Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Give melee professions a tractor beam.

Quote Originally Posted by damon7 View Post
    the tractor beam should work on all "pick upable" items...

"get in mah bellie!"

but to make better game balance, you can only use it twice in a period of time..10 mins say. Upon trying to use it during the "cooldown" period, words appear and an audio clip of James Doohan plays "but i canna change the laws of physics!"
    http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...outh-belly.jpg
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

A grappling hook type bracer would rock. Or even a root proc/perk...

I mean really, if you get hit in the ass by a 9' long sword where are you goin? No where.

Of course it would have the side effect of even more "/tell ZOMG KEER0R/OMNI HAX!1!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    okay, but user must wear the boots in order to use them

These boots are so heavy, they affect your ability to maneuver

OnWear:
    evadeclsc -200
    OK, then you need to wield the harpoon in order to use it (or use an util slot for the item that allows you to tractor beam).

The harpoon would have 1-1 damage and have 50 second equip time. 1-1 damage because it's a non-weaponized harpoon thing that's meant to get people close to you fast n stuff, and probably uses nano effects instead of hurtin' the target. 50 equip time because you need to make it so that people can't hotswap it.

The tractor beam util would have a -500 AAO effect because you're using your precious concentration which should be used to attack to... Tractor beam folks. Why -500? Because melee classes have got craploads of AR these days anyways. It has to be felt!
    Last edited by Zudahh; Mar 5th, 2008 at 03:21:10.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by Zudahh View Post
    OK, then you need to wield the harpoon in order to use it (or use an util slot for the item that allows you to tractor beam).

The harpoon would have 1-1 damage and have 50 second equip time. 1-1 damage because it's a non-weaponized harpoon thing that's meant to get people close to you fast n stuff, and probably uses nano effects instead of hurtin' the target. 50 equip time because you need to make it so that people can't hotswap it.

The tractor beam util would have a -500 AAO effect because you're using your precious concentration which should be used to attack to... Tractor beam folks. Why -500? Because melee classes have got craploads of AR these days anyways. It has to be felt!
    Sorry no programming allowed by those who aren't programmers or paid employees by funcom.

Sorry no programming allowed by those who aren't programmers or paid employees by funcom.
    Sorry, no programming is taking place to begin with so what was your point? And if you're a programmer, obviously you should understand the difference between "a new database entry" and "omgz programming ****z loawl"

Or maybe you're a fake-grammer! Since obviously you aren't an employee of FC.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Why dont we make an everrunning debuff that falls all over RK and does -1000 rs to all ranged profs?
    Just as nonsense as the -500 aao, as it'd make the whole tractor beam useless...weather we get it or not, we still wouldnt be able to kill our opponent.
    That'd b just like giving a canned food to hungry people, but taking the can opener from them.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

all it ****ing does is move the ranged profession into melee range. that's it. now shut the hell up and quit trying to be something you're not.... intelligent.

all it ****ing does is move the ranged profession into melee range. that's it. now shut the hell up and quit trying to be something you're not.... intelligent.
    Just a thought.

You maybe never thought about it. But then again, who's ever witnessed a time that you actually thought out your ideas before you presented them here on game suggestions (or anywhere else)?

What this would do is turn ranged into a crappy version of melee as you couldn't get out of the melee user's range, which, you know, is supposedly shorter than that of a ranged user (which this thing would completely nullify). Hell, you can hit regular hits with a melee weapon while running, but you need to stop to do the same with ranged weapons.

For this to work even halfway, there should be a ranged version of this called the "Repulsor Beam", which does the exact opposite of this thing, forcing the target to max range of the user's weapon. Otherwise it would be horribly overpowered and would take away the one real advantage ranged weapons have over melee weapons. Which is... *drumroll* RANGE! Hence the name "ranged weapon".

The fact that a harpoon kind of thing works in an arcade fighting game doesn't mean it works in a game where there are both ranged and melee people.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Why dont we make an everrunning debuff that falls all over RK and does -1000 rs to all ranged profs?
    Because you'd be getting an overpowered item and the ranged folks wouldn't? Duh.

Just as nonsense as the -500 aao, as it'd make the whole tractor beam useless...weather we get it or not, we still wouldnt be able to kill our opponent.
    Yeah, melee people have never killed anyone in their entire lives. They've all farmed all their titulz and stuff.

That'd b just like giving a canned food to hungry people, but taking the can opener from them.
    Not really. It would be like giving a Porsche to a person who could afford tons of 'em to begin with.

This is a suggestion board. I put out the suggestion. I don't try to do FunCom's job for them. If they like the suggestion, they'll make it however they want. It's not my privilege to try and 'program' or stipulate any constraints on the idea. I am giving the idea. that is all.

The part I always find funny about games is how ranged get roots and melee do not.. Ranged already has the benefit of range AND they get to root n shoot you at that range. Melee gets sub par tools to resist/avoid being rooted or be unrooted after the fact... except ranged can spam roots all day long.. our root removers are not so easily spammable.. Melee typically get terrible NR which pretty much guarantees we get rooted n shooted alot.

I have to admit I feel the melee/ranged mechanics in almost all games are totally backasswards.. I mean.. completely.. Melee should get some form of root because you know.. "we want our target to stay still so we can hit them" and ranged should get the "evasive root resist/removal tools" so they can /gasp not get/stay rooted so they can get out of our range..

If it took ranged professions "MORE" time to kill a melee user than the other way around I could understand but right now Melee users just don't have the dmg dishing potential as ranged or hybrid ranged/melee. As long as AS and FullAuto are as powerful as they are in the hands of those currently using them melee will always want something to even the playing field.

And do not quote S&D as a meaningful equal because its a perk thus it has checks in place that guarantee it never lands on any high evading profession which ranged has more than one of

Because you'd be getting an overpowered item and the ranged folks wouldn't? Duh.
    Yeah, melee people have never killed anyone in their entire lives. They've all farmed all their titulz and stuff.
    Not really. It would be like giving a Porsche to a person who could afford tons of 'em to begin with.
    I wonder...are you really as stupid as the stuff you say?
    Get some reality into your ideas, and feeeeeeellllll the sarcasm...

How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

One problem is that micro-warp breaks attacking meaning you could use it to not only bring a kiter in range but to also use a normal heal kit for a 4k heal..

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    One problem is that micro-warp breaks attacking meaning you could use it to not only bring a kiter in range but to also use a normal heal kit for a 4k heal..
    Hehehe, double melee lub :P

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Give the melee professions a tractor, so they can turn their swords into plows and proceed to provide food for the ranged population.

Code:
          *VROOM VROOM*    __
            ________       ||
    	|  ___	|      ||
    	|  |  |	|      ||
    	|  |__|	|______||____
    	|_____	|	    |
    	/  _  \		 __ |)
           |  / \  |________/  \|
           |  \_/  |       { () }
            \_____/         \__/
    ^^^ zomg bump for tractors in bs!
    Master #1 "Stabbah" Shadeh
    220/30/70 Atrox Shade
    #1 Vindicator Trox Shade!
    Stabbah looted Kyr'Ozch Invasion Plan from Remains of Artillery Commander.

If you can tab 'em, gank 'em!

I wonder...are you really as stupid as the stuff you say?
    Get some reality into your ideas, and feeeeeeellllll the sarcasm...

Says the guy who would want an overpowered item just so he could screw up a bunch of other professions. Also, did you quote the wrong person or what? My thoughts were entirely plausible and reasonable. This whole tractor beam thing, however, is not.

Indeed, if you can't see how melee users getting an item to remove the ranged aspect of ranged weapons would be overpowered, I think you're lost too far into the idiot zone.

There's only one thing left that can be done to you.

KILL IT WITH FIRE.

As for a person who tells others to "feel the sarcasm", you should've realized from the beginning that my comment with the -500 AAO was a sarcastic one based on the whole, other, idiotic idea of giving ranged folks a 40 meter ranged item that lets them hit people without fail, which Righteous went off calling nerfs on.

That, and this one, are pretty much on par with each other in the range of bad, game breaking ideas.

lmao!! tractor beam - a tractor with a railgun on the top?

Says the guy who would want an overpowered item just so he could screw up a bunch of other professions.
    Sorry m8, but you're an idiot if you really took my -1000 rs thingy for real.
    NOBODY sane would EVER even suggest this for real...
    My bad, maybe i should've add "SARCASM" just next to it so that ud get it.

Also, did you quote the wrong person or what? My thoughts were entirely plausible and reasonable. This whole tractor beam thing, however, is not.
    It would not be reasonable to put it in IF there'd be no rubberbanding...
    Its as reasonable as your -500 aao thing lol.

Indeed, if you can't see how melee users getting an item to remove the ranged aspect of ranged weapons would be overpowered, I think you're lost too far into the idiot zone.
    Ahahahaha lol, Kali kill = ok, kill Kali = NOT OK
    Im pretty sure ud whine ur ass if we'd somehow get rid of rubberbanding.
    We'd hear: "new roots/snares they finally manage to k33l us noes h4lp!!11onenoone"

Sorry m8, but you're an idiot if you really took my -1000 rs thingy for real.
    NOBODY sane would EVER even suggest this for real...
    My bad, maybe i should've add "SARCASM" just next to it so that ud get it.

You took my -500 AAO thing seriously. What I was pointing out, and am still, is that this thing is retardedly overpowered. I was serious about it needing some kind of large downside if it somehow got implemented, however, due to the fact that it's so overpowered.

And what made you think I took your idiotic comment seriously and not as what it was? You aren't reading what I'm saying, are you? GJ pointing out the obvious, though.

It would not be reasonable to put it in IF there'd be no rubberbanding...
    Its as reasonable as your -500 aao thing lol.
    So now only melee people get rubberbanded? That's news to me.

This thing wouldn't fix anything. It's overpowered and as such can't even be considered a serious suggestion.

Ahahahaha lol, Kali kill = ok, kill Kali = NOT OK
    Uh, right. If you say so.

Im pretty sure ud whine ur ass if we'd somehow get rid of rubberbanding.
    We'd hear: "new roots/snares they finally manage to k33l us noes h4lp!!11onenoone"

Yeah, sure I would. Because rubberbanding doesn't affect ranged folks at all. And doesn't make you get stuck in teleporters from time to time, making you teleport back and forth multiple times. No matter what your weapon of choice happens to be.

What the hell are you, a retard?

Root grafts + mob-style warpage... No thanks.

Or how about ranged users getting A LOT of items/nanos that remove the melee aspect of melee weapons, i don't know, lets say.... UNBREAKABLE ROOT NANOS? A GUN THAT STUNS?? if you don't think those would be overpowered, i think you're lost too far into the idiot zone.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast