Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17.9

Longest week in history?
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Not exactly what I was after...
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

The 17.9 preliminary notes will be made available when the update is ready for test live as usual, and that isn't set just yet. It will be in the not too distant future but I'm not going to give an exact date just yet.

As mentioned in the letter the content for this update isn't fully set yet so that's why you haven't seen any specific preview. That will most likely come with the preliminary notes when we have produced the first internal builds. It is 'soon' but I'm not going to put a date on it just yet.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    The 17.9 preliminary notes will be made available when the update is ready for test live as usual, and that isn't set just yet. It will be in the not too distant future but I'm not going to give an exact date just yet.

As mentioned in the letter the content for this update isn't fully set yet so that's why you haven't seen any specific preview. That will most likely come with the preliminary notes when we have produced the first internal builds. It is 'soon' but I'm not going to put a date on it just yet.
    aka be patient =p
    Katrinams220 Trader Dugihazsar220 Doc
    Katrinams3220 Shade Pathrunner220 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Limefire View Post
    I declare war on Katrinams. Don't act suprised. This has been brewing for months.

Mada mada dane! :P

What's the hurry anyway?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

As in Space Balls, I want to buy the video before it come out in theater
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Always in a hurry for a new patch..means new stuff..means evolution of AO...means progress...

and a little wish from my side..

work on story related quests...more stuff to read..more new quests to do like pads quests and uncle bazzit one...those really gave challenge and content and new dungeons stuff like Subway,foreman and TOTW those were really beautifully made..IS and COH just seem a copy of TOTW...whould be lovely to continue the order of original dungeons...related to the game world..

from level 100 players really havnt much to do that isnt repetitve like missions...raids...outside dynas hunt... i feel dungeons really ****e the game up..give players a place to gather and level togther..while enjoying new storys and new Adventurers....

Ill always remember the feeling I had first time I went inside totw..and first time i saw azzy...really uber...work well done...in IS I just felt like im back in totw...even the bosses look the same..and to add to that suckness..I couldnt do anything alone there without help from my 220 level friends..in Totw alot of people get by and can solo alot of stuff or do lowbie groups cause mobs arent so tought like in coh and IS.also sucks that most of COH is dark place..takes the fun from it..i mean make some areas dark..not the whole place..lol...

So new long full of story quests...and some new dungeons oriented for levels
    100-200 with the emphasize on the lower levels(100-150)....

thats my wish for the new patches upcoming this stuff will be uber...oh one more thing...im scared to ask..but if you make another expension like SL im sure to buy it sweeettt )

Quote Originally Posted by Thethe View Post
    give players a place to gather and level togther..while enjoying new storys and new Adventurers....
    You are wrong. Adventurers are obsolete. Everyone should roll Soldier and/or NT. Saves you time, money and frustration as every gimp NT or soldier will outperform any other totally pimped profession on BS. And these days soldiers come with free sharkie, now you can have your soldier and aquarium in one neat package. NTs don't have free sharkie, but they still bite with "I WIN LOLOLO!!11!" button. (C)
    Skpuppy - 220/29/70 Adventurer

LOL u misunderstood.. i ment adventure ..its something u do...not the proffession...

doh!

@Thethe
    WRT CoH I fel this was a well thought out (but yes dark) dungeon as it required a team to get through it (outside warping) with the levers buttons and # of mobs around (steps of madness on the other hand is CRZY... err.. madness ) And IS is a continuation of ToTW... but alas... not overly original

I too would like to see more dungeons with a team collaboration (RK) we can use. ATM I see them mostly adding 200+/expansion dungeons and not regualr content dungeons for all which greatly increases the player base.
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

LOL u misunderstood.. i ment adventure ..its something u do...not the proffession...

doh!
    I know what you meant. I just had to (ab)use it.
    Skpuppy - 220/29/70 Adventurer

yes I agree on the lower-mid level content. Most of the new dungeons have been for payed people which is understandeable but it leaves froobs with little other then missions to do, and for us that have froob friends it would be nice to have something other then missions to do also 100-160 is tiresome even for payed people it's kindof a grind and especially now people prefer just to get kited in that range then do the leveling themselves. It would be nice to add some content that would provide something else to do in that range then hecknoob it or kill borgs.

Patients are for hospitals!

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    @Thethe
    WRT CoH I fel this was a well thought out (but yes dark) dungeon as it required a team to get through it (outside warping) with the levers buttons and # of mobs around (steps of madness on the other hand is CRZY... err.. madness ) And IS is a continuation of ToTW... but alas... not overly original
    Guess CoH fails hard due to time/reward-ratio.
    The mobs in there have way too much hp, and xp(!) reward is too small.
    Risk/reward ratio is perfectly fine tho...

Not that I've been there since my doc was around 80-90'ish..

(besides my 110 collar dispenser)

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    Patients are for hospitals!
    Lies!
    "Sadly, the patch "stop others [from] being idiots" has been delayed."
    -Gurudee

"I think so, but every time they get a duel invitation popup it plays "Wanna Fanta" a few times over... "
    -Kotts (regarding Froobs+Dueling)

"The fail is strong in this one."
    -Pafpuf

I think Sil is trying to find a nice way of letting the community know that it wasn't an April Fool's 17.9 update post....
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

COH sucks as the level of player which is intended Level Range: 50-110 ...isnt appropriate to mobs inside..i mean ...you really think a level 50 can survive a moment there without been ganked immidiatly?

my solider level 150 struggles in there...so this dungoun is more for levels 150-170...and why go there if all mobs are grey?...its also far away very hard to get to..no portal or anything like in totw...so lets amuze ourself that it ment for teams only...no player to team there...some times u can find single players there..but nothing like totw because of the distance problem...

I think you mixed up level range for CoH
    It is not intended (and never was) for lev 50.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

COH sucks as the level of player which is intended Level Range: 50-110 ...isnt appropriate to mobs inside..i mean ...you really think a level 50 can survive a moment there without been ganked immidiatly?

my solider level 150 struggles in there...so this dungoun is more for levels 150-170...and why go there if all mobs are grey?...its also far away very hard to get to..no portal or anything like in totw...so lets amuze ourself that it ment for teams only...no player to team there...some times u can find single players there..but nothing like totw because of the distance problem...
    I have a 220 keeper and have never ever ever been to CoH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast