Thread: Earth&Beyond, anyone playing?

Earth&Beyond, anyone playing?

Ok so im downloading E&B its at like 200 megs right now freaking 1100 mb download but im curious has anyone played it and does it suck? I dont have a clue what it is about i read somthing like its about flying spaceships or somthing but do u fight other spaceships and lvl up or trade with other spaceships or whatever if so it sounds kinda stupid but i give everything a chance...

it's pretty good

I've been playing it off and on since the 2nd wave of beta testers was chosen. I played it for a while but it got boring, but recently they've been doing massive patches (the one right before E3 was about 150MB), but the one thing that really gets me down is the ridiculous lag. Last time I played it (month or 2 ago) I would tap the foreward button and go watch CSI for an hour, come back, and my ship would still be flying around in circles at the edge of the zone. That got me really frustrated so I stopped for a while.

Other than lag, the game is excellent. It has phenomenal graphics, and your ship is completely customizable, so you will VERY rarely see someone in a ship exactly like yours.

Also, there are 3 different types of experience you can gain (which I LOVE) - trade, exploration, and, of course, combat. That way even the weak Jenquai Explorers can gain experience as quickly as the powerful Progen Warriors. Exploration experience is gained by flying around in different zones you haven't been to before. Trade experience is gained by crafting products (the game has an excellent player-driven economy, even in beta), and combat experience is the one you're all familiar with - killing stuff. Whether you gain 30 levels of exploration experience, 30 of trade, 30 of combat, 15 of one and 15 of another, or whatever, you will still be considered level 30, but skills are much more important than levels.

So I would give it a try if I were you, the lag is probably much better now because they have gotten numerous stress tests out of the way (stress tests SUCK but the more there are, the quicker the developers can get the game in tip-top shape). Now that I've written all this I have pretty much convinced myself to try it again, so that's what I'll probably do.

Nice grapics
    Seems interesting, but I haven't really gotten into it yet (not out of the tutorial yet lol)

I felt the game was very impersonal and the universe was gernerally uninteresting. I tried to like it, but just couldn't.

Eve-Online

Eve-Online is what I am patiently waiting for.

LikeMagic - Crat/RK2
    Asfixiation - Fixer/Clan/RK2
    IkeProf - Meta/Omni/RK2
    Adorable - Meta/Omni/RK1
    Triplicat - Crat/RK2