Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: General Vivyan most powerful mob on RK ???

Cool General Vivyan most powerful mob on RK ???

Is General Vivyan in Perpetual wasteland coord 2086 / 1743 the best boss of the game (T is a child when i see vivyan) ???
    I think she will drop the dust brigade armors cause she have the look and 2 bodygard masqued commando.

Good luck in killing her

Lachaude doc 148 rk2
    and many more

General Vivyan

Hello!

Just witnessed the fight in the Territories. Various high levels around 20 members out themselve a new arse-hol torn.

Loved it at the end I was killed from 5000 cold damage.

hugs

took 2 teams +xtras 30+ minutes to kill one of the elite masked commanders (no loot) and then I had to go to work....

I think the toughest camps are supposed to be the EFP ace camps that now have Primus/Secundus/Tertius mobs at them...so I've heard anyway
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

We killed primus mob with a team of 5 around 160 and a charmed tertius, they are easyer than masqued commando

Lachaude doc 148 rk2
    and many more

Hmm yes, todays experience with General Vivyan was a funny one. Basically my guild team went down there and saw the masked commando, so we started to take it down. After about 15 minutes maybe it died and we were happy until we realized there was no loot. A clanner adjacent pointed out that this was just to get the *real* boss out. Next thing I know I read General Vivyan hit me for 5k of blah dmg, Then her lackey finished me off. And apparently after i was down, nice miss vivyan proceeded to dispense 10k crits to all in the area. No idea how anyone will kill her.

A VERY good doctor, A VERY good Enforcer, and a group of Adventurers running Dragon Form and Kin of Tarasque, x 5 or more sounds like a start if she's critting for 10K. At least the Advy with KoT can withstand one 10K crit before being whacked. Probably a fixer to do a ransack, some big nukes (Last Word, anyone?) and some Agents to Snipe at her from a distance beyond her range will help too.

Who am I kidding? I have no idea. Something like that seems pretty hard, and will require big team efforts to defeat. Unless, of course, she is not meant to be defeated now, which is always a possibility.

Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife at:
    http://beastiary.somnaterrae.org

After all that effort you will prolly get a nano-cluster or something
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

To defeat a boss that kills you in one hit you get a whole lot of people and have them all use their specials at the same time to start the battle then hope the boss is dead already or runs out of hps before the last of you dies. Sounds like something fun for those mega guilds to try someday. It'd take awhile to kill 40 people even if you can kill one with each blow.

I think the best team for this mob is a team of 30 engin / mp
    And maybe it will not be enough...

I see the dev :

- Hey i have a very good idea a mob who drop some of the best armor the dust brigade armor.
    - Yes good idea but he need to be hard to kill.
    - Yes let's code it then we try.

some time after

- I log my char lvl 300 with GM VET armor and GM VET gun
    - Ok i tell the other dev and log my main too.

10 min after

- Nice finally she wasn't so hard, and the 2 masqued are too easy, don't put loot on them, players will have to kill the general.
    - Yes if we did it with 6 they can gather 2-3 team to do it.

Lachaude doc 148 rk2
    and many more

As a RK1 vet and a Rk2 semi-noob (152 fix), I have seen the commandoes before, they were part of an event on rk1. They most likely do not drop anything, or even give xp. We were told to go meet these neutral dust brigade fellas and they beat the crap outta us just like what happened today in perp waste. My best guess is that they are NOT meant to be killed (just yet anyway). Other mobs in the game crit for 10k as well, Elmer in mort for example will crit for 10k. Anyway just my 2 creds.

Oh and the Dust brigade commandoes on rk1 were controlled by GM's at the time, so putting them in an outpost in perp wastes would seem like a decent idea no?

Tpecx

Thats sounds fun i would love to get all the players working together to help kill her, but if your a tarasque person, then you will know how the lag is

heh to beet the commandos a team of 12 slayer droids with engis that can cast makers touch. with a team of 34 (3 heal pets per) metaphys. and room to run when it fails....
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

i think KoT might be the way to go

lets say adv has 5k hp to start

5k + 996 essence + +920 sup omni med + 1300 6min doc buff + 7000 KoT =15,216hp

add a couple docs chain casting complete heal and we got an invinsible adv for 1m20s but has anyone actually used this nano maybe its broken and it lasts forever woot never know with fc

but really only way anyone will beat these guys are with tons of docs chain casting complete heals who here besides enfs can take 2 4k hits without healing not i maybe a team of 3 docs and 3 soldiers

soldier 1 mk: docs focus on him ono only few sec left on it
    soldier 2 mk: docs focus on this one now hes drawn aggro about out
    soldier 3 mk: blah blah about out back to soldier 1

thats well over the 2min nano shutdown time constant mk spammage and soldiers are only taking 700ish dmg a hit (with mk up) in theory would work i think

docs on full aggro not attacking can keep from taking aggro and can still insta cast complete heal with 1300ish nano init so long as soldier could take aggro i think it would go well each soldier just has to know dont use specials unless theyre tryin to take aggro after mk dies on the other soldiers

and if this doesnt make sense screw it im fallin asleep at the keyboard time for sleepypoo
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Why is it that nobody remembered our soldiers and their MK shields ?

IMO, with good docs supporting such soldiers, they stand a better chance than any adv with KoT.

Take turns to tank, and run when MK going down, etc.

Bring along a few bureaucrats to charm the boss' underlings, and let them attack the boss first.

Then send in the force of demons/slayerdroids/attack pets.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

wee sounds like tactics coming up here.

*chuckle I played EQ highend not because of the loot, but because I LOVE making out the BEST tactics, finding out HOW to drop that almost unkillable mob.
    Well now all I need is the lvl to see mobs / camps like that to have THAT again.

Few suggestions ( not sure if doable as I havent been there to see whats going on )

Complete Heal Chains with support from other Heal Professions. Several docs, focused on ONE tank ( of course ready to switch to the next tank in line if things hit the fan ) Every doc has a place in the chain, make a macro: Doc 1 healing " Maintankname " NOW - next is Doc2 * insert doc2 namehere* pause of 2 secs ( less or more if need be ), /tell doc2 start healing NOW.

Use torpedos *smirk.
    Have someone with nullity whatever tank at first in order for the Enforcer ( who is maintank ) to build up flawless agro.
    Nobody heals the torpedo and as he/she goes down the enforcer smacks mongo to have 100 % agro.
    Enforcer calls for assist then, and everyone can go ahead smacking down the mob

Some Highened encounters in EQ with non slowable mobs were the win, when the tank had the highest possible damage shield. ( best I have ever seen was 295 - mob in a ~54 minute fight took 900k+ damage just from damage shields )
    So damage and reflect shield UP as much as you can.

Dunno what else, too many things come to mind, the problem is that I have yet to see one of these mobs and make a picture of how it COULD be done. Plus EQ and AO tactics sure differ. EQ complete heal ~ 5000hp 10 sec cast time instant recast, AO 10001hp 5.5 cast, recharge 8 secs .. big difference here already.

I am used to multigroup fights, so nothing new to me. Just fun to see how it can be worked out here.
    Last edited by Ocura; Sep 19th, 2002 at 10:54:12.
    Hope Ocura Heals
    Healmonkey for Dark Front - Rimor
    Give us /target <name> please !!!

[Frankt]: I'll be any animal you want me to be.. just let me hump your leg !

heh.. goes like this. Nulity sphere up nuking... general was hit for 8000 points of damage... Got him.... enforcer starts hitting with me the MA.. General turns around Wack Enfrocer drops one hit... no chance for heal at all ... see at bottom of the screen.... dukkx was hit for 10000 crit hit. General turns on metaphisical deamon.. wack wack wack.. deamon dies. mp starts recasting and is killed by general... still no chance for the doc to heal (One hit deaths). Team 2 and 3 have lost 1 or 2 by now their selfs. doctor starts the faces. unable to do anything cause of (One hit deaths).

Soldier in team 2 getts aggro MKX sheild up humming along quite fine. then general shifts aggro kills doc 2 in on hit. Soldier gets aggro again just as sheild goes down. Dead. and on and on untill 4 teams of 150+ die. No tactics In the world can save you from 1 hit deaths.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

what are the possibilities to minimize their crit abilities and damage output ? Init debuffs, drains, ransacks ? anything ?
    Hope Ocura Heals

heh im a ma level 152 with green triple implanted evades. including the run buff (+120 evades) i top out near 1k evades. Real means dont hit me most of the time. This general crits about every 3rd hit no mater what. (crit buff item most likely).
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

ya I figured you and everyone else up to tank him had good evades =) BUT how can you minmize the mobs damage out put ?
    There has to be a way to slow them down, cripple their hits. UBT ?
    Hope Ocura Heals

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast