Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: zDD - a Damage/Tanks/XP/Heals parser for Win/Linux/MacOSX

Have you considered releasing the source? Then I could tweak it to run on linux
    Jolene "Coroline" Parton - fixer - 219/13
    Azazel "Uzelz" Asmodeus - mp - 180/3
    $_="tbGXaeioidarr _rnE-rrl i5\@kg\.sde";$_.=$1,print$2while s/(..)(.)//;

Been using this program for a long time, and switching to a new PC with Vista, I couldn't get it to work for the life of me.
    Asked Crit about it, and turns out Vista's UAC policies screw with anything you put in the Program Files folder, including games and such.
    Moving AO out of Program Files "fixed" it, and now it's working just fine on Vista!

wtb a way to execute a shortcut of the parser .jar file while in game..

too bad /showfile commands create txt of everything on opening.. even images
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

4 posts above yours:
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    in Windows (XP in my case) there's an option to assign a shortcut key combination to any shortcut file, in our case - create a shortcut for zDD 'v1.021.jar' (for example) on the desktop, r-click it, go to 'options' - in the 'shortcut key' field press ctrl+alt+z (for example), press OK to accept, now the 'ctrl+alt+z' combo should work from anywhere, AO included, do the same for the LogCleaner if you want
    As far as I know Vista got the same feature & it should work the same way, but I've had people reporting that it didn't...
    The only rule that I'm aware of for this to work is that the shortcut *must* be on the Desktop or somewhere in the Start->(All) Programs (may be in any subfolder there).

Also, there are lots of programs out there that can bind a program start to a keyboard key combination, I'm sure you can find one to suit you.
    •••••••• zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser ••••••••
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Works flawlessly Gj!
    Last edited by Deadlykis; Dec 15th, 2009 at 00:37:50.

Cool

"Finally" released the source...
    See the 1st post for the link/info.
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

zDD is not running on my new Win7 build

I copied the AO folder across from my backup, installed Java, checked that the ini file paths are correct and only the LogCleaner.jar works. No luck without zDD.jar won't run.

Any ideas?
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

PM me the content of "debug_zDD.txt" + "debug_LC.txt" + "prefs.ini" - make sure you replace your account name with something else before you send it (***s or ###s or anything)

Hopefully it's something silly, I work in IT so I know it usually is

Will send logs when I'm at home.

Cheers

(btw you don't want my account details so you can steal my stuffs?!)
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Linux/MacOS (Wine) support incoming...

p.s. The above issue got solved in PMs.

Was something silly as predicted!! xD

zDD 1.1 is out !

• added: zDD now works natively in Linux/MacOSX (while AO's installed in Wine) !
    • fixed: Player names containing the "-" character (RK3 transfers/etc) now get identified correctly as players and not as mobs
    • added: added PvP duel/solo/team kill counters and average scores to the /xp script
    • added: a clickable link to zDD's forum post in each script, to let people know where to get this awesome parser
    • changed: a few tweaks made & a few notes added.

See the first post for a link.

Spread the word, and try to make people upgrade from earlier versions, at least for the sake of the RK3 names fix.
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Mar 28th, 2011 at 15:43:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Belamorte will now have 224.4 HPS unmodified and 314.16 HPS with Soothing Spirits 7 perked [*]The top special effect nuke will have 1,227 average DPS and debuff nanoskills by 300.[*]and the top nuke does 1,545.8 DPS.[*]The top alpha nuke does 8,000 cold damage (or 400 DPS). They have quite a high nanocost.[*]nuke does 6,000 damage (or 300 DPS).
    devs seem to use DPS instead of popular DPM.
    i think dumpers should follow this new trend.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Seems it's better to use what is popular as most people read damage output that way? Hence being popular

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Seems it's better to use what is popular as most people read damage output that way? Hence being popular
    community should evolve and not stay in what once was, if there is better alternative..
    to compare damages/heals from spreadsheets to current situation we need to convert them anyway, so might aswell start using method that needs no multiplications :P

either way, both ways have same advantages.. except the DPM version has none :/
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Mar 29th, 2011 at 10:05:51.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Belamorte will now have 224.4 HPS unmodified and 314.16 HPS with Soothing Spirits 7 perked[*]The top special effect nuke will have 1,227 average DPS and debuff nanoskills by 300.[*]and the top nuke does 1,545.8 DPS.[*]The top alpha nuke does 8,000 cold damage (or 400 DPS). They have quite a high nanocost.[*]nuke does 6,000 damage (or 300 DPS).
    devs seem to use DPS instead of popular DPM.
    i think dumpers should follow this new trend.
    Devs use the DPS value in the nano sheets for the sole purpose of a single nano.
    Damage parsers show the DPM value because DPS is too small, and as in any statistical overview, the higher the sample is - the more accurate the results are.

For example: "The top alpha nuke does 8,000 cold damage (or 400 DPS)"
    the nano has an attack time of 6 seconds that are caped at 3, a recharge of 1 second... and a cooldown of 20 seconds that makes the previous stats pointless, because the shortest cycle will always be 20 seconds. Now that nuke does exactly 8k damage - 8000/20=400.
    Now tell me, in those other (capped the 3 sec attack, and 1 sec recharge, 20-3-1=16) 16 seconds... are you standing doing nothing ? No, you don't, there's other forms of damage, and parsers have to take all those other sources of damage as well.
    In addition to what I said about the bigger sample sizes, if you go by DPS, then the first several seconds of your attack are always highest DPS then the others that follow, because you have all your perks, and a full nano pool to attack with, as time passes your perks have to wait on lockouts and (soon™) you will run out of nano casting nukes.

All in all, the reason people use damage parsers is for prolonged sessions (a raid, a mission) and not for the first few seconds when someone unleashes an alpha...
    If changing DPM to anything else, I'd go to DPHour before I go to DPSecond.

p.s. All these averages about damage on the nano sheet are worthless for your real in-game experience, as they all rely on the assumption that they're the only one nano in existence and that the target has 0 (zero) ACs - when in-game you'll be using other nanos (and items) and hitting for minimum damage most (if not all) of the time.
    p.p.s. It is technically impossible to even match the stated speeds of nano casting - if a nano has 0 attack speed and 1 second recharge, you will ALWAYS, no matter how well you spam your keys, be late for that 1 second and cast it slower - and it adds up... (even Q/afk on melee toons with enough inits to cap 1/1 speeds is impossible to do, due to lag/the games' network engine and whatnot - proof: inits)
    Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    to compare damages/heals from spreadsheets to current situation we need to convert them anyway, so might aswell start using method that needs no multiplications :P

either way, both ways have same advantages.. except the DPM version has none :/
    As I stated above, this is plain wrong, if you want to compare you need to calculate it with REAL in-game values, and not some zero ACs target that you attack with the same exact nano over and over again.

Your last sentence doesn't make any sense. If both ways are : DPS+DPM, and both have an advantage - then you state that DPM, which is one of them, doesn't have any ?

All in all, the reason people use damage parsers is for prolonged sessions (a raid, a mission) and not for the first few seconds when someone unleashes an alpha...
    If changing DPM to anything else, I'd go to DPHour before I go to DPSecond.
    I don't think anyone actually wants you to display the damage of the last second. If you record for an hour, you would display the average dps for that hour (exactly like you do with dpm now).

How about making it a option in the configuration? After all, all it has to do is divide the current dpm by 60.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

If I could add everything to the main DD list view I would add quite a few things, the reason I don't is the damn 1024 bytes limit on scripts (due to which I'm using <p> instead of <br> [they seem to function exactly the same], and using only one color for the entire infoview instead of one per stat, and there's only an opening tag for colors too, since AO shows it fine as is, without the closing tag).
    If you want me to add it to the personal lists, then yes, there's space there, I can do that, no config options needed - but there's no way I'm going to change DPM to DPS in the full lists, that get shown the most to others, where people will confuse DPS with DPM that's shown on the same parser with a different config or on any other parser for that matter.

I was more thinking along the lines of "Display DPM or DPS?", and it would display just the one.
    Should be enough to add a header, once, of roughly ~15 characters to tell if it's DPM or DPS.

Edit: Nerf.. err... boost the 1024 characters limit please. Would give more options on these things.
    Last edited by Demoder; Mar 30th, 2011 at 14:43:44.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Devs use the DPS value in the nano sheets for the sole purpose of a single nano.
    Damage parsers show the DPM value because DPS is too small, and as in any statistical overview, the higher the sample is - the more accurate the results are.

clip
    only thing that made "sense" was using higher ranges increases accuracity.
    but we are talking close to 550000 damage per minute, and thats about 9200 dps, so if anything, dps brings more accuracity because people are always cutting the thousands off. 138475 -> 138k (dpm) vs 2308 (dps).

also ofcourse alpha results high dps. it does result high dpm aswell, atleast on tinydump, because it stops counting when youre not attacking.

rest of your post was so irrelevant to the suggestion i dont even comment on those but if you feel dividing result by 60 on final dump is insane for whatever reason, then dont do it.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Mar 30th, 2011 at 15:30:00.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast