Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OOC - To all you budding writers....

Ohhh, I see what ya mean by nitpicky things, hehe...yeah, little trivial stuff like that doesn't matter.

Essentially what's going to have to happen, according to Zee, is that our characters will need to be in some sort of pose that is kind of a scene from the story that we submitted.

Nuli's story is essentially a voice-recorded letter, so chances are the drawing of him would have to be something like him leaning against a wall, talking into a voice receiver of some sort. And then of course there's the little details on top of that, that I'd have to add because of what he is.

I doubt there'd be a problem with people being TOO nitpicky
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

If we wanted to, we could also add an additional "scratch pad" at the back of the book, with (perhaps) development sketches, some screenshots (i'm ho-hum about this one), or whatever. All this helps give recognition to people for the effort they are putting in.

Oh and don't forget.... writers/artists should have a 1 page 3rd person bio to go with their story/illustration, although artists may prefer a self-bio on where they learnt their skillz

@Azshara - Yes, defining everything as abstract makes life so much easier to deal with.
    Last edited by Zeephonz; Apr 4th, 2008 at 20:15:01.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

I was thinking if I do get around to writing something, I want this picture in it.

I don't care if it's a story about Foos or some other character picking flowers. Haha

Haha, that's the picture of Foos sitting next to Silverstone sans a hole in his head

Gotta love it
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Hiya Tussa! I lurk on your DevArt site every now and then to see stuff you've done over the years, hope you dont mind. =)
    Not at all. I'm honoured that people like the renders I do, and I absolutely love making AO character portraits .

Quote Originally Posted by Tussa View Post
    Not at all. I'm honoured that people like the renders I do, and I absolutely love making AO character portraits .
    *cough* eeeeexcellent would you be interested in doing a pic of Bubba sometime? I mean, no pressure or anything, and it wont hurt me to say you can't.

If you'd like to work something out, you'd make my millenium. <3
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

What about existing stories? Say I had one that if I expanded on, I could make it much longer?

I must have missed it, but does that bio of the character count towards the ten pages?

WTB update on how this project is comin ... /me pokes Zee
    Azshara - 220/23/70 Meta-Physicist
    Gen of Quetzalcoatl

Other projects in progress:
    Azsyka, Azshyra, Azshes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123