Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated AO engine movie

After seeing the new clouds, I must say that I hope the Dev's don't make it 'too' earth-like - after all this is an alien world. The current 2 suns and 3 moons should all be doing their thing and the weather should be eye-catching but still a bit different than what we would expect on Earth.

All I can say is: .....

I like Sil's approach. When he first announced the upgrade, he said that the changes will more technical than visual, only to totally ...shal I say.. "pwn" us with this video.
    Thumbs up and lots of hugs for the developing team.

Sil must be the only real Grand Master in AO it seems just pwnt everyone in the whole game at the same time.

I'm gonna need a new PC.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

OMG SEXYTIME!

wtb now!

/saves for a better comp
    SilentSlash 220 Solitus Shade
    SilentSlashy 220 Atrox Shade
    Rarara 220 Solitus Crat
    Kinkypron 220 Solitus cyb0rEngi
    Nerfuuu 220 Atrox TS-Trader
    also FT. taxslash 200 crat / darkblu 150 fixer / freetrial 101 - fgrid biattch

I'm Back... again ^_^!

Personally I don't think people should worry about being out of date

DirectX 9.0 4.09.00.0900 (RC4) December 19, 2002

That was the release date for Direct X9 do so many people still use systems older than 5 years?

I would think if your system is less than 5 years old you should see a definite benefit obviously maybe not to the standard in the videos. Only thing that you might need to do is get an updated video card, wouldn't even have to be top spec.

woop lots of lubs xD
    Ellie - "I found a type of fish i like!"
    Me - "Oh really? What is it?"
    Ellie - "Duck!"
    /me puts his head in his hands.

- Psycratage (Equip) - 220/27/70 - Bureaucrat
    - Psymonosamsh 220/22/60 -Enforcer
    - Psyfistage 211/13/42 - Martial Artist
    - Psymonodoc - 185/11/40 - Doctor
    - Psymonuke - 168/9/32

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminka View Post
    Personally I don't think people should worry about being out of date

DirectX 9.0 4.09.00.0900 (RC4) December 19, 2002

That was the release date for Direct X9 do so many people still use systems older than 5 years?

I would think if your system is less than 5 years old you should see a definite benefit obviously maybe not to the standard in the videos. Only thing that you might need to do is get an updated video card, wouldn't even have to be top spec.
    In December 2002 these gfx cards were the things to have iirc:
    - Geforce FX (I bought this one and have since then had: Geforce 2, Geforce 3, Geforce 4, 6800 and atm I'm using a 7800 GS)
    - ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

I would think most have equally good or better gfx cards in their PC's today...
    Anyway... It's possible to get equally good or WAY better cards today extremely cheap...
    Last edited by Mekh; Jan 21st, 2008 at 13:35:26.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

awesome gfx!
    is that gamebryo?
    Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Amazing.

Two thumbs up.
    220 Crat, 216 MP, 174 Trader, 165 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    In December 2002 these gfx cards were the things to have iirc:
    - Geforce FX (I bought this one and have since then had: Geforce 2, Geforce 3, Geforce 4, 6800 and atm I'm using a 7800 GS)
    - ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

I would think most have equally good or better gfx cards in their PC's today...
    Anyway... It's possible to get equally good or WAY better cards today extremely cheap...

You are right, I have the 9700 Pro and got my computer Jan03
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Woooooohooooooo!

I'll break it to my 7950GTs in SLI that they better start working the flab off now.
    "Sadly, the patch "stop others [from] being idiots" has been delayed."
    -Gurudee

"I think so, but every time they get a duel invitation popup it plays "Wanna Fanta" a few times over... "
    -Kotts (regarding Froobs+Dueling)

"The fail is strong in this one."
    -Pafpuf

Question

probably too early to ask, but any time frame for release on this update ?

Not soon enough

The looks are great, the thing that bothers me still is:
    Are we still going to keep the same constant zoning?
    Since to move to everywhere you have to zone 2-5 times its a bit time consuming and a feature most new games try to reduce to its minumun expression, of course i don't mean to remove all zoning but maybe expand the zones Example make Rome Green > Red > and Blue 1 complete zone so we dont have to zone 2, 3 times to travel.

I'm sure zoning will be as always, just smoother and faster.

hmm..wonder how many lett
    I wanna see 50+ players fight please. Only way to tell if there is an improvement from today imo Also zoning is an important element.

But so far kudos to FC for your work

WOW! This looks sweet! I'm gonna have to log on a lot more pretty soon!

Oh and I just love the "Still Alive" sign at the end of the video FC pwns!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Looks so much better, I liked how it ended in Tir right by the part of town where I first emerged from a BY way back when.

A
    L
    STILL
    V
    E

Almost like FC saying, 2 years past the story line and still here.
    heh kewl

peace
    cal2
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

It looks great so far.

I am curious if they will be taking the multiple suns of Rubi-Ka into consideration when they are doing the shadows. During the "hottest part of the day", there would be multiple shadows... one from each sun.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast