Thread: Questions about 200 soldier twink

Questions about 200 soldier twink

What kind of AR & HP would it be possible to get on a maxed out 200 atrox soldier? Guessing Assault rifle would be the way to go AR-wise, but is SMG+pistol viable in pvp as well? The stun would be nice.

Has anyone here pvped on a 200 soldier? How well do they generally fare in pvp? Is it possible to do NR2 without severely nerfing AR/dmg?
    Musha Emaan Boom - 220/20 Adventurer
    West Empaya Athens - 220/26 Fixer
    Anti Rainking Anti 207/21 Keeper
    Forever Sneakez Whatever - Agent
    Uptown Pooncat Girl - 150 MP!

All members of Equilibrium

Nano skill wont be an issue once you finish research/ai levels and have best quality symbiants.

You can unperk nano combat almost completely and still self all the best nanos, without a nano hud item equipped. (Or swapping for pensive, or OB's)

I have 18k hp. When I finish things, I will have 19k hp.

I maintain 2.2k AR. But I am not in an AR setup, so I could easily get 2.4 - 2.5k with swapping of items and gear.

In regards to PvP, soldier does very well. With some knowledge of PvP you can kill just about everything, especially healers. Advies and Doctors and Agents are easy as cake if you are tanky enough to survive long enough to cast One Foot in the Grave. Which gives you 50 seconds to crush them.

Alien Special Edition Carbine gives you 15 second FA very easily, and is really the only viable PvP weapon with Nova Swap (Unless you go for a very high damage/level Shark or Type 13.)

You will have plenty of IP, too much even. I have all nano skills maxxed, Ranged Energy high enough to equip a ql 200 Nova, AS maxxed, Fling raised substantially high, and Heavy Weapons high enough to equip ql 300 Anti Mech weapon. All other basic/mandatory stuff is maxxed as well. Init's, Evades, First Aid, Body Dev/Nano Pool ect.

NR 2, would prolly be doable with swapping. But I wouldnt recommend it at all. Free movement, MoTR and Capsules would be all thats necessary vs 99% of people.

Id rather put up with a root or snare then gimp my perks and utility setup.

I like my soldier very much, and would dare to say he is tankier then all enforcers his level, and capable of dumping more damage as well.

Can't wait to truly finish him.

My sold is named Hurkulease, but was formerly "Toba" and is AI 28 right now. All but level 10 researches done.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

the spec carbine beats out KMP type 5 + JPGPP ?
    Also, what's this "nova" you speak of?
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    Also, what's this "nova" you speak of?
    Premium Supernova Mk VI
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Special Edition Carbine is the fastest Assault Rifle, I did not mean it is better then KMP/JPGPP, I really have no idea about that. Never tried that setup.

Special Edition Carbine can be easily swapped for Nova (or other guns) and has one of the fastest FA"s available.

So, even in a HP/Tank setup, your FA time will be 15 seconds. Which in PvP, is great. Or vs Low Hp mobs like Aliens, or Running RK missions or such.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

sorry to revive an old thread, but im sure you dont have 18-19k self buffed on a 200 atrox soldier hp wise
    considering im at 15.5k with maxed gear, 100% ofabs 2.5k hp is a lot from gear, and even a full suit of kegerns/jathos dosent give you that much ( and who would use it over ofab anyways )
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    In regards to PvP, soldier does very well. With some knowledge of PvP you can kill just about everything, especially healers. Advies and Doctors and Agents are easy as cake if you are tanky enough to survive long enough to cast One Foot in the Grave. Which gives you 50 seconds to crush them.
    Maybe it was to some extent truth before 18.7 but now Soldiers are not very strong at level 200. One foot in a grave is not so easy to land on a good Doc or adv and even if it lands it does not crush good Doc or adv

Last time I met good soldier twink on level 200 was before Rotweilmen decided to level his sold to 220 and that was shortly after he lost some duels with my Doc. Sold is only good as long as his TMS/AMS is up and many professions can deal with that.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

I have 15700 on trox, could get around 1,5k more with Hud and sleeves CC, losing roughly 100 AR nad 72FA.

And now, after 18.6 I can't hurt most classes
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    I have 15700 on trox, could get around 1,5k more with Hud and sleeves CC, losing roughly 100 AR nad 72FA.

And now, after 18.6 I can't hurt most classes

17k is doable. Lower level twink soldier have many issues. Mainly not having a reliable static defense. Just like any soldier that has spoke on it before, we are only as good as our TMS lasts. We need more. I realize this but I can only do as much as try to talk certain people into taking suggestions and I haven't had any success as of late.

We need a defense that is more reliable and more reliable damage to be able to kill twinks at similar level ranges.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

My experience (before rebalance) is that 200 SMG soldier kills gimps faster due to higher damage. Also did good against other soldiers if AMS at the same time due to higher damage again. It's hopeless againts enfos though and have hard time killing even gimp enfos. Any decent twink stomps SMG soldier at 200. Like keepers can just sit down, wave and LOL and stomp you after TMS. Would have to try craphander AS and 300 CC to have any chance. But it was fun high alpha against gimps with gsf and hot, my record was something like 50 solokills per round when BS was extremely full.

Is it hard to do 300CC on a 200 trox soldier? Should have all the nodrop twink items ready but no 250 imps.
    Last edited by Spirulina; Nov 30th, 2015 at 20:06:09.

Why don't soldiers do a defensive reflect setup?

2% in hud 3
    7% in bracers
    5% on back
    30% base

that's 44% base... Even if you take a 80ish AR hit, you're looking at (say 15k HP to start), 15/(1-0.44) = 27k effective HP.

That's pre TMS of course, so ideally you fight with the intention of only making use of TMS if absolutely necessary, and during TMS you should be pretty untouchable with 14+77% = 91% reflects

With 10% heal reactivity you got better healing etc.

Anyway, I'd try that if I had a sold. I like the perma-tanky feel. It's a pretty gutting feeling fighting a soldier who appears to be struggling and then you're getting close to getting him down and all of a sudden it's like, HAHA assho1e, eat my reflects.

Of course, it might lead to a lot of unfinished fights. But anyway, I'd say it's worth exploring. Scheol quest item isn't exactly epic, but it's notable. At 89% reflects with 77%+7%+5%, that extra 2% is reducing damage taken by

2/11 = 18% which is pretty significant.

Why bother? You will lose in that setup 100Add dmg and 85 AR. Mind, that soldier will get hit each shot/hit, each perk ect. AS/FA will still be capped, and your dmg output will drop a lot too. Even advies now can alpha me out of AMS I pretty fast. My HD atm is 178 (with ql 250 HD imps). I don't think even sitting will be enough to kill something, but it will just postpone my death.

Considering I will meet 1vs1 good twinks:

Enforcer - he will outheal dmg, efen 11 sec capped FA, because regular dmg will be around 500 on him with graft (when I use Carbine).
    Agent - WIll stun me and AS till death. Or, if needed, I will get rooted when sitting or kited till perks are up.
    NT - won't bother kite, because lower AR and DMG will make him able even easy tank my dmg.
    Doc - hahahahaha. Long fight, he will win eventualy.
    Crat - Nukes overpass reflects. End of story.
    Fixer - huge dmg output. I am dead meat.
    Trader - Here I could have stay alive... maybe
    MA - he will just crit 2k all time and watch me try hit him.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Why bother? You will lose in that setup 100Add dmg and 85 AR. Mind, that soldier will get hit each shot/hit, each perk ect. AS/FA will still be capped, and your dmg output will drop a lot too. Even advies now can alpha me out of AMS I pretty fast. My HD atm is 178 (with ql 250 HD imps). I don't think even sitting will be enough to kill something, but it will just postpone my death.

Considering I will meet 1vs1 good twinks:

Enforcer - he will outheal dmg, efen 11 sec capped FA, because regular dmg will be around 500 on him with graft (when I use Carbine).
    Agent - WIll stun me and AS till death. Or, if needed, I will get rooted when sitting or kited till perks are up.
    NT - won't bother kite, because lower AR and DMG will make him able even easy tank my dmg.
    Doc - hahahahaha. Long fight, he will win eventualy.
    Crat - Nukes overpass reflects. End of story.
    Fixer - huge dmg output. I am dead meat.
    Trader - Here I could have stay alive... maybe
    MA - he will just crit 2k all time and watch me try hit him.
    So on every one of these except enforcer, damage taken is the problem.

Maybe you should try it.

On enforcer, with 44% base you'd likely give him a conniption trying to kill you.

Been playing 200/30/70 AR soldier recently and we are pretty much at disadvantage against every other profession as long they are twinked. Even MPs kill us now easy (low ones even). You are either nano shutdowned, have your nanoskills lowered by 150 and go splat instantly to mp high dd or stunned and mp can go behind the wall to heal. If you don't have range increaser they can just back of and crush you with high range nukes/AS and pets. Engi/agent will instawipe you. Is there even slight chance to solo Control Leech with soldier nowadays? Many profs like adv/keeper can do it easy even on subpar equip and symbs.

Sad day for soldiers. We truly need some serious boosts to stay competitive against other twinks.
    Last edited by Spirulina; Dec 12th, 2015 at 16:18:41.

lol. such qq.

Did you even try what I just said?

Well, I did. It was not good due low HD we have, and damage dealt upon soldier is freaking huge even under AMSI (If few classes can just hit us and stay alive, when I am on AMSI, it is saying something). You wont get 44% reflect, but 37%. 44% is for certain damage types, and Enf/Adv/MA can easy swap those. Also soldier can swap weapons to overpass damage or rip your shiled. Engi can rip reflect too, and trader. So, as you noticed by now, you got reflect usable agains... let me check: Agent? And why it would be usefull vs agent, if he has 30k dmg alpha, halfed by your refelct to 15k, means, you are dead anyway.
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

30k damage alpha he got it off before you were able to notice him hitting you and you failed to use your 30% heal, use AMS, use sit kit, or use stim? what's a 30k alpha take to get off, 3 seconds?

You playing with eyes closed or?

44% reflect vs a 30k alpha is EXACTLY the method to beat him.

If you intend to run without AMS up, then you want as high reflect as possible before your AMS fires. best case he eat some HP down to 50% or so, pop your AMS and if you die while AMS up, then the agent you're playing against has a buddy who is trader/engineer. In that case you're fighting 1 v 2 or 1v 3 and it's your own fault.

Where to get reflect bracers nowadays? Tried camping Mantis Queen but no drops after two days of camping (did log in/out to check the body so maybe someone took them dunno but usually those go rot).

Reflect setup might work for duels where you know the exact damage type your opponent is doing, less so for random BS fights.

some reflect bracers have multiple types on the, the physics one is especially useful as it defends against rad/poison/chem which means you're protected against agents and anyone using silverback quite nicely.

Bracers are probably best found by blitzing missions, find them fairly often in boxes

iirc mantis queen was a good source for bracers back in the days