Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated AO engine movie

This looks excellent. Great work to you and your team Sil

Now go out there and advertise this to hell and back so we get some new shiny people with new shiny textures to play with
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Looks great, maybe it'll bring more players.

1000 Active on rk1 atm is, well an insult.

Osman: I love you

Seriously though, excellent work. A friend of mine who i showed AO ages ago was like 'meh this looks crap' and gave up after playing for 20 minutes. Showed him the new videos (he is currently a WoW gamer) and his reply is 'holy crap' and is now re-downloading AO.

Osman, if i ever meet you, I'll buy you a drink of your choice, and probably a few more too

This will breathe new life into Anarchy Online, as someone has mentioned before, it will effectively be a relaunch, a new game, except with an existing player base

=O.

That's awesome.

Kudos to the programmers.

And yeah, It'd be nice to know the min requirements for that engine, as I know people who are running AO on a laptop so may not be able to use a highly powerful engine or such.

And Does this mean the Shadowlands will be getting a simmilar face-lift?
    <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>
    "Coll1000" Zephyr 215/22 Fixer
    "Tiellae" 180/6 Martial Artist
    "Exachix" Zephyr 132/?? Doctor
    And many many alts.
    of Pantheon.

This with alot of RK content could be AO redux. Can't wait and hope you guys push the publicity on this, would be kinda a first to have a game revamped so much and I'm sure mmo sites will lap up the idea of ongoing development that gives a game a new lease of life.
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Leddja View Post
    Any existing character pic/video from the new engine??
    I think you can spot a couple of unicorns, as well as some bare npc's. Guessing that they are placed here and there but no clothing textures yet.

Will it support wide screen resolutions properly?
    Such as 1920*1200 or 2560*1600.

Looking great btw.

Quote Originally Posted by samsunggg View Post
    Will it support wide screen resolutions properly?
    Such as 1920*1200 or 2560*1600.

Looking great btw.
    Dunno about 2560 x 1600, but I already play AO @ 1920 x 1200... What I want to know is if it'll support a full size window on multi-monitor/video card systems (I currently have two monitors side by side with a desktop resolution of 3520 x 1200).
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

1650x1050 with current engine and lagfree with full settings
    with the new engine it should be even faster

oh and PLEASE SIL MAKE AO SUPPORT QUAD CORES!!!!
    this would be what i want,it looks ubah as the game is

Sil this is AMAZING !

One thing though : Will it be optional for those customers with outdated computers ?

I can't wait to see the new engine
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We arent developing specifically for DX10 no, it will be updated to DX9 with the options for later development down the line. The first priority is bringing it up to date in the first place. So the new engine will not require or utilise DX10 when released.

This is so SWEEET, I'm just sitting here grinning from ear to ear while looking at the footage

Kudos to FC for this upgrade, I just can't wait for it!
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    One thing though : Will it be optional for those customers with outdated computers ?
    I doubt it. They might run side-by-side for a while, but it'd be a tech support nightmare to support both engines at the same time. Not to mention, how would you update? Give everyone both (and double the size of your AO dir)? Double the amount of programming and QA? Double the time it takes to test something? Double the bugs?

It'd be really cool if they did, but I really can't expect them to.

wonder how much it will increase the requs to run ao .... cant afford to upgrade my second computer atm ;P
    Life is a Playerkiller

Legends may sleep, but they never Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorgnom View Post
    wonder how much it will increase the requs to run ao .... cant afford to upgrade my second computer atm ;P
    shouldnt at all tbh , the problem with the current engine was that it was so old trying to run and push the best graphics on it as possible. and that created alot of graphics lag , once this new engine come out , it'll smooth the edges out on the engine that was having some problems with pushing what the game wanted , so in all actuality , unless your running a very very very old comp like 3-4+ years outdated on everything , i doubt this new engine would affect you much

AWESOME!

I love the Still Alive too.
    Graphics looking great and the person who made that video should get a medal too, very nice compostion. Really got me excited.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Sil becoming Game director was the best thing that happened to AO <3
    I love your work guys and i'm enjoying the feeling that a whole team is working very hard to keep all of us sattisfied.
    That "still alive" thing at the end not only will it become an org name but a trade mark for sure lol

Thank you!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

i just **** my pants
    Corinthians - 220 Nano Technician
    Pickygirl - 220 Engineer
    Pink - 220 Fixer
    Israel - 220 Keeper
    Israeli - 220 Shade
    Amenadiel - 165 Soldier
    Maitrize - 173 Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by corinthians
    {Etaks: Do not post this again.}

Hello.

I would just say that it looks very good.

Keep up the great work!

From Kehaan.
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

I think I just soiled myself.
    Oriana Gwenneth Pendragon - 213/14 Keeper, Advisor of Unity Of The Rose (eqp)

Benreddik Oilshake Fyfasan - 208/10 Trader, Veteran of Unity Of The Rose (eqp)

Ao

I have just started AO. I am a subscriber and the game has opened up alot of depth with that. I have to say the graphics almost turned me off, but an ARK greeter saved me and now I am having a blast. All my friends however stopped playing after 20mins because of the graphics. I am so glad the game is being updated, graphically and gameplay, looks like I'll be here to stay.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast