Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: zDD - a Damage/Tanks/XP/Heals parser for Win/Linux/MacOSX

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    we are talking close to 550000 damage per minute, and thats about 9200 dps, so if anything, dps brings more accuracity
    550,000/60=9166.6666666666666666666666666667
    Accuracy doesn't go up, if anything, it goes down.
    because people are always cutting the thousands off. 138475 -> 138k (dpm) vs 2308 (dps).
    That'd be cutting the hundreds off.
    And again, accuracy, let's say in 1 hour someone did 360,060 damage:
    DPM: 360,060/60=6,001
    DPS: 360,060/60/60=100.016667 --> will be rounded (to closest) down to 100
    while the 6,001 DPM can be divided by 60 to get 100.016667, the 100 from DPS when multiplied by 60 will yield only 6,000. So please, no more accuracy nonsense.
    also ofcourse alpha results high dps. it does result high dpm aswell, atleast on tinydump, because it stops counting when youre not attacking.
    I didn't say that DPM and DPS didn't rise and fall accordingly.... also, tinydump retains the DPM if that player was there for 2-3 minutes busting his hump and going afk for an hour afterwards, what's your point ? I don't like leechers, if someone comes to do raid/mission, I expect them to be active, and if they fail that - it shows...
    rest of your post was so irrelevant to the suggestion i dont even comment on those but if you feel dividing result by 60 on final dump is insane for whatever reason, then dont do it.
    My entire post was an explanation of why DPS is pointless when you have DPM there already. Also, after I had a little chat about my constraints with Demoder on IRC:
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Nerf.. err... boost the 1024 characters limit please. Would give more options on these things.
    I'm pretty limited in adding more info into 1 script, just think about it, this is a regular line from the total damage script:
    _1: 123,456,789 : Criticaldmg : 87.6% | 321,321 | 1234-123-1234
    IF I add DPS, it'll look like this:
    _1: 123,456,789 : Criticaldmg : 87.6% | 321,321 | 5355 | 1234-123-1234
    that's 7 extra characters... per line... and if usually there's around 10-15 people listed on a single script, that would climb to 70-105 extra characters to show, which will effectively force the scripts to span over more parts because I'll have to remove 2 whole lines from them. I don't want to end up showing 6 people per script... it's too much fragmentation, and then there's the chat spam filter too in case you need to show too many scripts in a row...

So like I said before, I can add it to the personal stats scripts, where there's space to place them (they also span over 2 scripts tops), but not in the main scripts. And switching from DPM to DPS will only confuse others, who are already used to DPM from every parser out there.
    •••••••• zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser ••••••••
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    550,000/60=9166.6666666666666666666666666667
    Accuracy doesn't go up, if anything, it goes down.
    That'd be cutting the hundreds off.
    And again, accuracy, let's say in 1 hour someone did 360,060 damage:
    DPM: 360,060/60=6,001
    DPS: 360,060/60/60=100.016667 --> will be rounded (to closest) down to 100
    nicely chosen numbers
    if someone does 360,070 in 163 seconds (2.71666666 minutes)
    DPM: 360,070/(163/60)=132,641.104294 rounding occurs again.
    thats why you order DD by total amount and not with averages, same goes to slacking and tinydump comment.
    while the 6,001 DPM can be divided by 60 to get 100.016667, the 100 from DPS when multiplied by 60 will yield only 6,000. So please, no more accuracy nonsense.
    no more accuracy then..
    besides you cant say based on avarage-number what happened last 4 seconds, so it doesnt need to be 100% accurate.
    I didn't say that DPM and DPS didn't rise and fall accordingly.... also, tinydump retains the DPM if that player was there for 2-3 minutes busting his hump and going afk for an hour afterwards, what's your point ? I don't like leechers, if someone comes to do raid/mission, I expect them to be active, and if they fail that - it shows...
    order damage by total amount and not with avarage.
    My entire post was an explanation of why DPS is pointless when you have DPM there already. Also, after I had a little chat about my constraints with Demoder on IRC:I'm pretty limited in adding more info into 1 script, just think about it, this is a regular line from the total damage script:
    _1: 123,456,789 : Criticaldmg : 87.6% | 321,321 | 1234-123-1234
    IF I add DPS, it'll look like this:
    _1: 123,456,789 : Criticaldmg : 87.6% | 321,321 | 5355 | 1234-123-1234
    _1: 123,456,789 : Criticaldmg : 87.6% | 5355 | 1234-123-1234 <- shorter by 4 chars

but really its cool if you dont want dps :/
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Mar 30th, 2011 at 17:53:23.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

nicely chosen numbers
    if someone does 360,070 in 163 seconds (2.71666666 minutes)
    DPM: 360,070/(163/60)=132,641.104294 rounding occurs again.
    I wasn't pointing towards the fractions, but towards the fact that the lower you go the less accurate it gets. (and, err... 360,070/(163/60)=132,541.104294)
    thats why you order DD by total amount and not with averages, same goes to slacking and tinydump comment.
    order damage by total amount and not with avarage.
    I didn't mention the ordering of the list anywhere...
    but really its cool if you dont want dps :/
    It's like I write with invisible ink...:
    If you want me to add it to the personal lists, then yes, there's space there, I can do that, no config options needed - but there's no way I'm going to change DPM to DPS in the full lists, that get shown the most to others, where people will confuse DPS with DPM that's shown on the same parser with a different config or on any other parser for that matter.
    So like I said before, I can add it to the personal stats scripts, where there's space to place them (they also span over 2 scripts tops), but not in the main scripts. And switching from DPM to DPS will only confuse others, who are already used to DPM from every parser out there.
    Do I really have to repeat myself again and say that I'll do it ?
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

I really have to repeat myself again and say that I'll do it ?
    i dont think its good to include both dps and dpm, so lets keep it as it is :/
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

New version is out, see the first post for info.

NOTE TO EVERYONE moving from v1.1 to v1.11 - you'll need the delete the "shop" line from your "prefs.ini" !
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Mar 6th, 2013 at 18:14:23.

I don't know if you're still active, but would you consider adding functionality that would help in assessing attack speed of a monster?

I'm tanking, and I'd like to know hits per minute, because I'd like to compare different debuffs, and how much they individually help, etc.

Currently I see
    #: totalDmg : name : crit% |dpm| reg&crit-spec-nano hits
    _1: _4,871 : Aquaan Drone : 3.8% | 65 | 26-0-0
    This does not include misses, correct?

I guess it would be enough if it would include misses/resists and show total active time?

And thanks a lot for your great work over the years!

Unhappy

Considering there's no distinguishing between two or more mobs with the exact same name, that the time stamp in the chat logs is only accurate to the second, that certain mobs have multiple (sometimes 2/3 and even more, independent?) "weapons", mobs swapping/losing aggro or you kiting them, and "active time" being defined differently by every other person - it's not realistic, with how the game presents data in the damage logs, to make an accurate hits per minute counter.

Thanks for the reply

zDD 1.11 GUI

For those that wanne have some buttons to click or for those peeps who run around multiboxing in inf or arid but want to make sure that the leecher toon's log is parsed to view (a)xp: a gui for zDD

http://i62.tinypic.com/34xp6yg.jpg

link to jar file and/or source code: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f3mgt5del...akunTC75Ba1hZa

Use: put the jar file in your (hopefully already set up) zDD folder and simply run it.

btw higher digits always equal higher accuracy. even if its the exact same number.
    .150 for example, is more accurate than .15
    .15 means you cut the pie into 100 pieces and 15 of them were rotten.
    .150 means u cut every piece 10 more times, and out of those 1000 pieces, 150 were rotten.
    .150 tells people that your calculation was much more thorough than .15 would.
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    btw higher digits always equal higher accuracy. even if its the exact same number.
    .150 for example, is more accurate than .15
    .15 means you cut the pie into 100 pieces and 15 of them were rotten.
    .150 means u cut every piece 10 more times, and out of those 1000 pieces, 150 were rotten.
    .150 tells people that your calculation was much more thorough than .15 would.
    .15 and .150 is not the same thing, however. .15 is any number which is both equal to or larger than .145 AND smaller than .155. One should never attempt to give a result with larger precision than the input numbers. However, this may be a moot point, as each instance of damage is always exactly an integer (no fractions or decimal points), so it is still correct to state that 150 damage was also 15.0000 damage, as we know there were no rounding involved in displaying the damage number.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

it is. but you are basically rounding it yourself turning dpm into dps.
    dont get me wrong, dps still works, its still a useful information players can relay on.
    but when it comes to accuracy, it cant beat dpm.
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456