Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: *** Phyxr's personal soloing method - an overview ***

My apologies. It is west of Stormshelter.

Find the Unredeemed statue on the west side of Stormshelter.
    Go west from there along a sandy path. The hill with the spiders is on your right.
    You will come up against a wall. Follow the wall north until you find steps that get you ontop of the wall.
    Go up steps and go south along the top of the wall.
    The dungeon door is at the south end of the wall top path.

another road stone ... for one of the most dedicated players around...

bump for keeping up the good job!
    Last edited by Thethe; Apr 21st, 2008 at 11:28:12.

Really good stuff. Thanks for the guide... and the literary advice.

Phyxr may have left the game, but I'd hate to see this thread go bye bye too. Especially with the newer players I've seen posting lately.

thanks, very nice guide :-)
    Thorture - 215.17 Enforcer [ Equip ]

Thread has been rooted
    Guardian Caidek
    Bug Hunters - Exploits Team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka (ARK)

» Advisors of Rubi-Ka «» Social Guidelines «» Rules Of Conduct «

I never was a twink freak i spend my whole playing time with my main (my only toon) but after i came back, this post inspired me and i leveled my alt in 2 days.
    This is a perfect example of a perfect and well aimed post. GJ there Phy.
    My question to you is: what class did u ment in this post? I mean what profession were you playing? Thanks in forward for the reply
    Last edited by Cass; Jul 17th, 2008 at 06:21:41.

This is a good method for about any class of char. With each class unique abilities, it may sway a few levels left or right, but that is a learning curve one needs to devlop to effectively play their toon.
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    I never was a twink freak i spend my whole playing time with my main (my only toon) but after i came back, this post inspired me and i leveled my alt in 2 days.
    This is a perfect example of a perfect and well aimed post. GJ there Phy.
    My question to you is: what class did u ment in this post? I mean what profession were you playing? Thanks in forward for the reply

It's the route I take for any toon I want to level quickly. I don't always want to level fast, and doing it this way takes some of the enjoyment out of the playing. But, as a means to get to a particular level quickly for the purpose of that little project you have in mind, it's a servicable method :-)

dyna camps

if you ever hit a gap in your levels where you dont' have anything good to kill, don't forget about dyna camps!

the mobs around the dyna usually have fast respawn rates, and there are a few places ( like wailing wastes ) where some of the camps are fairly close to each other.

they should give you those few levels in no time, and maybe some good loot

cheers!
    yours (not so) trully,
    Pulex!

Hey, this is a nice post. Though I level a good deal differently, such as, well... sometimes staying on the island till 15, many times leveling in the subway till 26 or so, and then running missions til about 50, or hey... whatever. Bottom line is that what you present here is a really solid way of leveling up and, one thing I've noticed is that many new people get stuck, not sure where to go or what to do. Not only do you speak of what to kill but you also do a nice breakdown of when you upgrade your gear, where you get your implants, etc, etc.

Very solid, man, Nice Job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiimmy View Post
    Hey, this is a nice post. Though I level a good deal differently, such as, well... sometimes staying on the island till 15, many times leveling in the subway till 26 or so, and then running missions til about 50, or hey... whatever. Bottom line is that what you present here is a really solid way of leveling up and, one thing I've noticed is that many new people get stuck, not sure where to go or what to do. Not only do you speak of what to kill but you also do a nice breakdown of when you upgrade your gear, where you get your implants, etc, etc.

Very solid, man, Nice Job.
    yup.. A shame that such an experienced player closed his accounts
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

well, everyone gets tired of something at some point. I've kind of lost track of how many times I've quit... and come back

some great links in this thread. I know its an old thread but I found use of it.

This is a great find! I'm one of those returning players, who has done the low-levels so many times before and would like to get a bit into SL before tiring of the new toon. With this guide, I'll manage fine
    By popular demand: Back after a 3 year break!

Cool

After not playing for a year it was kinda weird to see this thread stickied and be able to make use of it.
    My memory wipe of AO was so complete when I logged back on for the first time it took me a while to figure out how to stand up.

The Hotel California has nothing on AO when it comes to client retention :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxrphyxr View Post

After not playing for a year it was kinda weird to see this thread stickied and be able to make use of it.
    My memory wipe of AO was so complete when I logged back on for the first time it took me a while to figure out how to stand up.

The Hotel California has nothing on AO when it comes to client retention :-)

LoL, welcome back tho

So, the fat Trox Fixer is back in Bor Main Street ?
    Welcome back then !
    Last edited by Ramany; Jul 1st, 2009 at 20:01:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxrphyxr View Post

I'm a curmudgeonly old sod who generally prefers to solo rather than put up with the company of the fools, arses and selfish barskrewts that seem to so liberally populate the game.

After the pain of TOTW I generally reward myself with a bit of alien action and do suffiecient alien Alien Mothership missions to get two or three attunement devices. This has the added bonus of bagging a two or three more alien levels.

Nice soloing guide... What are Alien Mothership missions... where do I go do these?

Quote Originally Posted by Wispah View Post
    Nice soloing guide... What are Alien Mothership missions... where do I go do these?
    LE Miissions at the unicorn outpost

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast