Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new and improved Tarasque

The new and improved Tarasque

Well funcom has found a way to screw up dragon again..

Today after patch group of about 20 150+ go to kill him his hps move about 20% after 35 mins and then crash cuz of the rediculous lag that builds up there ..good job funcom

Guess now pple wont ***** about loot cuz none will ever kill it

When you can't figure out how to add content you can always make things last 7 times longer. Its not like it gets harder, it just makes people fall asleep during the kill. Poor docs getting cramps healing. Soldiers just hits Q and heads off to the grocer.
    ~Lone

The first tara just went down... first and last. NO one will stay for more of that. It was the most boring thing ever. I had to rebuff 3 times. Then I stopped rebuffing. More difficult? Perhaps... If ability to stay awake counts. 4 kill teams, 2.5 hours, team reformed 3 times because of people going LD. There is no fun involved. And without that, no one will show up; ever. If your goal was to see to it that camelot never saw any action at all, well mission complete. I, for one, won't be at another tara until they fix it. Yes, fix it. Its broken. The magnitude of this nerf is epid making, and would be best considered a bug.
    Probably Untitled "Tantrum"
    Proud Member of Whatever

But, I thought Camelot was about PvP and not the silly dragon? Bet the Clan vs. Omni was epic. I mean, the battle was raging for 4.5 hours. Must've had the PvP'ers peeing in their pants from the excitement of Tara battles lasting for more than a couple minutes.

After all, it's not about the loot. That's just a bonus. The dragon is just secondary to all the fun of holding the box room and pitting strategy against strategy.

Right?

I assume when you say:
    ...holding the box room...
    you mean sitting around while someone trains minions to pass the time. I heard someone say, "MoK is here." "Great," I thought to myself, "the guys in the box room won't be bored." The next thing I heard was, "MoK is gone." Epic battle indeed. I'll expect the made-for-tv movie announced within the hour.
    Proud Member of Whatever

Wrong... and what about when there is no pvp? like 70% of the time, everyone is forced to wait 6 years for the kill.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Oh, so it really was just about the T-Loot, then?

Well, if it's not about PvP why put the best loot on a monster that only took one kill team 20 minutes to spank?

Was it the PvP'ers or the loot whores who managed to stay in the game post 170 because of the dragon?

I still don't see why this is a bad thing. I mean if T was the cat's meow because of the joyous battles that went on there why isn't a longer battle better?

I mean you can log on at noon and still be jockeying for position at 4 in the afternoon and never have to LFG or do another of those missions that are so hated. Tons of fun for everyone.

Its not like the loot is THAT great that it justifies 4 teams spending 2½ hours on it to get a chance to get a dragon poker. LOL
    ~Lone

Yeah, but the PvP boards were simply full of reports of 'how fun was T this morning', 'GJ Omni, we had a blast!', 'most fun I had in months'.

That's what I don't get. The entire forum continually states how much fun they are having fighting each other down there. It's keeping them in the game.

I assumed that when Tarasque died, everybody left the castle and no more fun for 18 hours or so.

So now the fun can never end. After all, as Noer stated, it never was about the loot. Killing the dragon was secondary to the player interaction that occured there.

Make no mistake, when it is fought over its spectacular fun. But its rarely like that these days.
    Proud Member of Whatever

Well if he lasts more than 20 minutes maybe somebody will show up to challenge you before he's wiped out yet again.

Otherwise he was nothing more than a loot dispensing machine that broke friendships and helped more than one person hit the 'cancel' button or type '/org quit'.

Just a thought.

Wars was fun in Camelot 5 months ago before every and their mother went there. As time went on people started to bring their brothers, sisters, dogs, the dogs' lovers and friends and so on. Whining and lewd-whores got more common and the place lost its magic.
    But the solution to the many people there isn't to insane hp to the big bronto. If they want to make it harder, make it hit harder. If they want to spread people out or make the many people do something add content other places aswell. Giving it 7 times more hp is nothing but a joke and a pathetic try on adding more "content" to the game.
    ~Lone

pvp there CAN be fun but only when there is pvp dude..

the capacity for the dungeon means that after x amount of time 1 side has pretty much filled it and so they own that tara spawn and that doesn't take 2 hours to do and that is only if equal numbers get in there to start with often 1 side will fill up one PF then the other will overflow into the next and maybe get that one if they have enough people there, so you don't always get much pvp but when it does fall right it is amazing fun but with omni seldom coming now it ain't that great anymore and now add a 3 year wait for a loot drop is kinda dull....and the loot isn't that great..

and just because because someone starts a thread bio' doesn't mean you Have to reply and find fault with what is infact a very valid point and try to say something smart....yet again.....just a thought
    Last edited by Slaggermulps; Sep 18th, 2002 at 18:53:24.
    woohoo at last!!!! i've found my MK IV
    "Make all trader drains self only." -aaronb (asmoran)

In case it was missed by anybody else in this thread, I was being a sarcastic wise ass in every reply. I've just seen too many threads that Camelot was not about the loot. The loot ain't so great. The real fun is Omni vs. Clan. If there were dungeon key dispensers for Camelot it would destroy the game, Etc. Etc.

Well, I guess it really always was about the loot and the raffle.

Poor baby gotta wait 2 hours for his gum ball to drop out of the machine now.

I got no pity for FunCom nor for the players who go to Tarasque as loot whores. I get a perverse sense of satisfaction out of the image of people now having to actually whack at the loot dispenser for two hours before the gum ball drops and the bickering can begin.

I never had a problem with those who enjoy fighting in that location. It's just that I have a feeling if the loot was an 'I killed T today and all I got was this lousy T-shirt' shirt that the people who honestly believed that the PvP in Camelot was what it was all about would still be there no matter if Tarasque had a billion hitpoints.

Thus no pity from me and thus the apparently undetected sarcasm in my replies.

How about they drop the spawn to 15 minutes and remove every single last piece of loot off him? How about if gaining experience from a T kill added PvP points?

As it stands now, if you want your damn Gaily hood, then fill up a dungeon with your side sit and pull your pud for two hours while you whack at him

I said it in the other thread.. and I will say it here.

Go fight an EQ Dragon.

In EQ the dragon may die faster... you always have lots of dead bodies in the process.

If you can keep 5 gropus alive at Tarasque.. its obviously not Hard "enough".

Not that I care either way. I will never bother with all of that. Just a bunch of political PVP Loot babies. Weeee

Flame on
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

Originally posted by Noer
    Soldiers just hits Q and heads off to the grocer.
    lol; I knew I forgot something.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Well, of course, the loot's important. It gives you something to fight over.

PvP never interested me much. The idea of 2HO and MMD never appealed to me. Sitting around, hoping for a good matchup, no one willing to team because they won't get titles. Maybe something happens, maybe it doesn't.

But go down to the box room where there's no handy zone border and have a mass fight for a chance at great loot? Sure. Yes, of course, the loot's a big part of it. But since the chance of actually getting the loot was so low, the fighting turned out to be the best part of it. In the 4 times I was there, there were 2 decent fights only one of which did not have an obvious winner.

But still, for me it provided a new dimension to the game.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

ROFL i knew you couldn't resist replying

hmm i thought i made it pretty plane as i knew what you were trying to say maybe if i say it slower...
    ok dude imagine playing painball ..say capture the flag type thing yet there was no flag....

the point is tarasque provides framework for the battles when they occur tarasque is there..clan and omni go to fight each other to control the spawn by either keeping control of the pf or overwelming the defenders and winning it..when tarasque dies you go to next pf...and can try again, often it is dull and doesn't happen that way but to be honest i find it a good excuse to get away from xp'ing some times and go for a chat with a bunch of fun people

but when she takes what was it ..2hrs plus to kill as i said before by that time 1 side has most certainly gained full control of that pf so basically due to FC's inability to solve lag issues it makes it impossible to win it back that means those holding the box will just stand there for a couple of hours doing nothing....

also due to the amount of xp you need more teams so tarasque killing which imo was never any fun after the first time becomes a nightmare of ld's and inability to cast nanos..lag deaths etc etc etc

so nobody gets any enjoyment from going..if you want to just fight someone you go to the arena, if tarasque becomes only a sort of guild day out kinda thing that will suck as all the problems now associated with the numbers you need to kill it in a reasonable time..

my main is a fixer and all i wanted from tarasque is the padded coat and luckily i won the dragon flesh and swapped it with someone who didn't need the coat..so i seldom enter raffles.
    Usually only when some people who enter for everything every time and then sell off the items for a ton of cash win yet again, as it annoys me and i think that if i win i can at least make sure it goes to a good home for free, but after a day i've likely stopped again.
    However, i still go to to tarasque alot as the fights when they do occur are fun..i know a ton of people go only for loot but there is a core of us who do not and dismissing someone who is highlighting a big issue when as you say you don't go kinda pissed me off...sure they may be one of the looter types i don't know or care but what they said is valid

sure those who are about loot will be upset but those who want to fight are miffed too, so nobody is happy ....

FC maybe did a good thing in upping her hp but i think they took it too far due to the constraints of the game where lag is concerned, if lag was not an issue this could have been quite good as with say 4-5 teams attacking at tara a small er group of people would be left in the box to defend so htere would be better pvp action but lag makes such a thing impossible there

Yeah, some people may have used the pvp thing as an excuse but it's an issue that needs to be resolved and i felt your comments were misplaced this time in a thread that is about something i feel strongly about

maybe tactics will change and it will turn out ok but i fear that will not be the case
    woohoo at last!!!! i've found my MK IV
    "Make all trader drains self only." -aaronb (asmoran)

The dragon is the reason to be there. PvP conflict may be the reason you have fun there, and I'll cheer you on to that end. But there will be no pvp conflict whatsoever if no one is there for the dragon. Before 14.5 it was almost enjoyable to fight tara. At its worst it wasn't totally tedious. But this... no one wants to blow 2.5 hours away shooting at a lizard.

Think I'm wrong? I suppose you're entitled to that, but you're sadly misinformed. There are 2 taras sitting in camelot this very moment. And there they'll stay. I watched 40 people go their seperate ways this morning with a job 1/3 done. If someone had said, "Stay behind, if _______ drops its yours," I'd have told them to bugger off. And such was the sentiment of all who sat there for 2.5 hours and watched buffs tick away while 24 people shot at tara.
    Proud Member of Whatever

Originally posted by Noer
    Its not like the loot is THAT great that it justifies 4 teams spending 2½ hours on it to get a chance to get a dragon poker. LOL
    and i still dont have a coat =( *snif*
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast