Thread: Negative spells on yourself.

Negative spells on yourself.

You can cast as many nukes, debuffs and etc (negative spells) on yourself, yet can't do it to team members or allies.

Why allow spell casters to hurt themselves while having the message "You can't attack yourself" in the game for non-casting attacks?

This isn't only a annoyance, but is used as an exploit in PVP.

Get rooted?....no problem just debuff yourself with a skill you don't care about. Bingo....no longer rooted.

One would think that a simple call to the code that does team member checks would be all that is needed to fix this problem.

<shouting>
    PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM IN THE NEXT PATCH BECAUSE ITS HUGE AND VERY VERY EASY TO FIX!!!!!
    <end shouting>

Thumbs down

I this is changed, how many melee classes would have a chance in mass pvp (booster pack), or just regular pvp? Just area root, and the melee classes can just stand there and look stupid....
    Yep, that sounds like alot of fun.

Aww man, leave as is.... it's too much fun when your PvP opponent divests himself

Re: Negative spells on yourself.

Originally posted by PleaseNo!

Get rooted?....no problem just debuff yourself with a skill you don't care about. Bingo....no longer rooted.

Can't do that while you are under attack.

While your not under attack, it is just as legitimate as sitting and using a treatment kit.

Re: Re: Negative spells on yourself.

Originally posted by Whatsamatta

While your not under attack, it is just as legitimate as sitting and using a treatment kit.
    Ok, I appear to be clueless, since I just read something in the PvP forum that suggests that you can do this. Is it different for PvP than it is for PvM? If so, by design or an acknowledged bug?

Originally posted by reality
    Aww man, leave as is.... it's too much fun when your PvP opponent divests himself
    I do this all the time. It's a very quick way to end a fight.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Re: Re: Negative spells on yourself.

Originally posted by Whatsamatta

Yes, you can do this while under attack both in PvP and in PvM. I'm not sure where you are getting this information, but it's incorrect.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Re: Negative spells on yourself.

Originally posted by aaronb

Yes, you can do this while under attack both in PvP and in PvM. I'm not sure where you are getting this information, but it's incorrect.
    From the message "Can't break roots while in a fight" while I PvM. The message is lying? Or the behavior has changed? (I admit I haven't even tried since back when I got that message a few times a couple of months ago.)

you cant break roots while you are in a fight, i.e. your attacking someone.

If you arent agged up but someone is beating on you you can still break roots
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Originally posted by Skymarshal
    you cant break roots while you are in a fight, i.e. your attacking someone.

If you arent agged up but someone is beating on you you can still break roots
    Which is, of course, quite different from what it means to be "in a fight" with regard to using treatment kits.

Nice consistency there, sigh.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts