Thread: PVP Roots

PVP Roots

For all profs with roots. Current roots probably last too long for PVP, this a suggestion to change that.

Try not to focus on the numbers, more on the concept.

These roots would be short duration, but non removeable and in there own nanoline, so root resist/rage/free movement stims etc will only help against old long lasting roots. Unbreakable.

The new roots wouldn't be able to be cast on a target back to back either.

Take a look at Improved Complete Healing.

The recharge from the nano is short, but when used it casts a buff in the NCU that stops you casting it again for 20s.

The PVP roots could work almost the same, so you cast the root, which only lasts 10s (ignore the example numbers) but the target lockout could be 20-25s, and you can't cast it on him again for this time.

Only difference between the lockout on this and ICH, is the doc gets the lockout buff, but heals don't fumble or get countered. The lockout nano on PVP roots would need be in the targets NCU, allowing the caster to attempt to recast should it be countered by NR or if it fumbles.

The lockout nano would need stop old roots being used also while to lockout buff is running. This forces players to pick a old long root that can be removed, is breakable, faces root resist, but can be cast back to back, or a single land root that won't break or be removed, but has a short duration and a downtime between uses.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

it's a nice idea but anything that basically says "lets add unbreakable roots (regardless of duration)" is going to get rejected by the majority :/

i do agree with you that regular roots last way too long, and lets not talk about snares...
    Threeze - 220/24/69 Neutral Fixer [Old New E], [Old Old E]
    Threezeley -220/17 Neutral Meta-Physicist
    Maytricks -218/18 Neutral Doctor
    Beautystrike -150/00 Neutral Nano-Technician
    Bloodred -150/05 Clan Agent
    Optimize -147/05 Omni Bureaucrat
    Maytri -120/02 Neutral Engineer
    Oneze -74/07 Neutral Fixer

So basically, you want
    http://aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=267535, only it roots instead of mezzes (or init debuffs in case of pvp)?
    The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off to conserve energy.

My Greatest fear is that doctors call what they do "practice."

Despana -Eremite Tamer Extraordinaire!
    Sangaril -A stab in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Threeze View Post
    it's a nice idea but anything that basically says "lets add unbreakable roots (regardless of duration)" is going to get rejected by the majority :/

i do agree with you that regular roots last way too long, and lets not talk about snares...
    Well if all profs with roots gained pvp alternative ones i don't see why they wouldn't want them.

Also yeah, same kind of idea for snares too would make sense.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Unremovable E-NSD with a 30 sec lockout, pretty please.

P.S.
    Ain't gonna happen.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Bump.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Hmm?

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

how about reduce all roots duration on BS to 30s max, no new roots needed or things like that. it's not like anything besides an advi (bait) can last longer than that in the middle of BS zergs.
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

Single target, low resist, unbreakable and unresistable roots would be nice.

A lockout sounds good too, so you cant just keep spamming, FC have demonstrated they can manage things like that with the Last Minute Negotiations calms.

Now if only they could make attacks fail if you move out of range
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Guys, stop dreaming. This isn't going to happen. Kiters are ranged, have less sync problems yet are the ones with roots. Those who should have them are melee, but it was made otherwise, not a single melee prof has roots. So bear with it and buy free movements. As much as I want that to happen, it's just a no go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    Guys, stop dreaming. This isn't going to happen. Kiters are ranged, have less sync problems yet are the ones with roots. Those who should have them are melee, but it was made otherwise, not a single melee prof has roots. So bear with it and buy free movements. As much as I want that to happen, it's just a no go.
    Melee has crapload of root/snare/stun resistances tho.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

How about removing the no break part to this.

Well call the nano line Root2
    Now we change free movements so they shorten root2 lines by 4s.

So 10s root goes to 6s with 20s lock out from other roots.

(Once again ignore the numbers.)

Using this it would be possible to give all professions a new root ability while controlling balace of it.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Kiters are ranged, have less sync problems yet are the ones with roots.
    So while playing my melee prof I have more sync issues then if I relog to a ranged prof?

Perhaps this is in the wording but that's what I gathered. And I'll clarify on it: ranged professions have just as much sync issues as melee profs, they just don't get effected by it as much.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    So while playing my melee prof I have more sync issues then if I relog to a ranged prof?

Perhaps this is in the wording but that's what I gathered. And I'll clarify on it: ranged professions have just as much sync issues as melee profs, they just don't get effected by it as much.
    Yes you have less issues becouse your not affected as much on a ranged class

However the words are twisted, in the end melee suffers more from the sync issue then ranged classes.
    "Bash and smash is the name of me game, and bash and smash is, er, kinda like me name."

Those who should have them are melee, but it was made otherwise, not a single melee prof has roots.
    Like crats are "ranged"... We deal most damage with melee pets, when they are not kited by (mostly) melee profs. Therefore we NEED roots. Do not start with "blah blah you have pistols / bow / whatever", because all "melee" professions could use the same ranged weapons (by raising the same blue lines - excepted pistol) if they wanted, and they would do crappy damage like we do with our uber ranged weapons. This is the magic of AO, you are not forced to use a template.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin-God View Post
    roots for melee.
    Aye.

Every prof has roots in the form of grafts.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by agentgimpy View Post
    Every prof has roots in the form of grafts.
    yay for a 10s root that I can use every 5mins, root graphs help but they aren’t as uber as every one claims them to be, reduce the lock time to 20s and hell I'd even be ok with adding a -nano per use on it (1 per ql of graft?) if the lock time was reduced to the point where they where spammable, as they are now FC should change them to stun graft's with stuns lasting as long as crat stun proc's :3

New single roots sure, but not unbreakable and unresistable.. They could have lowered resist check and so on, not removable on self is ok (SB can remove ofc).