Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Duels compilation

haven't read the whole guide yet, but looks good divine.

I've added this thread to the rooted guides thread.
    MA-Glassgoat 220/30/70 - pvm-ish//pvp-ish
    Doc- Dimedoc - 220/30/60ish
    Agent-Ipressoudie 170/19/42 - equipment
    Fixer-Blehmeh 207/30/64ish
    MP-Dougmp 118/13/?? - Work in Progress
    Enf - Cashewsftw 76/8/?? - Work in Progess
    MA - Gravyma 60/6/14 - equipment
    Agent-Portly 30/3 - equipment
    General of Ring of Destruction

Unity's MA Skill Calculator

Trader... alphafood? *whistles*
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Its nice that the time was taken to write a 'guide'.. and the content is pretty good, except you have missed one major thing. I almost get the impression the people you have been dueling are incredibly inexperienced, cause you really haven't taken into account your opponents kiting. Or perhaps you just forgot about it.

I mean, to say that a fixer "might try to kite you" is crazy. Nor is kiting taken into account at all in your Vs doctor or soldier (when his AMS is down), which is the obvious and crucial tactic they will use against you. Not to mind agents.. and in the end, every ranged prof who has a clue, will kite you.

So, if you want a simi-reliable way to kill ranged professions, you'll NEED a plan to deal with their kiting. I suggest you include that in your guide (when to root/snare them, other tactics like UAWOS to slow them down and help get your stuns off, in conjuction with using speed stims if need be... and similarly ways to avoid BEING rooted yourself.. like timing your own MOR..), or else it'll only be a MA Vs noob pvp guide.

I hope you can take this criticism as constructive, I do mean it as such. Being melee range is your biggest weakness in PvP - your opponents longer range their biggest advantage. You must know how your opponent can (and most likely will!) use that against you, and ways to deal with it.
    Last edited by dododo2; Mar 26th, 2008 at 14:38:15.
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

I guess the best way to deal with kites is to have experince from earlier duels, so that you can anticipate when the opponent might start kiting. That way, you'll have an easier way of timing your stun/blind/graft/as.

On a sidenote - sorry for being so inactive - had a crapload of work to do IRL.
    I will post a major update for the 'guide' in a little while (yes, including the MPs!).
    ManiaC DivinE DeluxE
    Divine001 - 220/30/70 - Master

Very nice Divine.
    Aussieborn 220/22 MA (Retired-ish)
    Healinjoo 2xx/1x Equip
    Merve 151/18 Mp PERK RESET
    And some other gimps!
    Consider this my Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by obliteratr
    thw word is spelt like deliverieing actually.

Can someone slap me IRL so that i get the dedication to actually finish this? :P

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm still duelling alot, and have some new ideas and tricks that i'll post up when i ... get around to it :P

Oh, and i still gotta write about them ass MPs <.<
    ManiaC DivinE DeluxE

I still need some help on duel with Shield MPs

They have alot of defense, event with a AR setup, its hard to hit them ( i speak about good ones), and impossible to perk them (perks don't land with 3,35K AR)
    plus, our AR buffs go for fews seconds and its dont really help alots ... (MM and Ma attack)

and theirs pet hit hard + nukes + init debuffs always lands ...

Any tactic ?
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317
    In progress pew pew advy soli
    Wish list : new Shen +DD "MA only", Proc stun, 10 Attack blockers and go hell heals !

Quote Originally Posted by Number317 View Post
    I still need some help on duel with Shield MPs

They have alot of defense, event with a AR setup, its hard to hit them ( i speak about good ones), and impossible to perk them (perks don't land with 3,35K AR)
    plus, our AR buffs go for fews seconds and its dont really help alots ... (MM and Ma attack)

and theirs pet hit hard + nukes + init debuffs always lands ...

Any tactic ?
    I am not an MA,but what would look sensible to me is:

If they don't SS,you can perk them easy,if they do SS,well start kiting the pet,root graft the frog(since he is in a 30 second recharge) and don't touch it(root lasts 50 seconds),kill the heal pet(it doesn't have THAT much HP),use mezz pet as a drain target(the +400 aao attack,don't know the name),wait out on SS and soon as it drops(you see him cast nanos,he will most likely try to use pet attention to unroot his frog,or will try to recast the heal pet,in any case it should be over by this point since he should be perkable

And there are no good shield MPs.

PS divine sucks...
    (really good)
    PPS as for Dodo,it is accepted that melee professions do not kite in duels,from ranged profs that will kite:
    Agents(understandable in this case)
    Fixers(understandable as well)
    NTs(i guess they will,so understandable)
    Soldiers don't generally kite and the ones that do,are noobs.
    Last edited by Palahere; Apr 26th, 2008 at 07:41:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Currently testing an evade setup in BS, which includes - Research Attunement Defensive 3, SoS, Notucomm, SS Glasses.

From the few BS rounds that i did so far, it seems to work ... better than i would imagine.

Will keep updating.
    ManiaC DivinE DeluxE

I'd rather go full AR setup as I usually use in BS ...

I mean try my MA in the BS, it's all about being zerged by Omnis, you've gotta gank fast and do it clearly, Imho you'll still have enaugh evades to make most of your opponents' hits miss in a good AR setup but u can also Perk Advs etc, useful.

Tried both evades and AR setup, even a mostly balanced one and I still prefer to be w/ the AR stuff, as I don't have 275 either 250 Towers or QL 200 even, that's a bit risked when I meet good Solds, but well u can outswap there too.

But it's good if it works fine for ya man heh, enjoy.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    Currently testing an evade setup in BS, which includes - Research Attunement Defensive 3, SoS, Notucomm, SS Glasses.

From the few BS rounds that i did so far, it seems to work ... better than i would imagine.

Will keep updating.
    Can you get enough AS without the scope to make this worthwhile?

AR setup ( CC boots/helmet , OFAB back , LE HUD Offensive , rings ) are always better than a evades setup coz u can perk/hit poeple and this is the way to win, u can reach 2,9K AR with good stuff

MA can buff he s AR , but for few second (MM ...) and need to use an MA attack for more AR ( u need to land it first ) for an extra 300 AAO ( and deadly -500 AAD)

Evade setup will lead u to a death after a looong figh , and u can't kill ure enemy (specially like keeper/enfo), evades setup work well only against low evades profs ( solja, some agent ..)

WTB : High AR (3,1K+) without any perks/MA attack
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317
    Wish list : new Shen +DD "MA only", Proc stun, 10 Attack blockers and go hell heals !

Oh then, u can't kill an Enfo w/ evades setup ?
    Nerf.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Palahere View Post
    I am not an MA,but what would look sensible to me is:

If they don't SS,you can perk them easy
    Only the gimp ones.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

MP + Shield = God mode , better than solja ...
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317

MP + Shield = God mode , better than solja ...
    You're ALL WRONG. people thinking about Shield MP = god mode are just not intelligent enough for watching with what the MP attacks...

All I can say about fighting a shield MP is that crits hurts on attack pets.
    If no pets, we can't attack anymore, and while we're recasting our crap: just wtfcrit.
    Don't even try to use induce stupor on us, even with -750 nanoskills most of MPs can control their pets and anyways it waste times and nano for an useless result, better hide it

Bow MP is more a problem if he kites you, because of the "decent" AR pet and the 11 sec AS recharge of the tigress
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

That's a very instructive guide, great work!
    For me as a newcomer to expansions, I have a few questions, if you don't mind my nubiness

What I was wondering about is, in order to swap so many weapons, you will have to divert your IP alot, with all your gear and perks, you will still have to max out piercing to get the 1633 req, and you probably IPed a little fast attack too (a 220 should be having around 300ish FA base, and with the 480 from your equip, it's barely 100 IP, but well ), same with around 100 IP in bow, and but around 400-500 IP in aimed shot at least to get to the 11 sec cap, and as for the tear of oedipus with its 1800 req and the only +414 sharp objects, it might be quite tight?
    By spreading out your IP that much for your hotswap alpha, are there any places where you have to cut back? Maybe in the evades section? Or on HP/nano pool?

Another super nub question:
    Do you rather dimach using the SoFC or with your bare fists? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Accomplice View Post
    That's a very instructive guide, great work!
    For me as a newcomer to expansions, I have a few questions, if you don't mind my nubiness

What I was wondering about is, in order to swap so many weapons, you will have to divert your IP alot, with all your gear and perks, you will still have to max out piercing to get the 1633 req, and you probably IPed a little fast attack too (a 220 should be having around 300ish FA base, and with the 480 from your equip, it's barely 100 IP, but well ), same with around 100 IP in bow, and but around 400-500 IP in aimed shot at least to get to the 11 sec cap, and as for the tear of oedipus with its 1800 req and the only +414 sharp objects, it might be quite tight?
    By spreading out your IP that much for your hotswap alpha, are there any places where you have to cut back? Maybe in the evades section? Or on HP/nano pool?

Another super nub question:
    Do you rather dimach using the SoFC or with your bare fists? o.o
    I get alot of questions regarding how i distributed my IP, and yes, obviously - i have cut back quite alot in several places.
    My BodyDev is NEARLY empty, and my nanopool is completely untouched.
    My nanoskills are VERY trimmed (city goes down i can't do ****).
    Yes, IP is very tight.

Dimach, i love to do it using SoFC. Depending on who i'm alphaing - in a BS situation, i like to AS, Alb Arrow, Tear, SA,FA, Dimach. Takes down a crapload of HP on anyone but enf/sold/keep very fast, and scares the jeesus outta 'em aswell.
    ManiaC DivinE DeluxE

Well u just said it fly , u can't kill when ure pets are down ... but we can t kill you also, whit / or without pet
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317

AR setup ( CC boots/helmet , OFAB back , LE HUD Offensive , rings ) are always better than a evades setup coz u can perk/hit poeple and this is the way to win, u can reach 2,9K AR with good stuff
    You mean unbuffed? 2968 AR with only Comps and i'm wearing aad/Aao setup, not pure aao
    Evade setup will lead u to a death after a looong figh , and u can't kill ure enemy (specially like keeper/enfo), evades setup work well only against low evades profs ( solja, some agent ..)
    THat's why you adapt your setup to your enemy.

WTB : High AR (3,1K+) without any perks/MA attack
    Well, it's time to say... WTS! (The F9 is because of a silly head saying "[The Renaissance] Someonewhomezzesatpande: screenshot with a clock in teh background and a copy of todays newspaper or its a fake")

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Only the gimp ones.
    Or not. I can perk any shield MP that doesn't have SS running.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynicist View Post
    Don't even try to use induce stupor on us, even with -750 nanoskills most of MPs can control their pets and anyways it waste times and nano for an useless result, better hide it
    That, or the key to win, because the AAD going OE allows me to perk the best shield MP I saw so far.

Well u just said it fly , u can't kill when ure pets are down ... but we can t kill you also, whit / or without pet
    YOU can't. I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast