Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Black Market - From Envisioned List

'nother idea after reading Gummizluv and Crin's post on mision terminals. Well mostly from Crin's.

He mentioned about mission terminal camping. Why not give fixers a hand help comp, where we could access these Terms from anywhere in the towns or outposts. (Not out in the wild as the antennas are in towns )

A simple slider to select team or solo missions then the sliders that is on them today. Maybe even more sliders.

Yeah more sliders, more options in what missions we want to do. After all we are suppose to be fixers. Let us be able to fix the mission terminals to only give us mission types we want to do. or reward type to pick from. (Using sliders )

Or a whole reset to the mission terminals. instead of having sliders that you move back and forth like that and you have to guess what type of mission you get by picking chaos, open, head on and so on. Some of these I know, but not all.

Do the mission terminals different. Something like this maybe.

Assasination/spying (self explanatory I think)
    Head on/sneaking <--- is in there now, I know
    big area/small area (now we never know until we get there)
    Cave/building same as above. never know
    Cash/xp <--- I know, I know. it exits already, but it sucks. The xp is way to low, and the cash is much needed
    Close/Far away (How far do you wish to go to get to the mission)

And maybe add some info to what level the mob will be when we move the diff slider.

Whoah, Whoah, we are delving into all new territory here!

I need to get a few things clear in my head.

The blackmarket should be fixer only.

Anyone (even traders) else should use the fixer as a middle man, and not go straight to the dealer.

If im correct, agents don't assume professions to get illegal gear, they assume professions to spy and sabotage. So if you wanna RP Alex, sure you can get access, but the NPCs won't talk to you, or sell you anything. I think they would recognise a person who isn't meant to be there. Just my opinion of course.

I like some of the ideas going around about what should be sold.

Now, missions, i like the idea, but i think our focus should be on the blackmarket, if we get the right message to funcom, then we can move onto missions. Constantly changing.
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

I am still talking about the BM. Missions would be one of the things a Fixer could get in the BM. They would of course be better probability wise, than the missions that could be obtained through the normal means. Then a Fixer could SELL the missions to the highest bidder or maybe get an automatic cut of the reward.

As I mentioned before, one of the problems I see with the black market is what goods could be bought there that aren't already available through other means. If you can get the exact same items from the BM that can be obtained through quests, static dungeons…, then why would anyone do them. Either the items obtained have to be inferior like I mentioned in a few posts back or we come up with new items like hard to get missions, that can be obtained

Sorry

Your right 7084.

his tread is about black market, but also about what we want there. I know I went a little (or much) to far with my idea on new mission terms for fixer in the BM, but when I get started I can't stop.

It can't be said enough. Blackmarket should be for fixers only. lets get that straigth.....

.... OK. done. Now lets continue talking about what we want this market to be like.

Some said movable and many agreed.
    some said grid accessed and many agreed.
    Some said a group of fixers standing together would BE the black market and some agreed.
    Some wanted illegal drugs, chems, stims and the like to be foudn there.
    Some want Fixer only stuff (which will nullify the need to have other proffesions to ever set foot there) I like it to some extent, but sicne fixers shoudl fix things. Things others cant get their hands on as easy as fixers, it should have stuff for all professions, maybe some proffession locked items. Like maybe a Trader only shotgun. Do more damage, fire faster, hell thorw in some area damage while you're at it. Several different types of smg's All using only the smg and burst line. Some do more damage then then mausser (Screw this min hit crap) Others do less but are way faster. Maussers that are special in some way. bigger clips, faster ROF, more damage. different type of damage. Fixer armor, grid armor, other armor as well.

Basically. A place where you can find all sorts of stuff. stuff stolen from Omni, stuff stolen from clan and neutrals. Stuff other players wish to sell. Let them sell the stuff in the shop-bot that popped up anywhere, and have the fixer be able to buy it at the BM.

Nah, not a good idea. Some new fixer nano that allow us to warp the item others commission us to get to them, straight to their inventory, using the trade window. After all, who want to stand aroudn and wait for the fixer to return with the goodies? could be somewhat su****ious, no? No, well ok. I guess we all stop and talk to our guild/friend or just to try to figure out where to go next on occasion.

I have said it before and i say it again. Different markets for different ql items. even different markets for different types of items.

In RL (I think) you can get hold of a guy selling weapons from his trunk, but he might not have that protective armor. He might on the other hand know who does, and you will them be given/buy a nano from him that will give you access to this armor guy.

Having all in one place would be convenient, but also I would not be very realistic. Unless it is a large organisation that have descided to set up BM shop on RK.

I guess we all have to wait to either hear from Cosmic or any other form Funcom about how the fomrat for the BM will be, but utntill them let us all join maussers and dream, vision, compare notes and hope for the best

Red face BM

Black Market = Fixer only, it just makes sense

(And no I'm not a fixer)

Considering there are all kinds of goods you can buy in Trade right now, the idea of a black market being able to get good
    stuff cheap is out of the question, you can already do that now.

Instead, like real life.. you get good RARE/ILLEGAL stuff for, well whatever price you can negotiate. Stuff that is illegal, stuff that cannot be bought in a store, things that cannot be traded from
    average player to average player [hence NODROP]. But it could
    be anything, a utility, armor, a weapon, something cool and
    useful, but risky to have if caught.

I'll just through out some examples:

QL 90 OT Elite Armor Pants, with +10 STR bonus
    QL 75 Desert Reet pistol with modified Radiation Damage
    QL 100 NovaFlow with a +100 Attack Skill bonus
    [50] Hacked Blister pack of QL 45 Something Cool

This is stuff people would pay BIG bucks for, BUT they can only come from a fixer who obtains them from the black market.

If you the player come within 50 meters of a guard [of your alignment] that recognizes something your wielding as being illegal - you are ordered and have 10 seconds to sit down otherwise you are fired upon and sent to prison for some small period of time [5-10mins]. If you sit as told, your scolded and the item is taken away and your out the money, next time be more careful.

If put in jail, 'Crat could come bail you out, you could try an
    escape or maybe guild could try and bust you out. Jail time
    should not exceed 15-20mins. Hay if your trying to get something
    uber you should be willing to take the risk of losing 15mins.
    Make jail a little interesting, some npcs to talk to [random],
    have a "Leet" bunkmate that wants to "Ownz J00".

If you unwield the item [put in backpack so it cannot be seen] then no problem, you can walk by the guards and not get caught].

Risk and Reward, you want the cool stuff you need to put of with the consequences. Great money making opportunity for fixers and a chance of any of us to get uber cool stuff to play with.

But again once the fixer makes the sale to you, its nodrop so it cannot be traded to another player or used as a hand me down. I suggest this only for the sake of balance and preventing the market from becoming over saturated. Think of it this way, the item only becomes activated when it scans in your unique dna pattern, otherwise its useless or its bonus/specials will not work.

Perhaps the items in question should be somewhat random, that is their specials, bonuses or whatever it is that makes then unique and desirable by players flucates a bit, so its not trivial for the fixer to get exactly what is desired, but its not impossible either [with the insane low occurances of grid armor, why bother having it at all??].

Guilds will love their fixers because the fixers will probably do it at cost.

Av.

Even with your restrictions, the items would be too good. Based on most of the discussions here so far, it would be relatively easy for a character to get an item from the BM. With your suggestion, all the player would have to do would be to remember to take off the item when they were going to town.

This would hurt the over-equippers a little. At least until the over-equipping changes come down and there would be less benefit to over-equip. The end result would be that everyone would be wearing rare items and there would be no incentive to make items through trades, quests or completing static dungeons. Hunt in the wild for experience would be all players would do.

That is why I also put on the restriction that you could not insure an item from the black market and that it had a chance to be destroyed upon you death. That way there is still a way to get the item out of circulation if another player removes it from you body before it disappears. These two stipulations make the item temporary and retain the incentive to seek out the legitimate version of it. It would also mean that players would be choosy about the BM items they carried. Since they all disappear when you die, it would not be wise to have all your items from the BM. It would be to expensive.

--------------------------------------

Player comes to Fixer looking to buy a better weapon. The Fixer finds and sells him a top of the line one from the BM, and sends his customer on his way. Afterwards, the Fixer sends a group of thugs out to kill the player. 30 minutes later... The player comes back to the Fixer asking to buy the weapon again.

“Back so soon? Sure I can help you. I can loan you the money for a small fee if you can't afford the item you want.”, the Fixer replies.

Bad Fixer. Bad Fixer. Just plain evil.

Crin - Agreed

Crin,

Just read your response, well reasoned and forced to agree. That seems to be the best strategy. (Referring to the no insurance or random insurance of items on death).

One thing I'd counter with is:

What or how shall the items have any worth or value? That is to say, what would you make available that someone is going to take the risk of losing the item? I dont think the BM concept would fly if it wasnt something "Good". I do agree about the static mission concerns - it's all about risk vs. reward really, losing an item upon death is a hell of a good risk that demands and equal reward I think. Players might tend to go back to camping mission terminals instead of dealing with the fixer, which puts the class right back where they started...

Do you think it's not a good [or viable] idea to have guards alert if they "see" a player wearing the illegal goods? Should be some roleplay and additional risk factor to be milked out of that I would think.

Anyways just thoughts, I'd never use anything outlawed by OmniTek.

ill tell you what

give fp: fixers the same access level as true fixers.
    at the same time, give fixers the fp line of nanos.

i am fed up with ppl saying that fixers are uber. we suck, please let us have something, anything unique to our profession.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Talking agree with the big tuna

Give fixers FP: Agent, and let us be able to fake agents, with same FP as agents.
    Only fair, eh, since agents so far are the only ones to fake professions, AND they want access to BM
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

pissed on your fire :)

hey, tech, not "the big tuna" its reelbigfish, or rbf , a medal to anyone who tells me where the name comes from....

agents already have a lot of individuality, fixers have none. we want something that we can do better than anyone else, except runbuff. (cuz that makes me uber 1337 H4Rd<0R3).

I suggest that Fixers have access to all the rare items in the game. The down side is that you have to pay for it (not full price), you get a big red dot on you saying "Kill me", and you lose the item when you die. This preserves the original item's value yet gives the Fixer somthing to trade. You'd go though that for the chance to use some Grid Armor wouldn't you.

This of course makes the summon nanos useless, but we already knew that.

One more thing ,
    Scott, Dan, Travis, Arron, Matt, Carlos

Ain't the internet great

Cool ReelBigFish

Hehe, ReelBigFish, i do think all understand where your name come from, at least i hope so?
    In case anyone don't: The big fish, head of all criminals, the man on the top... (damn, don't shoot me if im wrong)

Re: pissed on your fire :)

Originally posted by ReelBigFish
    hey, tech, not "the big tuna" its reelbigfish, or rbf , a medal to anyone who tells me where the name comes from....
    Reel big fish is the name of a ska band from the states... you wouldnt happen to be a fan would you?

I should really post something on topic now... so .. em.... yeah...

well done

and the medal goes to......Trimus! well done young sir, thats right, im never happier than when i got my skankin feet on

on topic.... erm..... Look over there!
    /me runs off.

/me comes back rather sheepishly, and says:
    Whatever FC decide to do with the ideas we've given them about this, i hope that they take the spirit of the posts into consideration too.

/bow

ok.. on topic...

everyone has great ideas on what the BM should be.. but so far there hasnt been too many revolutionary ideas for illegal items that could be sold. I mean yeah, we could get cheap stuff and rare stuff.. but I feel that is more of the traders thing. I want illegal stuff... I am just not sure as of yet what illegal stuff is, as we cant do anything illegal.

illegal things would be anything outside of the rules. rules say that certain items are for certain classes... so an illegal item would be something that would usually be for one class but for another.. a small example... omni armour, hacked for clans.
    wouldnt be able to be used in public without being arrested.. but away from cities or in missions...

or.. trade skill items that add great amounts to skills.. but are illegal because they are dangerous... ie. there is a chance that they will explode causing area effect damage to you and those around you... not to be used in teams or it is recycling for all those with low duck skill.

I want things to be illegal because they are very useful.. but can be dangerous to others and yourself.
    (and if they explode then you gotta buy a new one, if it was useful enough... hey they dont make things like they used to :P (check the no returns policy) )

Re: ReelBigFish

Originally posted by Teknolord
    Hehe, ReelBigFish, i do think all understand where your name come from, at least i hope so?
    In case anyone don't: The big fish, head of all criminals, the man on the top... (damn, don't shoot me if im wrong)
    Names of the members of the band I never do anything the direct way.

Fixers are all about converting items for their own use or profit. As we discuss the type of items that we will be able to procure from the Black Market one thing stands out in my mind above all others.

SUPER DUPER HOT CARS AND PLANES BABY!

That's right! What do the planeless pine for...what do the speed freaks crave? Fast Cars and Planes...Vroom Vroom!

We should be able to deal in hot (stolen) temporary transportation and this will also stay true to the theme of fixers as the masters of travel and speed.

Want to joy ride in a Yalm or an exotic car for 24 gameplay hours then see the fixer--I'm sure we can work something out. The impoverished get a taste of flying and to the rich we offer super speed Planes and vehicles that are way faster then the regular store ones. The vehicle and driving skills required to use these vehicles should be reduced because they're temporary.

Perhaps we can even offer completely new styles of transport that don't yet exist on Rubi-Ka. Motor Bikes, Jet packs, fill in the blanks here____________. Everything will be temporary. Pssst, I'm sure we can cut a deal if you have the creds...just don't let the fuzz catch you!
    Last edited by Orion; Jan 11th, 2002 at 08:03:09.

oh no! 'not envisioned'

Well there goes prison... Now we've gotta think of something else!

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/1800L

I personally think loosing the item whenever you die is too harsh. How about a cash penalty of (ql/2)% of your money on hand? On the other hand, we need to figure out what 'no penal system' means I guess...

Man I wanted a Jail!

I belive that if you do get cought with the item from the BM it iwll be lost. Gone, *poff*. But this would be for the fixer that bought the item, once it has been handed to the buyer, it would be safe and be at the reclaim booth when you die, just like all other items of your belongings.

I do however think that it should be a NODROP or something similar. Now I guess some of you are thinkning, "How to transfer a NODROP item. It can't be done" True. It can't, but the item shouldn't be NODROP until equipped. Like when you pick NODROP's from store terms or from mobs/chests.

I am sure funcom can fix this problem.

As for the penal system gone; I to wish that we could use the prisons, but we will not, so any other ideas on a way to penalize the use of the BM?
    General Thoram of the Twin Sun Syndicate

hihi

16.2 patch notes:
    The black market is now up!
    It will consist of a shopbot which auctions those grid disc found

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast