Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: *** Phyxr's personal soloing method - an overview ***

Quote Originally Posted by tiralee View Post
    ... or linked in the "A Guide For New Players" thread.
    A good guide but ... *cringes from the above*
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

At lvl62\63 am I too low for Nasc Hecks....should I be looking for a team rather than trying anything solo...

Just returned to Ao after a long break, so trying to get a handle on how to play the game again.....

Am I better off trying the Hecks or going to Elysium and doing stuff more my level.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Krayfish View Post
    At lvl62\63 am I too low for Nasc Hecks....should I be looking for a team rather than trying anything solo...

Just returned to Ao after a long break, so trying to get a handle on how to play the game again.....

Am I better off trying the Hecks or going to Elysium and doing stuff more my level.

Cheers
    nasc hecks are fine solo up to 75 or so, if youre in a team, find something higher level, maybe rafters or one of the dungeons in ely. in a team at 75 the xp from nasc hecks to too reduced to be worth it imo.
    Russm-Chlorobi-Russaneer-Russypoo-Ivanmcnauty-Secksmachine-Annoyedpocky-Plooshka

Quote Originally Posted by Krayfish View Post

Cheers

If you go to Ely through the Jobe Market portal there are level 60ish wandering mobs around there you can pick off if you are careful. From the bottom of the ramp go north to the path and then turn right and follow the path. There are rafters and other critters. Keep away from the water though as hecks can agro from quite a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxr View Post

If you go to Ely through the Jobe Market portal there are level 60ish wandering mobs around there you can pick off if you are careful. From the bottom of the ramp go north to the path and then turn right and follow the path. There are rafters and other critters. Keep away from the water though as hecks can agro from quite a distance.
    Also want to be careful of teams (or individuals) training Hecks to guards near the Jobe Ramp. At 62/63 one hit is all it takes.

There seems to be a horror passing just beneath the end of the bridge to, guards kill it mostly but worth keeping an eye on the minimap, my enf soloed a heckler and while i was sitting healing up said horror started munching on me

The mini-map is essential in Ely IMO.
    Get the nano and the monsters upgrade before you go there.
    I usually get the map upgrades just befopre I go into the crippler cave dungeon. It saves a lot of time especially when you are not on your own in there.

It doesn't sap too much in the way of IP if you use the MAP NAV implants from the trader and advy shop. I get all the RK maps up to Longest Road at the same time. Not essential though by any means.

On an unrelated note remember that the shadowlands dungeons have periodic respawns. Every ten minutes. So check the clock when you experience the first one and make sure you are in the clear each time they happen.

I'm running into a problem in Elysium at level 75....

Namely, I can't seem to enter hardly any of its dungeons, especially the one you mentioned north of Stormshelter, Phyxr. I've tried seven or eight dungeon entrances so far, and up until now I've only been able to enter one of them. Unfortunately, that one contains Redeemed mobs that aggro, and I can't really kill them, since I'm Clan.

I know I'm at the proper entrances because I'm using Sphere Map, and the doors are smack on the blue dungeon squares. I've tried walking in, running in, crawling in, jumping in, hoverboarding in, walking in backwards... spent about 5-10 minutes straight per entrance. For a total of 45 minutes to an hour, just trying to zone.

I submitted a petition, but nothing yet, of course.

Meanwhile I'm killing those spiders (dangerous) while waiting for a Mortiig team. Would prefer to solo, but apparently the dungeons are broken.

Spheremap has potential dungeons marked. A lot of the time they're just doors that don't do anything.

Check here and here for locations that actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltairi View Post
    Spheremap has potential dungeons marked. A lot of the time they're just doors that don't do anything.

Check here and here for locations that actually work.
    Ah... yes... that would explain that.

Thanks for the heads-up, I was dimly aware that some dungeon entrances on Spheremap were placeholders, but I was convinced at some point that I was at that dungeon north of Stormshelter Phyxr mentioned.

Minimap has it's uses when you come to adonis to, seeing the stray dog before it aggroes sure is a good thing got the vet sl nano on my engi and enfo, best spen't vet points so far

There is a dungeon north of Stormshelter which I level in until I get level 100.
    I spent maybe a good hour looking for it with no result. Can you be more specific on how to get there please?

I had a hard time with this because the entrance to this static is right on top of a zoneline.

Go west from Stormshelter and the Unredeemed Statue. At the end of a little valley with Sun-el's and Cama-el's is a zone line for Southern Elysium. DON'T ZONE! Now look to the right of the causeway that runs parallel with the zone line. There are steps up onto the causeway that leads to the door for the static.
    Last edited by Havilos; Mar 14th, 2008 at 17:07:26.

As a returning player who hasn't touched the game since pre-SL, I want to say a huge Thankyou to Phyxr.

Great thread.

/applaud

Quote Originally Posted by Havilos View Post
    I had a hard time with this because the entrance to this static is right on top of a zoneline.

Go west from Stormshelter and the Unredeemed Statue. At the end of a little valley with Sun-el's and Cama-el's is a zone line for Southern Elysium. DON'T ZONE! Now look to the right of the causeway that runs parallel with the zone line. There are steps up onto the causeway that leads to the door for the static.
    thank you.

Just a note at least 2 dungeons in ely have mobs a bit higher level, say 150+ the dungeon at tinker tower and one close to the yuttos i think in the center of elysium just north of the redeemed temple, could be a surprise if you enter at 50-70

A spot i used to frequent alot was tinker tower the beach just east of it has a lot of eremites, sure they blind but that is a minor thing, with minimap there easy to spot and there are plenty for a soler, there in the 70's and you can sell stuff at the yuttos at tinker tower.
    They drop a lot of monsterparts and some pattern pieces but those are not to common.

Awesome guide. Always wondered if RK missions up til Ely hecks was the only way. Thanks for saving me weeks of endless RK mission grinding lol. I still think like a ol 02 player

Bumping this because it's a nice guid
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Can't find the dungeon north of stormshelter either. There's a blue square on the map, where its surrounded by hylathins, but can't get into the door for some reason.
    You know you've been playing too much AO when:
    - You wish you had GSF while walking to school
    - You see a guy in a suit and wonder if has a ...bureaucratic bodyguard somewhere >.>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast