Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RK1] IRRK: Atrox Opens Orphanage in Newland

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] IRRK: Atrox Opens Orphanage in Newland

Atrox Opens Orphanage in Newland
    February 11, 29482 - [Atlantean]

IRRK - Smoke rises, guns are fired, people are killed, bombs explode left and right. This is what has become part of our daily life, and everyone is blaming everyone else for the continued warfare on our planet. They do it for money, fame, or by orders, but most of them forget who is hit the worst by our warfare: the children.

Thomas “Wammie” Elijah, a 52 year old atrox, has decided to do something about it. I recently sat down with Mr. Elijah at his Newland-based Orphanage to better get to know him, who he was, and what he did. His orphanage is based out of a Newland Backyard, utilizing a few apartments within that section for the orphanage itself.

IRRK: Mr. Elijah, do tell me about yourself, where you came from and so on.

Wammie: I come from an Omni-Tek background, working in the Offices of Omni-Mining. I suppose you could say I felt I had a calling doing something else, which is why I came to Newland to open up this orphanage. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life until I came across a young child who was wandering the streets. I had come to find he was a war orphan. From then on I would find orphans left alone and abandoned and take them into my orphanage to educate and house them.

Mr. Elijah nodded affirmatively when making his statement, all whilst kids ran about behind him.

IRRK: Of course, Mr. Elijah. Could you tell me how the citizens respond to this recent opening of the Orphanage?

Wammie: Certainly. Recently we've opened up, of course, but just the other day I ventured out with one of the kids, to get to know our 'neighbours' as it were. We came in contact with some kind folks from the 'Wolf Brigade'. Kind people they were, so I can only assume we are welcome.

(This statement was topped off with a flying Leet Doll hitting Mr. Elijah on the head, he laughed to himself as the child ran off.)

IRRK: Are you not worried for the children, Mr. Elijah? They are far too young to be able to use Insurance Technology.

Wammie: I am fully aware of this and that is why I chose this fine city of Newland. It is safe from much of the conflict, and that's the last thing I need these kids to witness.

IRRK: Thank you, Mr. Elijah, I do wish you luck your noble cause.

Wammie: Not a problem, I just wish the world to know that I am caring for those hurt by this conflict. I am no politician or radical, just a mere Atrox wishing to make some sort of difference.

Excellent.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

It's a good thing this guy's doing.

But if someone with kids is insensible enough to not use the insurance system in order to ensure that they can stick around and raise them, they probably shouldn't have kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    But if someone with kids is insensible enough to not use the insurance system in order to ensure that they can stick around and raise them, they probably shouldn't have kids.
    Unfortunately, there are people who sabotage insurance, so it's not always because they never had it in the first place.

I really like the fact that someone cares enough to do this ((even though it's on Atlantean)).
    Cpt. Darius "Gustavis" Caesar,
    Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation

Interview with Rubi-Ka Times at AO-Universe!

Not to mention not everyone can afford it, even if it is relatively cheap these days

That, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    It's not about being insensible. See this link. Because I would definitly insure our twins as soon as they'll be born.

I wish this orphanage will receive plenty of support. These children seemed to be happy, playful and it's always a good sign. Maybe they'll grow up to appreciate the value of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    It's not about being insensible. See this link. Because I would definitly insure our twins as soon as they'll be born.

I wish this orphanage will receive plenty of support. These children seemed to be happy, playful and it's always a good sign. Maybe they'll grow up to appreciate the value of life.
    They where talking about the parents not insuring not the children

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    They where talking about the parents not insuring not the children
    Aye, I misread that. Well, good thing we can afford insurance. Now, if we could afford the little 0.1% risk and make sure it doesn't fall on us...

It's 0,1% if you die of a heart attack a few meters away right after saving ?

The technology is working indeed but there is situations where it won't cut it.

I have seen a team of scientist dying in an bombing that freed a lot of notum, people being killed by perma death weapons, people dying out of reach of the reclaim grid, people who didn't get reconstructed because they used a damaged terminal, people kidnapped for two weeks then executed, people whose body and soul got corrupted by brink horror and didn't get recognized by reclaim. That's a lot of perma dead people.

Not counting the MIA. Reclaim is sure amazing for an offworlder, but an offworlder also knows that being in combat may increase your chances of premature death.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

RUR will gladly donate a nanny-bot to the Newland orphange. RUR has long established ties with the city of Newland where our headquarters used to be located and are naturally keen show our support in the community.

And what better way to test that the nanny-bot is indeed safe for small children than letting it loose in an orphanage?

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    RUR will gladly donate a nanny-bot to the Newland orphange. RUR has long established ties with the city of Newland where our headquarters used to be located and are naturally keen show our support in the community.

And what better way to test that the nanny-bot is indeed safe for small children than letting it loose in an orphanage?

Dabblez
    I thought the point of orphanages is to keep children safe?

I don't think letting loose one of your infernal machines would be a productive move...

Wammie, a trox to my heart.
    if you ever need help call me, even if its just for a rollerratsoccer game with the kids. I prepared a batch of rollerratsoccerballs but I guess i was a bit too enthusiastic and blew a bit too much air into them but nonetheless rollerratballoons are great fun too!
    The Flying Monkey!

Dabblez
    *blinks* ...test? Suuuuuuure...

Can the bot be used in a game of pinata? Playing the pinata part of course... It would have to let the candy insides fall on the ground after being beaten open by the extatic children. Now, don't cheat and mix screws and bolts with the candies...

Raising kids in an old run down complex with no running water, electricity, and a junk yard for them to play in, conditions could hardly be more ideal. Still, probably much safer than a metropolitan faction city where they're more likely to be victims of a raid or caught in the cross fire, countless more terrifying situations than in an industrial scrapheap. Who's to say they will grow up to learn to appreciate the time given to them? If they're not recruited first to one side of the board or another and thrown into circulation by the time they're of age. We can only hope they will be smart enough to realize these fruitless endeavours and leave the planet before they throw their lives away.

And an Atrox doing this, and educating them too? Bravo, one major step in my book not just for you, but for all Atroxs'. I applaud your bravery, intellect, but most of all your heart.
    Last edited by Armadyl; Feb 12th, 2008 at 07:31:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    I thought the point of orphanages is to keep children safe?

I don't think letting loose one of your infernal machines would be a productive move...

Oh but our robots have been tested. As Omni Admin would not allow us to secure genuine children for the tests, we had to simulate the conditions using very small agents. But it all looked very promising.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Oh but our robots have been tested. As Omni Admin would not allow us to secure genuine children for the tests, we had to simulate the conditions using very small agents. But it all looked very promising.
    Promising? Only a few robot killer rampages this time? I still dont trust you omni's

we had to simulate the conditions using very small agents. But it all looked very promising.
    (( *wipes coffee from screen* ))

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    Unfortunately, as you SHOULD know, insurance technology does not work very well on those under the age of twenty-one. At too young or too old an age, insurance technology is not precise enough to work as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavis View Post
    Unfortunately, as you SHOULD know, insurance technology does not work very well on those under the age of twenty-one. At too young or too old an age, insurance technology is not precise enough to work as it should.
    I believe that is what they were stating... although they misread the original comment that caused them to state that in the first place. Either way I don't think reclaim is really the issue here, but more that theres some press on the good that people can do for the aid of others, rather then just shooting them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast