Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617

Thread: Black Market - From Envisioned List

Not gonna go off on some dispute on who should gain access or not... just wanted to comment on a few things.

Just to get it all out of the way from the beginning:
    Yes, I am an agent.
    Yes, I got my vision of what FP should be and my interpretation of the original description of that skill.
    And yes, I feel that the skill points we spend, or "training" we undergo (isn't that that a skill point is), should amount to more than basic buffs.

So, I guess you can say I'm biased

back to my comments:
    Originally posted by Intra

agents should be able to infultrate an organisation... not an entire proffession.. which is what a BM is.

a black market is not a shop. A black market is a network of people, they aquire goods that 'fell off the back of the lorry'. security tags removes, encryption decoded whatever. you do not go down to your local corner black market shop and buy an illegal item.
    Just had to comment on what I see as a slight contradiction. A network, as I see it, is more of an organisation than a profession.
    Then again, that's just my interpretation. No slight intended either, Intra

fixers operate the black market, we are the black market.
    I must say I disagree somewhat with you on this. From my knowledge of the Fixer profession beyond AO, from CP 2020 to be more specific, the Fixer was the guy with the connections.
    He could get you what you wanted through his contacts on and beyond the blackmarket, but the market itself consisted of anything from petty criminals to white collar ones. Even sales agents from obscure and even well known arms manufacturers working for the companies "less known" department.
    The "middle man" was what I pictured the fixer to be in AO as well.

As for the agents role on the black market, consider the fact that the black market is also a place for trading information as well as merchandise. And we are, after all spies, informants.
    My further points on this relates to my above comment on FP, which is more suited for some other discussion.

Like I said, I didn't intend to dive into some long dispute/fight/argument/debate over this. At least there's gotta be some illegal items to fight about first
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

What I see the blackmarket as, is basically a collection of contacts. Yes, there are probably none fixer people involved, but they would all have their fixer contact to "plug them in". The fixers are the middle men, the link between the suppliers and the customers. Each fixer would probably have his on suppliers, and would also have contacts with other fixers, so if he couldnt get hold of somthing, he would "know a man who can". For an Agent to infiltrate this, it would require them to both pursade the established fixers that he was genuine, and to have his own collection of suppliers and contacts (if he doesnt have this, he is just a customer, and should buy something off the fixer).

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

UBER idea

yea the idea of a black market for fixers is great maybe trader and agents can get acces to it with special spells or such .. they could have some cind of underground places in ent where the blackmarket can be . u can perhaps buy mission items and such .. anyways good idea!

Agents and the BM

Metaphysicists can create heal pets. We can fly. We can buff your nano skills to insane levels. These things are what define our class. No one else can do them.

Except an agent in FP.

Agents are built around FP. Worrying that an Agent can duplicate your professions skills is pointless - of course they can, just not as well.

If an Agent can fly, and wrangle (both class-defining skills), I can't see any reason why he shouldn't access the BM, albeit with some penalties.
    Last edited by Rogoff; Jul 15th, 2002 at 07:30:31.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

Arrow Stumbled across

I just stumbled across this thread, and was immediately thrilled about it. Then i noticed it had been running since december 2001..... If funcon hasnt noted it yet, what is the point of the forums
    Magnuz (Resident of RK2)

Macruz - Fixer & my main
    Magnuz - Doc
    Miezyroth - Trader
    Magnutz - Enforcer
    Maggotz - Agent
    Roybjarne - NT
    Katsuichi - MP
    Kreatorz - Engy

What?

What is an enforcer? A thug right? What is there profession title past 150? A Made-Man right? That infers that enforcers are part of the mafia. Where does the mafia get there guns, weapons, cars/cool ****? The black market. You are a farm animal if you dont agree with me.

who gets the enforcer his guns, weapons, cars/cool ****?

His access to the blackmarket, his contact. The guy who can fix things for you.

Can you say fixer?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

resticky!!!!
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Post getting caught in blackmarket

Maybe all the professions could have access to the black market but only fixers can have at it with no worries of getting caught. after all anyone can be a criminal, its just a select few who can do it and not get caught.

Black market? Never will happen. At least one worth calling a black market. Will there be a cause and effect? Will you run the risk of going to jail? No. They removed that idea from envisioned to not envisioned.
    Don't get your hopes up, it will will most likely be nothing more than the Fixer shop. Pity, would love to see something that would be out of the Gibson books.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

What Intra said.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

No? Why not?

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

m0000
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617