Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why the Jobe Explorer Personal Pistol is bad for Adventurers

Why the Jobe Explorer Personal Pistol is bad for Adventurers

I had to dig far to hard to find my little JEPP rant, so here's an updated repost.

Quote Originally Posted by greldik
    Why is Jepp the worst thing to happen?
    It totally negates our profession advantage of high multi ranged skill, and thus our damage progression is totally skewed. Ideally, we should be leveling and upping the quality of both of our pistols, achieving our peak when we can dual wield QL300 Ofab Peregrine Mk 6 pistols.

Instead our damage takes a huge leap forward as soon as a JSPP/JEPP is placed into our hands, and then the progression largely levels off as the MBS (Maximum Beneficial Skill) cap of 1000 on the JEPP is very limiting. The only thing keeping us using this thing is that the more full Auto Skill we have, the faster that Full Auto cycles, and the better our damage is.

The JEPP's regular shot damage sucks compared to a QL300 Ofab Peregrine Mk 6, but the Full Autos make up for that short coming fairly easily. Pistol Adventurer damage is now completely dependent on Full Auto. This is the specialty of Soldier territory, and while it works most of the time for Adventurers it breaks down horribly in encounters we just don’t have enough Full Auto skill to land a full auto. PvP, Peter and Ris Lee, and lots of L300 Alien Generals are great examples of this.

It’s also a great hindrance in moving the Adventurer profession forward weapon wise. Who in their right mind is going to drop the power of the JEPP in favor of the latest and greatest weapon that only starts to out perform a Ql160 pistol when you get into weapon qualities of 260-300. A JEPP landing Full Autos will still do better damage than an QL300 Ofab Peregrine Mk 6 in your offhand.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

would also say that the difficulty in equiping the peregrine mk 6 means that against those mobs which can dodge the full auto means that "hot swapping" for those encounters is not as productive as it could be.
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Just change the JEPP and make it an extremely fast recharging Burst Only pistol which would make it excellent for its level.

Then change the Deadeye perk action to be an unavoidable, 2-3k perk hit in PVP that requires two pistols to be equipped, and now you have no reliance on FA, or a Onehander.
    I am the baron.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
    Just change the JEPP and make it an extremely fast recharging Burst Only pistol which would make it excellent for its level.

Then change the Deadeye perk action to be an unavoidable, 2-3k perk hit in PVP that requires two pistols to be equipped, and now you have no reliance on FA, or a Onehander.
    The peregrine already have Burst (and if you use a Q300 im sure its capped to the hardcoded burst cap)

And a 2-3k perk can hardly replace an AS...

perks dont land on evade profs with all defences up - AS does. (you are asking for a new special attack) (like when backstab was made)
    And - as AS is somewhat bugged as I see it, you can ultimately perform a cap through cocoon...

I dont think a ranged advy can perform without a FA/AS today in pvm/pvp.
    Main character:
    Zeylenne 220 Doctor ex-President of Ragnarok, a scandinavian Omni organization

Wanna join? Ragnarok Recruitment

Active alt characters:

Lilleg2 220 MA
    Polfarer 218 Adventurer

Regarding PvM, I remember that the type 1/type4 combo was discussed pre-LE, and that it had the potential to OD the type 4/JEPP combo, especially since FA seemed to miss alot, or atleast give alot of low bullet FAs, something that hasn't changed. With 5 gemmed Arul Sabas and the Peregrine being relatively easy to dualwield, has anyone (other than docs and engies and whatever) tried dualwielding a pair and seen how it works out?

Quote Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
    Regarding PvM, I remember that the type 1/type4 combo was discussed pre-LE, and that it had the potential to OD the type 4/JEPP combo, especially since FA seemed to miss alot, or atleast give alot of low bullet FAs, something that hasn't changed. With 5 gemmed Arul Sabas and the Peregrine being relatively easy to dualwield, has anyone (other than docs and engies and whatever) tried dualwielding a pair and seen how it works out?
    You would loose a special, but gain regular damage... but i have serious doubt that you can gain enough regular damage to replace a FA + the lower regular damage from jepp.
    Main character:
    Zeylenne 220 Doctor ex-President of Ragnarok, a scandinavian Omni organization

Wanna join? Ragnarok Recruitment

Active alt characters:

Lilleg2 220 MA
    Polfarer 218 Adventurer

My post about dual peregrines

Shortly: Calculation based in medium inferno mission. Getting rid of JEPP and equipping another peregrine mk6 I would lose aprox 25% of my damage. For details read the post.

btw I disagree with the wording of the topic: JEPP is not bad for adventurers - without it we'd only do three quarters of the damage we do now - so it's very good.
    Bad is the fact that the best option for us is many years old and we ahvent gotten any upgrades since.

Idea about our high multi ranged ability vs the low requirement because of jepp... So I say either
    -FC change game mechanic so that higher multi wield requirement has to be met to wield 2 weapons (nerf to all other profs who wield 2 weap) or
    -Give us upgrade to jepp: 2600 mbs and/or 25 clip with 1800 multi ranged requirement

Both ways would give us reason to use advy specialty of dualwielding mastery.
    (Obviously i'd prefer the second way since everyone hates nerfs and ranged advys could use some love too)
    Resident of Rimor
    Ranged TL7 Adventurer Jonalethian
    Pewpew TL7 Doctor Mirkka
    Nerfed TL7 Agent Steinberg
    Parked TL7 Traderskiller Jonaleth
    General of the clan Coven of Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Zeylenne View Post
    I dont think a ranged advy can perform without a FA/AS today in pvm/pvp.
    Thatzme is not using a one-hander in pvp and he seems to be ... totally over powered

Updated JEPP would be nice though
    President of ShadowMercs

Quote Originally Posted by Ixiaan View Post
    Thatzme is not using a one-hander in pvp and he seems to be ... totally over powered
    And I bet his FAs just rawk those MAs/Keeps/Advs/Shield MPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonalethian View Post
    btw I disagree with the wording of the topic: JEPP is not bad for adventurers - without it we'd only do three quarters of the damage we do now - so it's very good.
    Yes JEPP is good. The JEPP is too good. Since the JEPP has come out we've had two major expansions, and we're still using the JEPP because it's better than anything FunCom has released and what FunCpm has released doesn't come close to the JEPP.

Super Powerful Pistol with low MR and Pistol requirments that out performs the next best options by a wide margin... overall just not good.

The only good thing now days is that other professions damage has shot up so replacing the JEPP with something more powerful isn't totally out of the question.
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn View Post
    The only good thing now days is that other professions damage has shot up so replacing the JEPP with something more powerful isn't totally out of the question.
    can we understand your sentence as a semi official spoiler?
    Nwalker, 1/2, ranged adventurer, president of =ACF= Clair de Lune
    randomletter: I kind of disagree advs are overpowered. IN my hands, yes.
    Entventurer: If ranged (advis) get the same pvp killpower as melee (advis), there will be absolutely no point to melee in pvp.
    Valhallur: If you go with trox, be sure to take the two week course "Humblebien's lessons in the advanced art of how to hit MR".
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by nwalker View Post
    can we understand your sentence as a semi official spoiler?
    Nope.
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

Well all i can say :

- 10 bullet in JEPP sucks alors , i ve never done more than 12K FA ... why i dunno, not enough bullet, not enough FA skill ...

- MBS suckkkks and JEPP dmg + dmg type sucks

- FA will land on mobs if u use good stuff ( CSS+Extr eye ... ) for a max FA skill, but on highers bosses ... it miss too much

well, that all, but at lower lvl, i guess JEPP is overpowred ( ha let me remeber when i put JSPP and FA some ely tiigs )

<<< Noob point of view
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317
    In progress pew pew advy soli
    Wish list : new Shen +DD "MA only", Proc stun, 10 Attack blockers and go hell heals !

Quote Originally Posted by Number317 View Post
    Well all i can say :

- 10 bullet in JEPP sucks alors , i ve never done more than 12K FA ... why i dunno, not enough bullet, not enough FA skill ...
    It's a combination of low MBS and low magazine of 10.

according to this testing
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=520480
    bullets get nerfed after 10k damage by the following way:
    damage*1/2 after 10k, damage*1/4 after 11.5k

Since you have 10 bullets, you will need an average damage of 1500 per bullet.
    Always assuming mindamage, a normal hit will do 700, a crit will do 1050 after 1k AR.

The problem:
    only the first 1000 damage per bullet counts normally.
    the next 300 damage is halfed=150
    the next 1400 damage is quartered=350

So to get a 15k damage FA with a JEPP, you will need 2700 damage per bullet.
    Even with 100% crit chance, you will need 1650 add damage, never ever gonna happen. (maybe with beckoning+supp horde+Opi SB )

Quote Originally Posted by Number317 View Post
    Well all i can say :
    <<< Noob point of view

Having fun with editing aside, the 12k FAs your doing is due to not enough bullets, not your FA skill (assuming you have put IP in FA). +dmg is nerfed when passing 10k, so bullets is what you need, or team a trader with whatever that sick +dmg stuff is for a brief 15k FA.

I believe Im around the skill of a 23 bullet FA, if I dont remember the calcs incorrectly, so even us advs with no buff support, no perk support and research support, has the potential to do high FA's, if we had the weapon for it.

Very very few bosses consistenly evade FA, like the big Lee's.

EDIT: Nerf going afk in the middle of writing a reply, and when you finally post it, someone said it allready :/

I agree with Glara. Make a viable offhand please, I'm sick of FA.
    Spiral Lniya Dancer - Advy - equip - Dancer of the Black Spiral
    Tinky Numara Winky - Soldipex || Little Miip Tranqlet - Kepper
    Lanfear Lyvani Mosvani - NT || Vashti Ceneria Scales - Fixer
    Gogo Bollmongo Yubari - Doc || Luna Ayae - Enfipex - RAWR!
    Nid Noih - Trader|| Cookie Piika Cutter - Advy

And some more alts.

Proud Veteran of Punk, Aeon, Punk, Tranquility, Renaissance

WTB clip with 50 bullet !

Reloading before each FA is annoying to :P
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317
    Wish list : new Shen +DD "MA only", Proc stun, 10 Attack blockers and go hell heals !

Without making any changes to the JEPP there isn't any point in making a less than QL300 pistol. A JEPP replacemnt would have to outperform the JEPP at every player level that can equip a Jobe pistol. So we either get another low req pistol, or OFAB like steps in quality, or just a high end special pistol (Dreadloch?).

Low req pistol would in the end be a rehash of all the issues that the JEPP introduces.

Stepping up quality isn't the worst option, but it leveling adventurers are put at a disadvantage compared to L220 Adventurers who go right to the QL300 version.

High end only doesn't help leveling adventurers any...

So maybe start with a QL200 pistol that isn't the JEPP, and setup an upgrade path for the thing to go from QL160-QL300 without having to buy a new pistol every time.
    Upgrade 1: 200 to 225
    Upgrade 2: 225 to 250
    Upgrade 3: 250 to 275
    Upgrade 4: 275 to 300

Level requirements aren't needed. Multiranged skill is, in my opinion, more effective. Use the skill as it was intended.
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

uh nm.. me not thinking straight.
    Spiral Lniya Dancer - Advy - equip - Dancer of the Black Spiral
    Tinky Numara Winky - Soldipex || Little Miip Tranqlet - Kepper
    Lanfear Lyvani Mosvani - NT || Vashti Ceneria Scales - Fixer
    Gogo Bollmongo Yubari - Doc || Luna Ayae - Enfipex - RAWR!
    Nid Noih - Trader|| Cookie Piika Cutter - Advy

And some more alts.

Proud Veteran of Punk, Aeon, Punk, Tranquility, Renaissance

a dread pistol with 1800MR to equip , 2600 MBS and FA ( why not AS too :P) would be really nice, by the way only 220 toons will be able to equip it. for advy and solja only plz :P
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast