Thread: Concerning FullAutos above 10k.

Concerning FullAutos above 10k.

I did some new testing due to a discussion on the german board. ( Thanks to Nevermind, I've just tested his assumption. )
    The original question was if FA can crit. So I ran to the Backyard and shot some Leets.
    I got this:
    Code:
    You hit Leet for 4504 points of projectile damage.Critical hit!
    1 hit: You hit Leet for 4504 points of Full Auto damage.   <- 1 hit
    ---
    2 hits: You hit Leet for 9008 points of Full Auto damage. 
    --
    3 his: You hit Reet of Paradise for 11628 points of Full Auto damage.
    Well... I always thought damage above 10k is multiplied with 1/3. Just doesn't fit with the tested number. A noncrit hit in the 3 bullets is impossible, since I either crit or miss () leets AND can reproduce the 11628 everytime.

So, Nevermind posted that Damage is halved until 11,5k is reached, then reduced again.
    This asked for some testing: I grabbed a gun, tweaked it for 1000 crit damage.
    I got this:
    Code:
    10: You hit Viviparous Lizard for 10000 points of Full Auto damage.
    11: You hit Viviparous Lizard for 10500 points of Full Auto damage.   Nevermind is correct!
    12: You hit Viviparous Lizard for 11000 points of Full Auto damage.
    13: You hit Leet for 11500 points of Full Auto damage.
    14: You hit Viviparous Lizard for 11750 points of Full Auto damage. Halved again
    15: You hit Leet for 12000 points of Full Auto damage.
    16: You hit Leet for 12250 points of Full Auto damage.
    17: You hit Reet of Paradise for 12500 points of Full Auto damage.
    18: You hit Reet of Paradise for 12750 points of Full Auto damage.
    19: You hit Leet for 13000 points of Full Auto damage.
    20: You hit Leet for 13250 points of Full Auto damage.
    21: You hit Reet of Paradise for 13500 points of Full Auto damage.
    22: You hit Reet of Paradise for 13750 points of Full Auto damage.
    23: You hit Leet for 14000 points of Full Auto damage.
    24: You hit Reet of Paradise for 14250 points of Full Auto damage.
    25: You hit Reet of Paradise for 14500 points of Full Auto damage.
    26: You hit Reet of Paradise for 14750 points of Full Auto damage.
    27: You hit Viviparous Lizard for 15000 points of Full Auto damage. Bingo!
    I did a second test with 900 Crit, to see if the damage is halfed, or the relevant hit.
    Code:
    12 Bullets à 900 dmg: You hit Leet for 10400 points of Full Auto damage. 
    15 Bullets à 900 dmg: You hit Reet of Paradise for 11625 points of Full Auto damage.
    Only the damage above 10k/11.5k is decreased, not the whole hit that brings it above these lines.

Why am I posting this?
    Well... I could've sworn that 1/3 is correct, so I'm quite surprised, actually.

PS: No rollerrats where harmed during testing.
    Last edited by Ikarus; Jan 30th, 2008 at 03:11:11.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Very Interesting post Ikarus.

So once 10k is hit, its halved, then once 11.5k its halved again? making it 1/4 after 11.5k. I always assumed 1/3 after 10k, but this new light on the subject proves it wrong.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Really nice test data! Good to know. I've been woundering where those weird numbers I was FAing for come from.
    Stitchgal - 220 Doctor
    Hinx - 220 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
    PS: No rollerrats where harmed during testing.
    Why the heck not? I'd kill them all if I could...
    Member of Angels of the Night ~Clan/Rimor~
    Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Erredent View Post
    Why the heck not? I'd kill them all if I could...
    I still have nightmares from being chased across Athen Shire by a red rollerat when I was lvl 10

Kill em all!!

BTW, great testing, interesting to know
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

hmm..wonder how many lett
    Are you saying that you either crit no bullets or all bullets in a FA?

No he said that he did his tests in the backyard, and there we can only crit or miss those level 1 leets (they have no evades, no AC, nothing).

Full auto can definitely crit (and in the same backyard you can verify that Burst never does).
    Last edited by Ocene; Feb 2nd, 2008 at 03:27:22.

Just some more testing

I did a second test against Fisk, with a crappy min-dmg-gun and a crappy AR. I did hit him all the time, though, except those 3% general misses. The bursts, however, where mostly 2's or 3's, some 1's and only 2 complete misses. ( 65 total )
    Code:
    2 * 0 hits
    11 * 1 hit
    29 * 2 hits
    23 * 3 hits
    Funny thing, I repeatet the test with a lower AR - to compensate the fact that I've more FA than Burst - and the same gun. This time I loaded 3 bullets, and fired some FAs.
    I didn't fire 65 FAs, though, but the results for 25 FullAutos were quite surprising:
    1 * 2 hits
    24 * 3 hits.

It seems that FA is easier to hit than Burst/has a lower def-check. I've used roughly the same Special-AR for both tests, used the same gun, and shot the same Mob.
    It seems logical for FA, since we've got chained hits, as opposed to burst. I assume (!) burst isn't chained: We'd see far more 0 bullet hits, due to randomness, even on mobs where you'd only miss one out of three bullets occasionally.
    Now, regarding FA and it's low defcheck: I had to try multiple times to get all bullets into that leet, after I reached a certain bulletcount. ( 20, I think. ) Now imagine that with a missrate that's higher than 3%. No wonder burst seems to have the higher Defcheck.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Have anyone managed to try the burst/fling on

April Fools - Hyper-Oxidized Flux Pistol?

Or even know how to get it ... i have been wanting to test it for a while for PvP viability.
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

bit early for that

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Marlark View Post
    Have anyone managed to try the burst/fling on

April Fools - Hyper-Oxidized Flux Pistol?

Or even know how to get it ... i have been wanting to test it for a while for PvP viability.
    April fools= dev joke ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    I still have nightmares from being chased across Athen Shire by a red rollerat when I was lvl 10
    My very first memory of Anarchy Online was logging in for the first time, realizing my wife spawned in Tir, I was in West Athen, I went outside, and was running to Tir to meet her (didn't know whompahs existed yet) - The rollerrat queen was my first experience with death
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

actually a nice necro of a pretty recent post that took me time put search.

This halving system for FA works the same with AS/SA as well.

Hah, no wonder leveling solds always tend to get stuck at 13-14k FAs for so long before they can cap 15ks reliably..
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

15K reliably will never happen..at 220/70/30..it doesn't

General question:

Using FA in regular fight situations, does each bullet's damage get calculated individually, or does every bullet do the same damage?

Each bullet gets their damage calc'ed individually from what I've seen. Reason numbers look the same at higher levels most of the time is the simple fact that its min damage.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    Each bullet gets their damage calc'ed individually from what I've seen. Reason numbers look the same at higher levels most of the time is the simple fact that its min damage.
    And they can crit, why you generally see higher 3 bullet FAs then 3 bullet bursts
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.