Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Black Market - From Envisioned List

just a little notice

If other professions than fixer, except _maybe_ trader, gets access to this, i think an entirely community of fixers will be very pissed off... I will, at least, and I will show no mercy. You will all wake up and discover i stole your beds while you were sleeping!
    Its like handing access to some superduper healing stations fitted for docs to other professions, or giving access to a secret ninja community to others than ma's..... Plain dumb, stupid, idiotic, ridiculous, pathetic, meaningless and disgracing towards the fixers to do that.
    Stay away from the black market, other professions. Please let us have this unique part for ourself.
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

Personally never saw it as a single profession, fixer thing. Kinda saw the roll of running the blackmarket and selling modified omni equipment to the clans as a Neutral job. Although I do understand that Fixers need help other than those wonky summon spells and funky grid armour. God I can see all the Neut Fixers now, they'll be standing on all the street corners in Omni-Trade "Got these leet watchs garn cheep. The ol lady will lovem".
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

themore people argue for access to _fixers_ market, the more pissed i get

"Fixer
    Operates on the edge of the law, acquiring anything on demand if the price is right, and works as an intermediary in the underworld of Rubi- Ka."

Taken from the manual, http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...ofessions.html

Some people just seem to wanna destroy the roleplaying part of AO...
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

yeah come on let fixers have it....not that I play one heh....

/me agrees with Teknolord

I am pretty satisified with my fixer.

However, I agree with Teknolord, that we need something to make us stand out. Because, there really isnt anything. (except run buffs.)

Like I said, I like playing my fixer (lvl83) But we need something that makes people come to us, maybe even a money making scheme. I dont know if this can possibly be that, but we sure need something to add a little ****e.

-Sopprano lvl 83 fixer
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

I see this as a clan only thing
    NT phone HOME!!

hmmm clan only.....not sure.....

This might be the new fixer thing Savant was talking about earlier. Anyway, I think fixers should be the only ones allowed inside the black market..

Oh yeah, I'm a crat..I just think each profession needs a class defining ability..right now fixers have..uhm, grid armor?
    Vincent Stritzke
    Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka

Other professions saying they should have access to the black market...

you will have! through a fixer!!!
    fixers are the black market, they are the underworld.
    people saying that they should have access because anyone can talk to someone illegal.
    the fixers ARE the someone illegal that you talk to.

we have a friend that can get you some 'stuff'. you then have a friend of a friend who can get you some stuff.

it works that way already, if you ask a fixer to get you something then he probably will... for a price.. especially on RK2... we network.

the fixers are on the edge. they have contacts in the underworld. they are your contacts to the underworld.
    you cant miss out the middle man or... bad stuff happens. you know, it gets dark at night, we know where you live and have agents who we supply to aswell who might just happen to come across your description and owe us a favour no one cuts out the middle man. the fixers are the middle man.
    make friends of them, or as close a friend as they will allow.

like in the movies, when someone has a drug dealer, they buy from the dealer, the dealer buys from the supplier. if the dealer is skipped and the person goes straight to the supplier then it gets nasty.

my 2 creds

intra clan fixer rk2

Thumbs up

Black market for fixer only is OK with me. More power to fixers.

Still having some black market items for all CLAN professions would be nice too.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

It's toasted

You're so freakin right Trimus/Intra!
    It took my hung over bastard of a brain quite some time to get thru this thread. Thanks for writing what I wanted to say.

/G13

Cool Fixers = blakmarket 4 the rest

Yep. Its simple.

The blackmarket is for FIXERS only.
    If people want access to the blackmarket......

ASK A FIXER. thats the whole point of us isn't it?

On RK2 we have been setting up a blackmarket organisation waiting for an opportunity like this. If everyone can use it (even traders) it would ruin the the fixer role. Traders should work with fixers.

eg fixer gets rare / dodgy goods and trader uses his skills to assemble them or whatever.

Please funcom.. this idea gave us hope.... dont give it away to every1 else.
    JimmySav , Neutral Fixer RK-2
    "Jim'll Fix it for you...."

CEO Rubika Asset Management
    "Jimmy's back, and this time, its personal!"

All this argument is silly

Fixers your gonna be the only ones with access to the blackmarket....The joke tho is that the blackmarket will contain nothing but summon ammo instruction discs

We want fixers to be fixers!
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Yeah, thx trimus, thats what ive been trying to say in my last couple of posts, but it didn't come out asd well as yours. =). Theres some nice ideas here, FC would do well to take note of them *hint* *hint*
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

I love my fixer and the prospect of a blackmarket has me excited about him. the fixer community is already great to be part of and with this it would make it even more fun.

I want to throw some ideas around about it... this already assumes that it is fixer only...

the black market should be NPC based (I think someone already suggested that). it should be roaming NPCs that change position often so that you have to stay close to the grapevine to find out where 'he' is now.
    there could even be a password that you have to /tell to the npc to activate him and the password could also change week to week.
    to non fixers the NPC would act differently or sell different things.
    and at all times there is a chance that after you have 'aquired' something from the source it would not be as it appeared to be in the description. perception ability could alter the chances of being duped. or the more your frequent the source the happier he becomes with you and will give you different items or different discounts.

because it is a blackmarket then it is illegal, and there should be a penalty for anyone caught.. (any ideas on a penalty?)

because of the NPC way of doing it then you could often get GM's pretending to be the source in order to catch you out. that way we would have to stay close to our network and run checks on names or listen for rumours of undercover 'cops'.

it could be part of agents missions to pose as sources and catch us out?
    and so there should be an ingame way of running name checks... that way it brings crats into the game as they could falsify records in order to catch people out.
    I'm getting ahead of my self here I think

anyway...a few random thoughts cus its better than working
    Last edited by Intra; Dec 27th, 2001 at 15:26:24.

Cool

Originally posted by Trimus
    because it is a blackmarket then it is illegal, and there should be a penalty for anyone caught.. (any ideas on a penalty?)
    Guards will shoot you if :

- You wear illegal armor / weapon / clothes / ... ;
    - You are trading blackmarket items with a player ;
    - You are auctioning the item with the drag+drop system of the chat interface.

Some cities could be tolerant with that.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

yeah, but I have a problem with death being a penalty... basicly because you just rez. all you would need to do is insure yourself and conduct all buisness next to a rez terminal.

I am now thinking along the lines of a mandatory fine, payable within a certain time limit and also maybe you cant use the black market for a set time as the word is out that you have been caught... so your reputation is hurt, or maybe you have a wire on you. illegal prices could go up for you until you are back in the 'in' crowd of the underworld

I agree that it would be silly to auction illegal goods on the shopping channel. I think most illegal goods would be recieved by order.. ie. find a fixer ask if he can get hold of 'whatever' for you and he will try to get hold of it if he doesnt already have access to it.

approaching a fixer to aquire goods would be great RP opportunity!

Thumbs down well

May that be a fixer thing or a crat thing, or even an MP thing : so be it!

I just wished Fc and the dev team would focuss a bit on the problems their classes have before implementing new stuff. I never seen someone creating so many new toys before fixing the previous ones. I mean, come on, still so many professions are begging for a bit of attention...and what do they do? They make new shops (woot! not), add Santa leets (yeah! not either) and add useless (sorry for you, but it is not essential to the game at this stage) new line of shops...

how great

Originally posted by Trimus
    approaching a fixer to aquire goods would be great RP opportunity!
    Yup indeed.

But even if death penalty can be overcome in several ways : auction from a Yalmaha, zone in/out a city, be ready to jump in a grid terminal / whompah ... still, the risk and the hindrance of a death while you take time to sell / buy stuff is a pain.

Of course we can dream of a way to record the illegal trades that a player did and a moment where guards will shoot him on sight because he's just a well-known dealer.

Another twist : make the dealer respawn in a prison for 10 sec x item Q instead of making him respawn to his save point.

The plain way to inforce the black-market idea is to filter /ooc, /shout and shopping channels for illegal items. But just that is not enough as it is too easy to /macro adequate auction buttons.

Well, at any rate death would be good IHMO.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast