Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: *** Phyxr's personal soloing method - an overview ***

Quote Originally Posted by Plat150 View Post
    You mentioned that at about level 120 you can solo Ely Hecks. Are these Ely Hecks of lower level than those normally found in Ely. I have conned Ely Hecks and they are level 158.
    I believe you can charm voracious horror with Inveigle Support. If that doesn't work on the VO you can always charm the hecks there because their psychic sucks.

You mentioned that at about level 120 you can solo Ely Hecks. Are these Ely Hecks of lower level than those normally found in Ely. I have conned Ely Hecks and they are level 158.
    I think it depends a bit on the profession you play and how well geared you are. For example my MP soloed Ely hecks at level 100 i.e. the level I chose to upgrade my gear to cast Cacodemon and Belamorte (top RK pets) but if MP himself got aggro he went to hug reclaim very quickly. With doctor I never even bothered to solo them because it was not efficient way to get XP. Engineer probably could have soloed them with slayer too, never tried though because, well, being limited to cocoon if aggro comes to engi just didn't seem tempting...

I guess it really depends on the profession and gear. I play a trader and tried soloing a Heck as suggested near the Redeemed stone in Jagged Coast. I did go to reclaim very quickly indeed.

Cool

With regards soloing ely hecks, yes, it does rely heavily on your equipment skill and profession.
    I have never played a trader that far and so cannot comment. But with respect to other professions, when well equipped, I have been able to solo ely hecks from around 120 with my fixers (root, shoot, hots and evade), soldier (shield up, blast til dead), NT (run around like a girl nuking), enf (bludgeon to rubble).
    As with all of this "guide" your mileage may vary :-)

Cool - just read through the guide.

Is there a guide to finding the areas you mention, for someone that played when there was only RK?

For example, "From Bor I make my way via Jobe to the start of Nascene at Frontier Bridge" ... I don't know where Jobe or Nascene are - they didn't exist when I was playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazull View Post
    Is there a guide to finding the areas you mention, for someone that played when there was only RK?
    Here's a link to AO Universe's Travelling through the Shadowlands:
    http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...&link=2&id=376

If you want more information, their main page is:
    http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel8 View Post
    free bump for soloing in SL dungeons!

for new players, loot the chests, stacks of those sit down kits sell for a decent amount to vendors. Not only that, but they get quite expensive when they get up there in qls. And aside from the usual vendor fodder, you might get lucky and loot a weird looking nano from a chest. Some of those sell for large amounts of money

Been doing alot of statics and ive found quite a few of these nanos, but not sure which ones are worth selling....?

If its a "weird looking..." nano then it may well be worth a bit. Only yesterday I sold a weird looking red tape from an Elysium static for 150m.

Check on the GMS terminals for the going rate. Be sure to look in the "General" category. For some reason Weird looking nanos don't appear in thr "Nano Crystals" category.

This may be off-topic but since static dungeons were mentioned. I would like to ask if the pages of the spec 2 book drop from the sided mobs in the various dungeons in Ely.

This may be off-topic but since static dungeons were mentioned. I would like to ask if the pages of the spec 2 book drop from the sided mobs in the various dungeons in Ely.
    Unredeemed mobs in Nero, outside temple, standing on top of boxes both sides of stairs. Wouldn't know about redeemed.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Yes they do drop, but it would take a while to get all four that way. As eroz says the best place is nero and those to mobs on boxes. They drop 100% and respawn reasonably quickly. If your faction is bad the surrounding mobs may auto attack, but I find that if you are stood on the box with the target mob the surrounding mobs almost immediately lose interest in you even if your faction is bad.

I'd like to add that around level 100-120ish, if ely hecks are too much for your profession to solo, you can try your luck in Scheol eastern brink, east from the boss Nabur. There are lots of 140ish cripplers and croakers (and vortexoids, but even they aren't that bad) which give nice XP. Of course you'll have to sidestep the hecklers and horrors...
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Another bump for SL dungeons as part of your soloing diet.

A great outdoor spot that I have used in the 65-80 range is the rafters just across the bridge from the Unredeemed temple in Elysium (Nero exit). You make a cricle around the plateau the Redeemeds are on, and with a decent kill speed, a full circuit takes just about as long as the repsawn cycle, and they too drop the occasional pearl. For crats who charm, there's a path near there where you can grab a devourer around level 100, and along with a trimmed bot, you can rack up fast outdoor exp with those rafters in that level range. Even clanners could do it, since at that level range you likely haven't made the Unredeemed mad enough to chase after you.

Beyond that range, and maybe the 105-115 range I do in Scheol (in a dungeon), you can stay in Nascence or Elysium dungeons from 35 to 150 or so. The money from pearls adds up.

I remember going to tinker tower and kill the eremites on the beach, sure they blind but never camped and rather many around, but make sure you have the minimap since there below ground, these mobs are around lvl 70-72ish and you can sell at tinker tower to at the yuttos and you have the sanctuary stone for both sides right there to, and the dungeon is there to if you need to bail out

And currently my omni mp is in the dungeon at mirador in scheol, came here at 80 and now i'm 91 plan to stay to at least 100 so i can get ci
    There is also a dungeon with mobs(redeemed sided) to around 90ish if you go from nero towards the beach, don't recall the name but it is close to one of the redeemed garden or sanct stones.

Cool

I dinged 220 today. Here is the view from that last kill. It encapsulates the feeling of solo playing.

So, there you have it.
    Level 1 to level 220 as a solo player. 5 months of enjoyable gaming played almost entirely solo.
    Towards the end I accepted the odd invite to Inferno team missions, but only once every week or so. I think I went LFT twice out of curiosity.

So don't dispair, soloing to end game is perfectly doable (at least as a soldier) and in a fun and enjoyable way. Part of avoiding the grind is not to rush everything. Take it easy, don't miss the scenary.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by phyxrphyxr View Post
    [color=#bedead]
    i dinged 220 today. Here is the view from that last kill. It encapsulates the feeling of solo playing.
    (first)

GRATS!!
    Last edited by alfora; Apr 26th, 2010 at 07:06:47.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

congratulations
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

I tried some solo inferno mishes, several kills and i never got an updated %.

Sprinted to mordeth and he didn't give me a reward either..

whats the deal?
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    I tried some solo inferno mishes, several kills and i never got an updated %.

Sprinted to mordeth and he didn't give me a reward either..

whats the deal?

The missions vary in size. The notification of % complete doesn't kick in for a while.
    I always kill mobs to get the % to 90+ before killing the boss. It's just too annoying to not get the reward for the sake of a few kills.
    Solo missions took me 25-45 mins depending on size and content. Occasionally I'd abandon a mish, for instance if it was full of dryads.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast