moved by the devs or Omni do pull out of Borealis, would this not affect all servers equally? ))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    ((I don't see a problem in cross dim posting. I don't see Trousers posing or posting in an official role as he would on something for rk2. I saw it more as a random passer by just making a comment. We're only a allowed one forum account per game account no? I don't think Trousers was acting as the Omni-Tek Ambassador for Newland (which he is on RK2) on this thread but just some omni guy making a comment. And it wasn't griefing, but someone looking for some good forum RP. Seeing as how there seems to be a slight uproar in cross dim post, I don't think I'll be playing my RK1 toon anymore seeing as how you guys don't seem very friendly.
    Sorry for the OOC hijack, if anyone wants to talk about this further, please send me a PM or something, as this thread already has enough ooc on it.
    Thanks))
    ((They're Isolationists and get upset when people outside of their clique question what they do. Heaven forbid.))

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    (([RK1] in title of news is there for a reason. Same as official Timeline.))
    ((Just like I said to PBF. If you feel like the big bad Rimorians can't call you Atlantians out to explain your actions, cry to FC again and ask for a separate forum. Until them your actions are public and the public have a right to call you out on it in a general fashion.))

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    (( I certainly think Rimor roleplayers should be able to join in. ))
    (( Thank you! ))
    Last edited by Trousers; Apr 6th, 2008 at 18:29:11.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

((the more roleplayers there are, the more fun it is, so you rk2'ers are all welcome!))
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    ... Jacob Stroud: The only two entities on Rubi-Ka that can develop an infrastructure project on that scale are Omni-Tek and the ICC. ...
    So we can make whole cities but can't manage a single satallite dish?
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

I agree with Gonido. I'm sure that everybody would gladly pay new taxes if it meant getting our city back. I got fed up with the fighting and moved to Jobe from Borealis, but Borealis will always be my home, and I'm just waiting for all this to end so i can move back.
    Boomzapdead, president of F.S.O.D.

In response to servers going down April fifth:
    Quote Originally Posted by landdog View Post
    Nah, I'm telling you, someone learned how to open the CoH chests and all this is just a big cover up.

well, if you are living in Jobe, then your tax money won't help us in Newland much.
    But it isn't completely right that Newland funds this, but I would give some support in building a new one if the citizens of Borealis united and actually did something about it. But cheapest thing would be to just move it.
    Last edited by Iaitoo; Apr 7th, 2008 at 11:38:08.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

Quote Originally Posted by Romadral View Post
    I agree with Gonido. I'm sure that everybody would gladly pay new taxes if it meant getting our city back. I got fed up with the fighting and moved to Jobe from Borealis, but Borealis will always be my home, and I'm just waiting for all this to end so i can move back.
    If Citizens of Borealis wish to donate funds to the project that should be commendable. As I've said, the burden of Borealis' issues are on the citizens of Borealis, not Newland City. Contributions are an entirely different topic then a Newland Government funded public works project; which was what was proposed.

I don't have access to Newland City cash flow statements but I suspect they felt emboldened to tackle this 'initiative' in part due to recent cash infusions the city receives from Phasefront for allowing that company to set up shop on Newland Lake. Whether this is a better use of such funds, compared to cleaning up the city's junkyards, is something one would hope the city could put to a public referendum.

I thought the phasefront money went into toogs personal coffers?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    I thought the phasefront money went into toogs personal coffers?
    You ought to be writing for Chit-Chat magazine.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

indeed, ChitChat magazines! where we uncover the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    indeed, ChitChat magazines! where we uncover the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and when we can't find any truth.. we MAKE IT UP!

Finnished it for you.

I just heard rumors that Toog gained a fair bit of personal funding from the whole deal... perhaps there wrong, perhaps there right.

Personally if it was me, I'd definitely have secured some personal profit in it. Its the smart thing to do, and I doubt toog would have passed up the chance himself...

Generally speaking it's unethical for an elected official to accept kickbacks from corporations. With that said, I can say that while Mayor King may harbor strong resentment toward the Omni-Tek Corporation, he has always been a man of high integrity; reserving of course the out lash in Omni-1.

I do not doubt that Newland City makes a decent amount of taxes off of the Phasefront Corporation, but even if they make tripple what Omni-Tek makes in taxation those taxes alone wouldn't fund a project of the proposed scale.

Okay, bottom line, they refuse to leave, we offered robot guards, we offered to build them a satallite.

Is there a peaceful solution or do we hire some Clan members to swell our numbers and declare war?

Lets just hope that the investigators from ICC will build a big enough case against omni and have their leaders remove their lease. Having one corp controlling the planet is not working!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    Okay, bottom line, they refuse to leave, we offered robot guards, we offered to build them a satallite.

Is there a peaceful solution or do we hire some Clan members to swell our numbers and declare war?
    Allow me to follow you down your path of logic. You ask Omni-Tek to leave a city Omni-Tek built and when Omni-Tek refused, that makes them bad?

How would you react if Omni-Tek asked the Neutrals to leave Newland? I'm fairly sure the Newlanders would refuse citing it's their city.

I'm sure the ICC would side with Omni-Tek when the case is made that the Corporation didn't accept gifts, and in turn had war declared on it for that reason.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast