Thread: Supreme Fragments of the Source

Supreme Fragments of the Source

I want some of the stuff from Pande but i have all of 21 points.
    It would take most of us months of grinding zods to earn enough for even a handful of those items.
    That would make sence if Pande was actually fun - but then you have to wonder; even if everyone had easier access to their rewards; if pande WAS fun it wouldn't matter that everyone had their shiz; people would go there for the fun.

Since we cannot instance pande; and nobody can decide how much VP/Creds Pande loot is worth; I suggest FC should make a Unique item called a "Supreme Source Fragment"

Ok; now make the beast drop 100 of them around his body when he dies; just like the Carbonrich Rocks on RK.

Now make a Yutto just outside the Pyramid in Broken Shores who trade you a unique fragment for a "Yutto Reward Token" a stackable nodrop item.

He will trade the yutto reward tokens for pande loot.

Zod Loot = 1 token.
    TNH Loot = 3 tokens.
    Beast Loot = 5 tokens.

That way the points system still works; but isn't the only depressingly slow way to gain loot and every person can get one item per trip.
    All it would take you to get a burden is five trips to see that big fat spider; instead of the X amount it would take you now.

Perhaps in time when people get more loot; Pande will actually become fun again; with fewer participants; less structure and more wiped-out raids.

Now we need to know how you will implement it in the storyline....

Quote Originally Posted by ragerayden View Post
    Hmm... maybe by the fact that The Beast is the Source (or at least sitting on it) and when you kill him he goes *splat!!* all over your clean shoes; so to pay for dry cleaning you take a fragment of his flesh and see if you can get some bounty for it...

Seriously, the explanation for Fragment of the Source is that it forms when someone lives close to the Source, living on (being it) would create more then enough reason to be some major fragments. As for the Yutto's wanting 'em who knows but they're with Ergo and the Guardian of Shadow faction who wanted you to go waste The Beast in the first place; considering it the.. burden of proof
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by ragerayden View Post
    lol.

I've always assumed the large glowing blue thing above the beast was the source.
    Lots of shiny blue swirly crystal magic going on up there.

The little Yutto could explain:

"The source is more fragile than ever... kill the guardian, bring us bits!!!!111oneone"

That'll do.

My idea is sorta one of those... "this is how it should always have been" ideas; so if FC implimented it i'd turn a blind eye to the fact that it hasn't been this way up until now.

The Beast is dead, according to the storyline. So, to make it jive, the player traveled to the now unguarded source, pillaged a Super Frag, then left. While OOC, the player would be doing the Beast Raid.

I'd approve of this, IC and OOC.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

This gets my stamp of approval. I'm not even at end game yet and I already dissaprove of the points and bots system, and besides that third party source, FC has no way of keeping order.

Yeah, its Anarchy Online, but you know what else is online anarchy? 4chan. Yeah, we don't want that now, do we?

Other than letting people *choose* what loot they want from the beast, this idea serves no merit other than "please increase droprate on beast"
    I am the baron.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
    Other than letting people *choose* what loot they want from the beast, this idea serves no merit other than "please increase droprate on beast"
    I fail to see the problem.
    Turnyourhead "Rockempire" Andcough - 220/29 Doctor Equipment - General of The Leviathan Movement
    Top "Etrier" Stepper - 220/26 Enforcer Equipment - President of Whale Tail

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
    It also takes the rewarding of pande loot out of the raidleader's direct control.

The advantage of this mechanism is that it still requires players to participate in pande a number of times; however dedicated Pande-goers will get their crap and get out quickly; leaving the place more sparese and more interesting for the rest of us.

Prices for regular loot will also drop in points meaning you'll have more chance of rolling for items too; but not by much because ofcourse - winning a roll will always be cheaper than source-frag tokens.

You could just as easily do this by making all pande mobs drop 10-100 times more loot. It would certainly be a lot easier to code.

With the exception of tnh symbs (lack thereof, it's the only real source of 250+ symbs...), pande works perfectly fine atm.

I dont immagine anything even remotely like this will ever be implemented...
    Threeze - 220/24/69 Neutral Fixer [Old New E], [Old Old E]
    Threezeley -220/17 Neutral Meta-Physicist
    Maytricks -218/18 Neutral Doctor
    Beautystrike -150/00 Neutral Nano-Technician
    Bloodred -150/05 Clan Agent
    Optimize -147/05 Omni Bureaucrat
    Maytri -120/02 Neutral Engineer
    Oneze -74/07 Neutral Fixer

yes, we just need every zods droping 250+ symbs
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.