Thread: Unexpected turn of events.

Angry Unexpected turn of events.

Okai, I was a clanner before, now im a neutral. Why?

We have no place left. Athens.. The former Omni-2. It reminds me more about omnis than clan, I liked the little huts in tir. And the place left us clanners alone, somewhere to hang out.

Now we are divided.

We don't know where to go.

And there is something I do not understand.

If the council no longer exists/supports guards in tir. Then why cannot tir be 25%? I know clanners would defend their city. I know I would. And pity the poor omni soul who would try to enter..

Now.. Everyone can..

The first thing I did, was to hide in west athens. A sort of a last resort of the clanners. Tir is dead for me now. Im not gonna return.

I am a clanner, not a neutral. And I will fight for freedom.

And beeing a neutral, does not mean, you are now ICC. Neutral means; I do not take a part of this war. But as a former clanner, or whatever they are gonna call it now, I will take a part. I don't like the omni-tek's ways of approach. Im gonna fight their rotten system.

I will stay vigilante. (And dogda? Does he know about the fall of CoT?)

(My personal opinion here; This sucked. You don't listen to the people who play this game. A tip; YOU GUYS SHOULD!)
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Well, there goes the neighbhorhood.

The Council of Ares fell apart, and the Council of Truth did right after them. I can't say I'm really surprised at this turn of events. Disappointed, but not really shocked as some Clanners seem to be. It's been hinted there were troubles for some time, and not over the Omni grid-feed. Believe it or not, I pay attention to what both sides are saying, and if you find this to be a surprise, then you're probably a bit behind.

I don't recall being neutral meant being associated with the ICC. However, if they're nice enough to provide the Tir with a large, competent contingent of soldiers to guard the place while some new system is worked out, that might keep the lid from blowing on this thing for a bit longer, though it's pretty much inevitable now. Despite what those who have lobbied for peace have said, we are headed for war, and wars don't have any winners except for abstract ideals like "prosperity" and "honor."

((And as for your comments about the dissolution of the Council, it's probably necessary to get this "War for Rubi-Ka" rolling. Minor prodding hasn't helped much, so we as the players are now being herded into the conflict directly. We, as players, agreed to play in a world where the story can progress and not be locked a la EverQuest. Whether we have an effect or not, this means we agreed to give up a degree of control for the sake of that story. You don't like it, try one of the new SFMMOGs coming out lately where they don't say they'll have a dynamic storyline.))

Originally posted by Lily Inverse
    However, if they're nice enough to provide the Tir with a large, competent contingent of soldiers to guard the place while some new system is worked out, that might keep the lid from blowing on this thing for a bit longer...
    Well, unfortunately, plenty more misinformed clanners (which are most of them these days) are spending all their time slaughtering the ICC guards sent to protect Tir. This is the reason the clans are in the position they're in to being with. Because the players affected the story. Remember the Council of Ares? Remember all the clanners who said "The CoT is a bunch of crap!"? Well, thanks guys, this is where you got us. What now?

I realize there were plenty of pro-CoT people and people in favor of peace, but the bottom line was that WE WERE NOT VOCAL ENOUGH and so the war-mongers got their way.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

I realize there were plenty of pro-CoT people and people in favor of peace, but the bottom line was that WE WERE NOT VOCAL ENOUGH and so the war-mongers got their way.
    ((Erm....no offense, but we were paying to participate in a war here. In character, I've been the type to argue for peace because it's logical, but I knew that FC would probably push people into this eventually. It's part of the high concept of the game, after all. The whole "Council of Ares" plotline seemed to be one effort, but when that started falling apart, probably due to a lack of logic or possibly lack of cohesion in the playerbase, they had to take a more forceful hand. This is the result, the Councils are gone, Phillip Ross may not be too far behind, the ICC controls Tir, Jobe is off doing its own thing, and the Shadowlands are coming ever closer to opening their nightmarish gates and probably unleashing ten kinds of you-know-what on a divided planet. Which is a shame, but we had kinda run out of opportunities for "tense peace" subplots. Let the true story commence, I suppose))

Those damn ICC peacekeepers are in Tir now, where Omni-AF should be, taking back what was once Omni's land. The clans destroyed themselves because they are foolish, disorganized, and are in a constant state of civil war. What's left of them needs to be wiped out or to just leave anything to do with the clans behind, such as becoming neutral or joining Omni-Tek. Make it easy on yourselves. The peace keepers will be gotten rid of and then it's on to the pathetic war-mongers who made the clans what they are today: Nothing. Which makes me wonder, if we are ever to take back Tir, we shouldn't get any opposition. With nothing to fight for, the war-mongers would be wasting their time (and their lives) by defending Tir.
    Come see my friend's boards @ http://nervhq.ath.cx/humbajoe/forum

There is more than one way to start a war. The way we started it was "shoot everyone and you'll be free!" That is not the way I would have picked. At the moment, there are clanners all over the north shooting every ICC member they can find. In my vision of things, starting and winning this war involves demonstrating to the ICC that Omni-Tek is a Very Bad Thing. This would allow the ICC to occupy Omni Prime off-world while we deal with OT-RK. Instead, the angle we're now playing is "we're clan, we can beat anything." And so we're losing.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth