Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Black Market - From Envisioned List

Remote cities (Urban environment far away from Omni-1)?

/G13

Re: Black Market - From Envisioned List

Originally posted by 7084
    Make the actual shops, NPCs, its hardly likely you are gonna buy illegal gear from a terminal.
    I agree with you from an RP standpoint, however...

Computer Literacy skill affects your buy/sell prices when dealing with shop terminals, the higher your skill, the better the deal you get.

Psychology affects your buy/sell prices when dealing with NPC shop vendors.

I'm not a Fixer, but I seem to recall they generally have pretty high Comp Lit skills (better deals with terminals), and so unless Fixers put a lot of points into Psychology (better deals with NPCs), they will get better deals from a shop terminal.

Just my 0.02 credits,
    S.A.M.

Re: Re: Black Market - From Envisioned List

Originally posted by SecretAgentMan
    Computer Literacy skill affects your buy/sell prices when dealing with shop terminals, the higher your skill, the better the deal you get.
    And at what skill does this kick in?

/G13

minor problem with that

fixers dont have the highest comp lit, traders do.

due to the fact that they get comp lit buffs. whilst the fixer (the hackers of the game) dont. another reason why the fixer proffesion is incomplete.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Hmmm, not too bothered about the comp lit reducing price. Its almost unnoticable, we are supposedly getting these things cheaper as well anyway, but i can see where you were coming from. I would prefer to have cool NPCs rather than save 3 creds on an item.
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

Originally posted by 7084
    Hmmm, not too bothered about the comp lit reducing price. Its almost unnoticable, we are supposedly getting these things cheaper as well anyway, but i can see where you were coming from. I would prefer to have cool NPCs rather than save 3 creds on an item.
    The comp lit USED to play a BIG role in prices, but they changed it. It really added up on big priced items part of the reason i had it so high at low lvl's now i just raise it for ncu and if i want to go somewhere else in the grid
    ~Ghale
    Clan Fixer
    RK1

~Parenchyma
    Clan MP
    RK1

~Ghalee
    Clan Fixer
    RK2

Remote cities (Urban environment far away from Omni-1)?
    again, why? surely the blackmarket would be close to the largest concentration of people, both for future customers, and because it would be easier to hide. for a real life example, I'm guessing London has a larger blackmarket than a small village in Cornwall . hehe just my two pence worth again (wonder how much richer I would be if I stopped giving away all these two pences.........)

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by Succumbus
    again, why?
    Keeping the lower levels out, so that ppl don't start a fixer just to get access to the BM?
    However, I do think you have a point there Lil'.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

good plan

or jsut limit the access to fixers, and put the access on the top level of the grid... so no newbies can get to it, also gives us a reason to raise comp lit, as we are the master hackers.... with no comp lit buffs.....

Thumbs up

Nice one Reel.

that is a good plan. It also goes with our "diferent grid looks " thing.

1 Diference being that there would be top floor grid exits to black market .....

OR maybe 1 exit per grid level (fixer only) with 3 diferent loads of goods in.... ie top floor having the really cool stuff in.
    JimmySav , Neutral Fixer RK-2
    "Jim'll Fix it for you...."

CEO Rubika Asset Management
    "Jimmy's back, and this time, its personal!"

Sounds good to me!
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

what a fantastic idea

three different entrances, each to a shop selling different Ql's. one on each grid tier. what a fantastic plan, the grid really needs to be expanded a bit anyhow....

Post Reallife blackmarket.

Well a couple of years ago i used to knew about some guys who i could be refered to as "fixers" they would obtain things stolen or otherwise for half "or lesser" the shop price, they could obtain or needed to get rid of things that would be almost impossible to get by legal means, like military guns,AT-guns,mines,grenades,false money,whole shipments of stolen alcohol,stolen vehicles and such for a really acceptable price like 1handgrenade 25$ an assaultrifle between 500 and 1000$, they could obtain guns with illegal addons as silencers. Well any guy with a little knowhow can add a silencer.

What i mean is that things on the blackmarket should make a fixer good to have around because he can get the stuff you cant. if you dont have some contacts with a fixer you could not get it.
    maybe they could get that ql10 ammo that makes bigger holes =).

The fixer should be able to hack items like adding stuff to weapons that are bought anywhere(so would trader/eng.)
    I also think that the fixer should be able to hack away profession and Clan/Omni protection from stuff... maybe the stuff he/her is able to hack should be max half in ql of the hackers level,or something.

The fixer should be able to steal, from all. the victim should be able to get some credits from the insurance thingy, but not to be refunded in full for the item lost but should be able to beat the hell ot of the fixer if he notices the theft in the same time nerby guards would be alerted,victim could kill the poor guy so maybe the gurds is to prefer, guard would zone the fixer to prison where some kind of punishment would take place... maybe whipping at the local square, or a gauntlet =). I think that all equipment carried in backpack(not clothes/credits or things carried on body,if thay arnt illegal/recentlystolen that is ),should be considered as stolen.

sorry for bad spelling and such =).

Im glad to say i dont know about any "reallife fixers" anymore,
    but almost everyone knows how to look up one.

Havent posted on this thread for a while.. and since it is one of THE things that I am looking forward to I feel I should at least give a big ole:

fixer only!

to it.
    I hope funcom bump this to in progress soon (after next patch?)

Question

What if, and this is a big what if, there were diffrent lvls of how hard it was to get an item. To obtain these higher lvl of hard to get items it was not dependent on lvl, but dependent on how many black market items you would have bought before or how many black market missions you had run. Basicly what i mean is to get the really really good stuff the npc's, if there are npcs in the black market, would have to have a certian lvl of trust in you.
    I like this because it's not dependent on lvls, but how much of a black market fixer you are. This means you cant just run into the black market..or link up to it..and automaticly get this extremely hard to get item, the point being the last thing we need is for everyone to have an alt fixer to get the gear they need from the black market when ever they choose to do so, they would have to go through a more experianced (not higher lvl) fixer.

Re: Fixers + Traders please

Originally posted by Scumbug

of course, an agent in FP may be able to exlpoit the system,
    so perhaps this ability should be disabled like engie pets etc.
    even with all the conceal nerfs the ability to sneak still makes
    them the richest profession in game.
    (trust me, noone tips like an agent for which im happy about,
    they are my best wrangle customers, but that buisness is coming to an end)
    Honestly, what do you think the point of false proffesion is?? All that will essentially happen is everyone will reroll fixers so they can mule their way to the black market. Then when RK is overrun with fixers there will be no reason to patch them anymore, because there will already be too many. There is quickly becoming no point to false proffesion if there is no use for it. I chose a class with fp for versatility among all proffesions and because I didn't want to have to create a new character to try out every new neat thing. It's just frustrating to read posts like this that imply agents are exploiters and that false proffesion should not allow you to do things that the real proffesion can do. If you can't use fp to become the proffesion and funcom stops overequipping... then is there really a point to false profession or to a class that has unique nanos other than false proffesion?

Red face Re: Re: Fixers + Traders please

Originally posted by eleetist

All that will essentially happen is everyone will reroll fixers so they can mule their way to the black market. Then when RK is overrun with fixers there will be no reason to patch them anymore, because there will already be too many.
    There is a simple solution to not letting people just make a fixer and get into the market as a free ride. Make a minimum level requirement, like lvl 50 or so. That way you'd actually have to work on the character before getting into the black market. And once in there, make items of all levels available, so that the fixer can pick up things for his friends outside. As for entering the market, definately a grid exit that fixers can use, or a warp nano that only fixers can use. Make all other methods of entry impossible.
    They're defending themselves somehow!

"or a warp nano that only fixers can use"

Oh god no!!!! no more nanos!!! ie. no fixers will be able to use it tll lvl 200!!! just put it on the grid for petes sake!

Yours in fear of nanos for fixers,

would be easy :)

a nano with very low skill reqs, but a level requirement... we know they can do that

low reqs

fixer low reqs for nano.......

Mattmett 260
    matt crea 730
    psy mod 320

+ any other catgory 900 ( preferably 1 that no other nano uses...)

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast