Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Black Market - From Envisioned List

aye

Gummizluv got the same idea i kinda thought of:
    Getting caught would make a person getting zoned into a prison, which he is unable to zone out of for a duration of time
    Not bad idea either, to let the time in jail be period=[x secs]x[ql of item]
    Also, id guess the adrenaline in your veins while trying to sell illegal stuff, carefully looking for guards or agents or whatever who is gonna catch you, would make the rpg of AO hellufa lot better

Ah, oh, i remember the first time i zoned out of backyard when i created my character... Saw lotsa brutal people there, and was scared like hell, fearing they would shoot me... But, nah, now i of course know that pk'ing can only be done in special places..
    DANG i want more to give me adrenaline!
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

yeah, death can be a pain.. so add it to the penalties

I'm pushing for big penalties, because the way I see it.. the bigger the penalty the greater the risk and so the better the reward.
    or at least that is how i think.

I like the idea of respawning in prison. that would be cool, you could even get your friendly crat to come and get you out. I mean come on... everyone has to have contacts with a dodgy lawyer.

I see the underworld as networking and favours and recalling favours. 'I get this for you and next time I am in troube you help me out' kinda thing. I can see many ways in which the blackmarket will benifit other professions, in the sense that bringing it into the game should create alot more communication and contacts.
    its already set up on RK2 ready and waiting.

its gonna be fun I am sure

The message is clear, we don't want this to be a normal shop, where stuff is just cheaper or rarer. We need atmosphere. We need penalties. Adrenaline! But make it worthwhile, make it worth the fear! Just my 2 creds. Im just pleased this is such a successful post! =)
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

Jobe..

Well, if Fixers are the only ones who will get access to blackmarket, i would say only nano mages will be the only ones with access to Jobe. Jobe is the island where all new nano technology is invented, and it is made by highly intelligent nanomages, and they dont want to chat and socialize with under-developed breeds. Im looking forward to that
    NT phone HOME!!

Penalties

Personally, I think the penalty for getting caught selling hot goods should be prison time. First offense, maybe a fine and a warning, and it just gets progressively worse. Maybe concealment could play a part in whether or not you can be caught?

I have this vision in my head of my fixer getting caught for the third or fourth time (okay, so he's not real bright, gimme a break). I'm zoned into the prison (again) at which point I am stripped of all my equipment and gear, to be reclaimed once I get out. The amount of time I'm in prison depends on a few things, namely the QL of the item(s) I was selling, previous offenses, etc. I don't think the prison time should be short either. It should be measured in hours, not seconds. I say ((10 minutes)x(# of previous offenses))x(QL of item)=# of minutes GAMETIME spent in the prison.

Things could be regimented in the prison just like in a real life incarceration. Make it so that you are automatically scanned when you get sent to prison, that way you can't just /term to get out. Once you have "served your time" and been "rehabilitated" you are released, and you get all your stuff back from a reclaim term outside the prison.

I know my formula for punishment time sounds harsh, but it should be. Punishment should not be something people just take lightly in this game, like the way they do death. When you die, as long as you have just leveled or saved, it doesn't matter. This should be the sort of thing where people are very very skittish about selling hot items. If you are caught, it should be a definate punishment. Just my 2 creds.

Catch ya planetside.

Unhappy This probally wont get read but...

I think the best way to implement something like this would be usign the following:

I belive that FC is using VC++ 6 or 7 cuz When ao use to crash back in beta i could gather some data from the crash.(im not 100%sure)Im also a mod maker so i know about modifying existing code to make something else.

what i gather is that :

though converstion there is existing way to send commands(or atleast emots) to a NPC(ask eddie for directions)

though use of items/stores in game Playfeild varible & time varibles can be set (use a sugry clinic)

So instead do this:

make NPC merchants that sell normal Neutral Stuff, black boots, bullets, bs items that every one can buy.

Gussy them up in some fancy(not overly) cloathing something past a full rubber suit.

now heres where it *could* get hairy. Add a interaction counter to that Npc that expires after 30 seconds or on playfeild shift. start it at 0

OPTION #1
    then thought conversation a player, if they ask the right qustions, could set there interaction counter to a value higher. and when the player *uses* the npc again, instead present a Alternate list of items.

OPTION #2
    then thought conversation a player, if they ask the right qustions, could set there interaction counter to a value higher. then a final question that is checked against this counter and if(counter>=X) let the Npc open Trade window with said player

Cons:
    these above methods Might be hard to implement then might not be, i dont know AO's code so i cant tell only offer my input.

This might get taxing on a players part if they always have to ask a set of questions to get a npc to open trade with them

Pros:
    above methods would prove(at least i feel so) better for the story line and for Rping value in the long run

Code implement in this means This would also create more interaction for future event or possible merchants that only sell items on the black market or only show the player there wares after talking with them(IE. story line characters)

you could even put a sub routine that checks values such as concement or alignment or what ever, then instead of the NPC opening trade, something else.....anything else could happen, even like some event that is preprogramed in the game to go of is some luckey(or unluckey) player triggers the correct varibles/bools. (like teleporting the player to another playfeild or spawning a Omni-Pol Probe that *records* the event and reports the player to omni-pol)

this post is presented from a coders and role players point of view
    Last edited by Xyberviri; Dec 27th, 2001 at 23:19:04.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Talking Re: This probally wont get read but...

I just thought about this as i reread my own post.

Originally posted by Xyberviri
    like teleporting the player to another playfeild
    Another Pro: if this was already implemented If/When something such as jobe was implemented you could even make a Npc that teleports you to Jobe if the varibles set thought chat are right, else you would just get the normal chatter a npc gives you.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

A black market would be a fine addition, particularly if it were some sort of bonus for Fixers.. but regarding punishment..

Some of the suggestions were rather.. Long. 10 minutes X 2 previous offenses X 150QL item = 50 hours?! Uh yeah I'll just be afk all weekend..

Ingame punishments need to be something more.. appropriate. Maybe losing a token, along with (of course) death. Or just death itself would be acceptable, with a fine.

There should be risk, but it shouldn't be so utterly destructive to your character (and to your personal time) as imprisonment for hours and hours of /played time.

How about just losing the item (and death of course ) for punishment? That's what normally happens when you're dealing with something illeagal... or so I'm told.

/G13

Re: Re: This probally wont get read but...

I just thought about this as i reread my own post.

Another Pro: if this was already implemented If/When something such as jobe was implemented you could even make a Npc that teleports you to Jobe if the varibles set thought chat are right, else you would just get the normal chatter a npc gives you.
    Im sorry, but only Nano breed will have access to Jobe.
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: Re: Re: This probally wont get read but...

Originally posted by Garzu
    quote:

Im sorry, but only Nano breed will have access to Jobe.
    Would you rather swim? Set up some ugly pets that eats any non-nano arrivals or just nuke 'em on sight.
    That's how i would like the BM set up. Anyone can get to the location but I you're not one of us you're not staying (alive).

/G13

Im sorry, but Jobe is the place where nano mages invents stuff, and its nanomages only who live there. They dont want to socialize with less intelligent lifeforms... So by the same logics as Fixer should be the only with access to black market, nano breed should be the only with access to Jobe.

A warp nano will be implemented by FC, which is nano breed only, this warp teleports you to Jobe, we get this nano at lvl 100.
    NT phone HOME!!

Great ideas....like it all...mm prison....meow

Originally posted by Red Falcon

Some of the suggestions were rather.. Long. 10 minutes X 2 previous offenses X 150QL item = 50 hours?! Uh yeah I'll just be afk all weekend..
    Ingame punishments need to be something more.. appropriate. Maybe losing a token, along with (of course) death. Or just death itself would be acceptable, with a fine.
    Talking x minutes is alot, yes. but not seconds.
    10seconds x ql of item
    10x200=2000seconds/33 minutes. Being prisoned for half hour aint that bad, but you get to sit and think over what u did
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

liking the idea of prison.... you could even get someone to bail you out for huge sums of money. or even better... break you out. depending on who your friends are.
    that would be cool.. either come in guns ablazing trying to use fire power to get past the gaurds, get someone to sneak past and pick you out, or ... the easy way get someone to bail you out or bribe the gaurd

Loving the thread

(as for the jobe stuff... I agree it should be nanos only... but get your own thread :P )

ahehaehaehaeh damn I like these ideas....think of all the fun....killing guards...escaping...getting bailed out...mmm...meeooow

what we need now is for funcom employees to finish their christmas vacation and come and read the thread

hmm

Just make a fixer mule and you 2 can reap the benefites of the black market.

uhm...

Originally posted by Garzu
    Im sorry, but Jobe is the place where nano mages invents stuff, and its nanomages only who live there. They dont want to socialize with less intelligent lifeforms... So by the same logics as Fixer should be the only with access to black market, nano breed should be the only with access to Jobe.

A warp nano will be implemented by FC, which is nano breed only, this warp teleports you to Jobe, we get this nano at lvl 100.

from my first thread

you could even put a sub routine that checks values such as concement or alignment or what ever, then instead of the NPC opening trade, something else.....anything else could happen
    Just becasue i did not state breed/profession instead of "whatever" does not mean that it could have not been included in such a check if one was implemented. using jobe as a example of how code can be reused instead of implemnting a new set of code for ever single Event/Action/Emote that a npc can generate.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Re: uhm...

Just becasue i did not state breed/profession instead of "whatever" does not mean that it could have not been included in such a check if one was implemented. using jobe as a example of how code can be reused instead of implemnting a new set of code for ever single Event/Action/Emote that a npc can generate.
    Yeah, i can see, and i saw it after i post, but i hoped you would not see it as a flame, i just said my opinion.
    NT phone HOME!!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast