Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Give melee professions a tractor beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Here, you answer your own comment. We wouldn't ask for things like this, if being kited didn't screw over melee kill power as much as it does.

Like....a TRACTOR BEAM!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    I remember this old computer game, Carmagedon, they had a repulsor beam in there, hilarious to see cars and people just fling off into the air as you drive by. Was a funny game; really old by now.
    this game was epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling
    To be totally honest, I have no idea. They appeared one day, and I'm as curious (and ignorant) as the next guy about what they were meant for.

I agree with the poster that it's probably something that was too unbalanced. That sounds like something we'd do.

Itd be perfect, Funcom would have another chance to rip from World of Warcrafts classes, this takes from Deathknights and sounds decent for keepers if it actually worked ^^
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    Itd be perfect, Funcom would have another chance to rip from World of Warcrafts classes, this takes from Deathknights and sounds decent for keepers if it actually worked ^^
    i don't know anything about WoW, but whatever

Just put a root in the general nano vendor that every profession can use....
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Or some kind of item you can hack and use to root people with. Oh, wait...
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Or some kind of item you can hack and use to root people with. Oh, wait...
    2 roots every 15 minutes doesn't help that much when you fight 30 people in that time. Oh, and they can be removed by 1 item instantly.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    2 roots every 15 minutes doesn't help that much when you fight 30 people in that time. Oh, and they can be removed by 1 item instantly.
    But... They CAN ROOT people.

P.S.
    Items that are used to remove them, can't be used "instantly", they have execution time and recharge time as well.

P.P.S.
    It's usualy 10-12 minutes, not 15.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Actually...let's just make all roots not work in pvp then...so we are all even.
    Facebook

But... They CAN ROOT people.

P.S.
    Items that are used to remove them, can't be used "instantly", they have execution time and recharge time as well.
    Woo, a whole second or two either way.

Oh and FYI there are instant use tools available to remove roots.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Woo, a whole second or two either way.
    For melee, that's actualy quite enough to do its "magic".

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

get more run speed
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

How about giving MAs a tractor beam nano instead of fear in 18.0?

Call it "chi magnet," and instead of causing you to run away it will cause you to run towards the user.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    How about giving MAs a tractor beam nano instead of fear in 18.0?

Call it "chi magnet," and instead of causing you to run away it will cause you to run towards the user.
    no.

Furthermore, I don't want a root. There are too many roots as it is, and I don't want this checking root resistance. This is more for the keeper who is already rooted and wants his target to GET OVER HERE.

Hehe..interesting ideea.Did u guys notice that he wants to pull the target to him not being pulled to the target?

That kind of nano would be interesting,IF it pulls you to the target.If is only a pvp nano,no use on NPC, no use on unflagged persons ,persons on the same side,or lower levels.That kind of nano should make u loose some hp according to the distance.So u can basicaly jump into a runner's back(eaven rooted),loose hp according to the distance,land some perks and stay there rooted still if nobody was hitting you.If u kill him,good for u,if not he will run still whyle you are still rooted.Both lost hp.Ah and that kind of nano must remove the ranged from your target for at least 1 second.Like you get warped by aliens and cancels ur attack.So basicaly he has a chance to hide :P.
    These are some ideeas.May not be verry smart.Anyway i dont like the ideea of a keeper like this :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK4kl...eature=related

yes i want a tractor beam, quit that running about i dont wanna chase you i just wanna kill you. im a ma gimme the scorpion hook from mortal kombat
    RK2's Only 220 Nanomage Martial Artist

Meritosthene 220/21/64 Damage

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=123935

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast