Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agents were meant to be assasins. We are too far from it :(

Re: I'll have to side with Death

Originally posted by Necessity
    Agentofdeath is right on this one. Instakills make the game more enjoyable.

I am however a little disturbed that agents don't have a 30 minute mk shield. They should also fly and shoot fireballs during their reload times.

I was also thinking that since agents are in essence snipers, there should be no cap on their distance and they should have no problem firing accross an entire zone.. while flying... and shooting fireballs.

Im also supprised that no one has complained that agents can't root while fp'ing mp! I feel that agents should be able to use all agent nano's while fp'd, and that they should be able to cancel fp at anytime, while flying, and shooting fireballs.

And better nerf those healers while we're at it, I crit him twice with my super ultra uber r0x0r twinked on lovemaker and he was able to heal some of it, bet that wouldn't have happened if I were flying and shooting fireballs with my 30 minute mk shield!
    ROFLOL, your now in competition with ming for the funnyest damn sarcastic post I have seen! (Ming and his "red button that makes everyones head pop off when the floods come and the swimming skill rules the world" post is the contender)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sniper is either

1) the most sarcastic person on this board (meaning he beats you and ming if he is not serious)

or

2) an idiot.

But I gotta say some of your responses just crack me up.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: hmpf

Originally posted by Luthcian
    Agent.o.D. ...

i am a lvl 91 Atrox Fixer - and you will kill me in PvP.

however im an Atrox, and especially if your using Ruse, id expect to be able to pick up that little barbie doll in front of me and empty my frikken clip down your throat...

is AO ever going to be 'realistic' ?

no.

If you want uberness and one-shot-kills; this is not the game for you.

Fixers were not made to put clips in peoples throat. Fixers were not made to kill Assasins. Fixers should be assasinated by little dolls/assasins. Ive killed all fixers ive seen so I think its pretty realistic (lvl 78 Agent) but I think that the lil PvP dmg cap and all the agent rifle/aimed shot caps need to go.

Definition of a fixer: "The Fixer is the profession to contact if you want something on Rubi-Ka that is a bit unusual. They are able to "arrange matters". It could be some stims that needs to be smuggled into the city, a person that you don't have connections to speak to, or to get something that isn't strictly yours. The Fixer is a person who knows how to get things for the right price in the future urban society of Anarchy Online. On a mission the character is good for disarming traps and opening locks. All in all, an extremely useful character if you are willing to do things that aren't strictly legal. Also, the Fixer is the very best to travel in "knowledge". They can summon items for you, for a price of course. "

Definition of an Agent: "Fast and silent action is the technique of an agent. Sometimes the task will be to get information, other times to assassinate an important person. They use technology in their work, but always try to keep a low profile. Good knowledge of nano technology is also important. "

NOTE: ASSASINATE an important person

Uberness and 1 SHOT kills is what the Agent always has been about. In patch 12.93-13.00 Funcom did this: "Made some changes to PvP! From the input and feedback we got from the PvP thread on the community site: damage output has been reduced to 50% of normal combat. This includes Nanos, special attacks, ranged and close combat weapons. In addition, all special attacks made during pvp will be capped at doing 40% of targets maximum health. This does not include healing. "

Nerfing proffesions like Agents who do more damage than they can take. This game was UBER 1 shot kills.. and I suggest you go play counter-strike if you want balance.

Your class is agent, it is not sniper, it is not assasin.

you are a spy, get it, sneaky spy... well that is what your class is, but YOU are a whiney agent, of the 10th degree.

You have reached master whiner status, you have graduated, now you have to move on to some other board where you can hone your skills some more..

Are you the rebirth of nanostealth? that is the rumor I hear.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

OMG....ok hold on I can't wait to go to your source and pull the MA description. It's funny as hell. BRB.

Martial Artist
    "Ahh, young one. I see your thirst for knowledge is large, and you are prepared to follow the path of the enlightened ones. That is a good quality for a Martial Artist as true enlightenment can only come through knowledge, respect and discipline. Train with me and your body will become a weapon; quick, silent and mortal. Your punches will sting, your attack consistently drain your enemy of life, and your soul attack, well, if done with conviction, it will terminate even the strongest of adversaries. This does not however, exclude the knowledge of armed combat. Many of my students are well versed in the knowledge of the bow, thrown objects and the art of melee weapons. *ooops overwrote some of it* becomes one with your body your nano programs grow stronger and may aid both yourself and your allies in combat through healing, the strengthening of bodies, increased attack speeds and even, if the situation so demands, turning yourself into a veritable force of destruction. Learn the ways of the Martial Artist and you shall never want for more."

Overview
    The Martial Artist is a spiritual warrior, mastering the silent bow and unarmed combat. Some Martial Artists may even decide to follow their path to illumination with melee weapons as an aid. His focus is absolute, making him a deadly foe, especially when he puts his arsenal of nano programs to proper use. However, the same focus makes the Martial Artist pay dearly in all other fields.

Strong fields
    Unarmed combat

Thrown weapons

Bows

Speed

Weak fields
    Ranged combat (except bows) *HAHAHAHHAHA*

Trade skills

Key skills
    Body Development

Martial Arts

Brawling

Dimach

Riposte *HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH!*

Bow *snicker*

Bow Special Attack *WAVE*

All speed skills except ranged and nano initiatives

Nanos
    Armor buff

Combat buff

Damage buff

Healing

Team healing

Health/Nano Pool buff

Speed buff
    So as you can see, your source is clearly not scottish, therefore it's CRRRRRRAP!
    Last edited by Ming; Dec 28th, 2001 at 21:32:52.

I do agree with you that agent should able to cripple ,if not instant killed a low hit point caster.However,I dun think such ability should exist in one on one PVP.
    I believe the original idea for a agent is a class that have ability to sneak thou a group of enermy and temporary disable an important caster in a large scale PVP.When only another agent have high enough skills to spotted(sp?) a sneaky agent ,therefore prevent this suppose assasinate. Unfortunely ,people used these abilities (highly undetectable sneak and instant killed) for other purpose that Funcom failed to foreseen, that is sneak thou hard mission and grief PKing.Correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Leumas; Dec 29th, 2001 at 10:28:30.

Re: Re: hmpf

Originally posted by Agentofdeath

Uberness and 1 SHOT kills is what the Agent always has been about.

Nerfing proffesions like Agents who do more damage than they can take. This game was UBER 1 shot kills.. and I suggest you go play counter-strike if you want balance.
    sissy made me kung foo.
    me naked. me blush.
    me go play counterstrike now.

/me is officially out of this thread now, since I actually have a life and can't be bothered losing my sanity over the wet dreams of a 14 year old PK.
    Zack "Raik" Brumble - "Boom Hippie Bye Bye, the Raik is back!"

Talking

we ned a new rifle with new requirments

rifle 5

aimshot 5

dmg 50-988 (999)

agent only

:-)

hummm...

Agentofdeath:

Although my one and only char is an agent (LVL 78) I must agree with some of the people in this thread...not that I don't agree with you (anyone who seriously plays an agent will agree) it's just that it's no use to complain anymore about agents being nerfed.
    Almost every agent that has a little experience with this BB learned that posts like this one will only bring people from other professions for a flame fest...
    People will lie ("I have a lvl 20 agent and I'm using a QL 200 riffle!!! I kill lvl 900 monsters with two shots! - sounds familiar?) and Funcom will give credit to those lies.
    Funcom has shown several times in the past (nerfing us to oblivion) that they'll sacrifice a profession completely to keep the other professions happy. Posts like yours (with the above mentioned consequences) only lead FC to nerf us even further... To top it over, I don't know a single ARK or GM that plays an agent (why am I not surprised...). As you probably know these guys have great weight in the changes made to professions, because they give feedback directly to the Dev team...(you can figure out the consequences...).
    My advice is: keep a low profile in the BB, and overequip as much as you can to overcome the nerfs and to shove a Tsak or whatever in *someones* throat in the meanwhile...
    Maybe we'll get some nice surprises when the Agent fix comes

Re: hummm...

Originally posted by Kyuss9
    Agentofdeath:

Although my one and only char is an agent (LVL 78) I must agree with some of the people in this thread...not that I don't agree with you (anyone who seriously plays an agent will agree) it's just that it's no use to complain anymore about agents being nerfed.
    Almost every agent that has a little experience with this BB learned that posts like this one will only bring people from other professions for a flame fest...
    People will lie ("I have a lvl 20 agent and I'm using a QL 200 riffle!!! I kill lvl 900 monsters with two shots! - sounds familiar?) and Funcom will give credit to those lies.
    Funcom has shown several times in the past (nerfing us to oblivion) that they'll sacrifice a profession completely to keep the other professions happy. Posts like yours (with the above mentioned consequences) only lead FC to nerf us even further... To top it over, I don't know a single ARK or GM that plays an agent (why am I not surprised...). As you probably know these guys have great weight in the changes made to professions, because they give feedback directly to the Dev team...(you can figure out the consequences...).
    My advice is: keep a low profile in the BB, and overequip as much as you can to overcome the nerfs and to shove a Tsak or whatever in *someones* throat in the meanwhile...
    Maybe we'll get some nice surprises when the Agent fix comes
    Just a little curious what about his post you agree with? One shot kills? Just curious.

From what I see agents crit more than any other profession, do as much if not more damage than a solja or enforcer, have as good of ac's, better weapons (overequiped).

I will give that FP is screwed and needs to be fixed, I also concede that conceal has been messed up though I hear it is better now.

Those are not the things AoD seems to want, he wants one shot kills, and and to bee the best at pvp. I hear him whine, I would like to hear what you agree with about his posts.

ROFLOL

I can't see why everyone assumes that agents are the same as snipers. If they wanted a sniper profession, they would have named it just that.

Agents are (or should be) much more about infiltrating and disguising.

[Off topic] -Eh, ARKs gives feedback to the devs? Last time I talked to them about anything even remotely like a balance issue, they pointed out the nice mail adresses (which I use all the time). Any player can use them, and I assume the ARKs does that too, when their player char has trouble.

feedback@anarchy-online.com for general questions, and flames on bad stuff. I've always gotten a reply within at most one day.-
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Re: Re: hummm...

Originally posted by Yazule

Just a little curious what about his post you agree with? One shot kills? Just curious.

From what I see agents crit more than any other profession, do as much if not more damage than a solja or enforcer, have as good of ac's, better weapons (overequiped).

I will give that FP is screwed and needs to be fixed, I also concede that conceal has been messed up though I hear it is better now.

Those are not the things AoD seems to want, he wants one shot kills, and and to bee the best at pvp. I hear him whine, I would like to hear what you agree with about his posts.

Well Yazule, I agree with the following:

- Agents should be able to do high damage (indenpendently of being deadly or not- that shouldn't even matter) from a long distance. It's obvious that Funcom imagined the Agent profession this way, otherwise we wouldn't have Aimed Shot and Rifle as green skills.
    The same way I think that Soldiers, Enforcers and MAs should be able to do more damage at close quarters than an agent does.

I don't wish agents or any other profession alone to own in PVP. I wish all professions could own in PvP, each profession in a different way.

What should NOT be happening is what is happening now. Because of an inicial unbalance in favour of the Agent profession, that caused a lot of controversy in PvP, every agent (even the ones that never PvPed) have a really hard time to survive in PvM.
    I think you can imagine the consequences that has in doing missions (and therefore in getting money) for example...

- I also agree that agents are in general, nerfed. As I've said before our only special attack (A.S.) is almost useless. Conceal doesn't work right in PvM and it's useless in PvP. Our tradeskills (tutoring, chemistry, etc) aren't implemented yet, ect, ect.

I dont want agents to rule the game, I just want a little more balance, thats all. I think that's understandable.

Happy New Year to everyone (agents or not )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12