Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why the Jobe Explorer Personal Pistol is bad for Adventurers

Whats the point in having 1800 MR req when the higest req atm is ofab peregrine which is 1600 and easily reached?

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    Whats the point in having 1800 MR req when the higest req atm is ofab peregrine which is 1600 and easily reached?
    where s the challenge if it s 700 or 1600 MR :P
    Last edited by Number317; Feb 8th, 2008 at 03:27:08.
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317
    In progress pew pew advy soli
    Wish list : new Shen +DD "MA only", Proc stun, 10 Attack blockers and go hell heals !

God you are as stupid as you are........stupid...

When you dual-wield the weapon with the LOWEST requirement in Multi ranged is used.

So in the case of your proposed weapon, the highest MR u need is 1600 to equip the peregrine

OK, we all agree that JEPP is bad. Now instead of having a rhetoric discussion on Multiranged and the like; what are we, and what are you Glarawyn, doing about it ?
    It's been same whining for the last 3 or 4 years, and nothing has moved : we still have the same pistol from TL4 till 220/30/70, with the same shortcomings (FA misses, MBS capped to 1000, no FA buff for Advy,....)
    So, are the devs willing to even listen to us, or is the "OMG NERF ADVIES PL0X" switch still on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramany View Post
    So, are the devs willing to even listen to us, or is the "OMG NERF ADVIES PL0X" switch still on ?
    Its still on and probably will be untill the end. Its beyond me however how soldiers have managed to get so many dam nice items for themselves (DS, Ofab is hardcore, AMS...) when they are also one of the top PvP classes. I guess adventurers just don't bitch enought like the soldiers

When I feel bad, I go on the Engineers forum : makes me feel better after a few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmyth View Post
    Its still on and probably will be untill the end. Its beyond me however how soldiers have managed to get so many dam nice items for themselves (DS, Ofab is hardcore, AMS...) when they are also one of the top PvP classes. I guess adventurers just don't bitch enought like the soldiers
    You forgot new stun perks for soljas...
    Skpuppy - 220/29/70 Adventurer

U forget...sols got most their phats with LE...where Advys (melee) have been well off for a loooong time....
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    U forget...sols got most their phats with LE...where Advys (melee) have been well off for a loooong time....
    They got updated items yes, so wheres ours? Soldiers were never bad off in the first place. They could tank a whole raidforce with a doc or two, lol...

I guess adventurers just don't bitch enought like the soldiers
    Most advs don't bitch because they have nothing to bitch about.

Most of advs are melees.

They got updated items yes, so wheres ours? Soldiers were never bad off in the first place. They could tank a whole raidforce with a doc or two, lol...
    Chk out my sig...my 1st toon was/is a rnged advy, played both for several yrs now. Before LE, soldiers were a mid-lvl, solid proff. Fun to play and reliable in PvM, and with work, 'ok' in PvP. Yes, I agree that RANGED advys need lub. Not that ALL advys shouldnt get attention, but ranged NEEDS it to remain viable. And, for the record...Ive killed LOTS more soldiers on MY soldier than i have advys.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Yes yes advy are fine but lets be realistic, using a same items, in same hand, for years .... there s no prof in game still using same weapons for like 5 years ago

well new gun, with better MBS (2600 like every one), projectile Dmg type (+DD for 2xarules), larger clip( wtb 15K FA)and a little FA buff (+80FA plz ftw) will be welcome and it will only improve DD in pvm and won't change too much in pvp !

wherever, i enjoy my range advy and in all case it > to my MA
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317
    In progress pew pew advy soli
    Wish list : new Shen +DD "MA only", Proc stun, 10 Attack blockers and go hell heals !

Quote Originally Posted by Number317 View Post
    Yes yes advy are fine but lets be realistic, using a same items, in same hand, for years .... there s no prof in game still using same weapons for like 5 years ago
    Ma's still use their fists :P

Im a ranged adv .. have been sins long long long time. For those that know my toon well enouph know that i refuse to use AS based range weapon setups ... I use my Jepp and my mk6. And to my knowledge im not doing extremly bad however it doesnt mean i dont see problems with the jepp... Personaly i think that fc should make a upgradable version of the jepp that instead of the 10 bullet clip have a 15 bullet clip for FA and a small raise in the MBS value. Personaly i think that would be enouph. And this argument about MR... emmm well i look like it like this... MR should be weighted in the AR in some very small way and then it would be optional if adv dumps MR for caping AR for their weapons or not. This way a FA could have a more interesting possability of beeing usefull in PvP. and not over effect the PvM side of a Adv.

The pure problem as i see it is that we dont hit with enouph FA bullets!!! The above might solv that a litle
    Last edited by Marlark; Feb 22nd, 2008 at 05:14:01.
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

here's something the solda prof once told me. the FA dammage is based on ur bullets AND FA skill. atm advys simply do not have the skill to land 15k FA period. so a larger clip isnt going to help that much.

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    you, dear sir, are a moron because
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    3) are bored and have decided to troll?
    4) suffer from ADD and dyslexia?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    why it's almost like a form letter, and i can sign it as-
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgdgdg018 View Post
    here's something the solda prof once told me. the FA dammage is based on ur bullets AND FA skill. atm advys simply do not have the skill to land 15k FA period. so a larger clip isnt going to help that much.
    I think you guys should consider changing that "professional", because that is utter bullshait.

Quote Originally Posted by Number317 View Post
    eng use the top rk slayer from tl4 to 200
    and have been using it form 5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Soosis View Post
    I think you guys should consider changing that "professional", because that is utter bullshait.
    soldier professional. not advy professional and i might have misunderstood. heres a copy paste of the conversation i had with ocene. i tend to ramble so be patient

To [***]: when u have time i'd like to ask u some stuff about FA
    [***]: sure go ahead
    To [***]: great. first somone once told me- FA can crit. that true?
    [***]: FA ca definitely crit
    [***]: burst never does
    [***]: easy to prove in the back yards
    To [***]: ty. second Q. FA dammage is based on bullets and FA skill right? aka even if i get a 30clip wepaon with 500-500 dammage and 15 bullets land i wont get 15kFA with 1000FA.
    [***]: yes the more FA skill, the more bullets
    [***]: and damage and crit chance will help reach 15K faster ofc
    [***]: akso
    [***]: also
    [***]: beyond 10 bullets (I think
    [***]: damage is halved
    [***]: then halved again later
    [***]: there is a post in the soldier's forum with all the numbers
    To [***]: ah
    To [***]: i shall search
    [***]: yes
    To [***]: also last Q. as an advy i have 1589 FA skill. now i hit 1400 per bullet with jepp.
    To [***]: if the clip is increased to 15 or even 20 and all bullets land. do i have the skill for 15k FA?
    [***]: no well depends on the weapon...I think some Advy weaps are capped to 12K only
    To [***]: how capped?
    [***]: so 12K will be your max with the jepp
    [***]: 12K damage
    [***]: and 15K for PB/shark etc
    To [***]: hmm what about pistol soldas? that pistol capped too?
    [***]: yes that's 12K too
    [***]: like the Jepp
    To [***]: whats cappin it? the number of bullets?
    [***]: not the number of bullets, just the damage
    [***]: you can hit with a Dshark for 9 bullets or 26 and cap will be the same at 15K
    To [***]: hmm i see
    To [***]: wow seems like i have some reserch to do. thanks fot the talk man. also may i quote u on forums?
    [***]: which forums?
    To [***]: casuse basically the argument i made was "upgrading the clip of jepp or mbs is simply not enough, we need more FA if we want to do 15k FA's". the advy forums
    [***]: yes
    [***]: more FA = more bullets = more damage = faster to reach cap
    To [***]: ya thats i figured. and atm even if an advy uses a shark he wont have enough FA skill to do 15k FA
    [***]: well, hmmm but
    [***]: he has more bullets that could land
    [***]: cause the clip is 50
    [***]: so even though he will NEVER fire 50 bullets,
    To [***]: ya but no of bullets that land is also based on FA skill regardless of AR right?
    [***]: he might still have enough bullets for 9-10
    [***]: 9-10 bullets = 15K
    [***]: less if you crit
    To [***]: oh
    To [***]: well thanks for the great talk
    [***]: np btw
    [***]: a great eye opener is to go to BY
    [***]: and kill mobs there...you can either crit or miss
    To [***]: yeah i think ill go do that
    [***]: and so you can make some tests with 1,2,3 etc bullets
    [***]: you will see that FA crits!!
    To [***]: lol ya been wanting to try that

so as u all can see some testing is required cause if we are asking for an upgrade might as well make sure it's a real upgrade and not just for show.

and ya i will ofcourse do some testing myself, but it will take a few weeks as i simply have too much catching up to do.

but if somone * hint hint * equips a shark, goes to back yard does some FA's with max clip. plays with crit gear. does a bunch of FA's with 1 bullet, it would be cool.

edit1: by somone i mean advy doh
    edit3: edited 2edit. no point in replyig to tards
    Last edited by dgdgdgdg018; Feb 22nd, 2008 at 14:48:21.

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgdgdg018 View Post
    [***]: no well depends on the weapon...I think some Advy weaps are capped to 12K only
    To [***]: how capped?
    [***]: so 12K will be your max with the jepp
    [***]: 12K damage
    [***]: and 15K for PB/shark etc
    To [***]: hmm what about pistol soldas? that pistol capped too?
    [***]: yes that's 12K too
    [***]: like the Jepp
    To [***]: whats cappin it? the number of bullets?
    [***]: not the number of bullets, just the damage
    Well, that can't be true, because I hit into the 12K range now, and have (when buffed to the eyeballs) hit into the 13K range.

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonora View Post
    Well, that can't be true, because I hit into the 12K range now, and have (when buffed to the eyeballs) hit into the 13K range.

Theo
    i have too. infact self buffed my 10 bullet FA is can hit 12890 and it can also hit for 10k power buffed with supression horde and frenzy running . however like i said all this needs to be tested. the above could be due to +dammage items

the bottom line is we are not soldiers and we are not melee advys. there is just not infomation in the advy forums about stuff like this. i propose we ranged advys together change that for the baby advys who get frustrated and switch to melee.

i must confess though, im looking forward to testing 1bullet FA's

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast