Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: zDD - a Damage/Tanks/XP/Heals parser for Win/Linux/MacOSX

does it have a GUI?
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Currently it doesn't, but you can see ALL the output in-game.
    (you can simply assign the parser to two key combos to parse & to clear)
    •••••••• zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser ••••••••
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

I'm hooked on it not having a UI really. I love it. It makes it -zero- load while the game is going. I have alot of friends who just don't have the horsepower to run a busy DD prog at the same time, and I like it just to keep clutter down.

If it gets a UI please make it an optional add-on, not built in to the current binary.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

....• "Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......• Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

I am having a slight annoyance with zDD.

First off I can't seem to get it to show more than 3 people in with the /shop command, and now after resetting up the ini file, it does not parse anything, also does not clear the logs.

I have double checked that the paths to the different log files are correct and they are.
    Here is what the last part of my ini file looks like:
    Code:
    Freqflyerdnt C:\iso\AO\Prefs\<accountname>\CharID\Chat\Windows\Window13\Log.txt
    Fiddlybit C:\iso\AO\Prefs\<accountname>\CharID\Chat\Windows\Window6\Log.txt
    Wuntaim C:\iso\AO\Prefs\<accountname>\CharID\Chat\Windows\Window6\Log.txt
    Codney C:\iso\AO\Prefs\<accountname>\CharID\Chat\Windows\Window5\Log.txt
    At the moment if I do /shop I only see Freq, Wuntaim and Codney. And the last DD log it seems to use, even after numerous log clears, is Wuntaim's.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

EDIT: I'm using Ver 1.03
    Last edited by freqflyerdent; Aug 28th, 2008 at 12:46:35.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Can you post the content of the debug_zDD.txt & debug_LC.txt files please ? (w/o the acc name/ char ID like you did here) Most chances they have an error line describing what's wrong.

-------

On another note... patch 17.9.3 just screwed up scripting variables (%1 %2 %3...), that are widely used with zDD to make it possible to make the output go to any channel you wish (or add a comment).
    The only workaround, at this time, till they fix it, is not to use any variables at all & just run the scripts from the window in witch you actually intend the output to go to.
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Hehehe I love PCs, I did check the logs and they all appeared normal. As in they said the newest was for this or that character and so many lines were parsed with 0 being invalid/ignored.

After patching last night it actually started working again, well the parsing started working, still only shows 3 people in the /shop window
    Last edited by freqflyerdent; Aug 29th, 2008 at 08:41:11.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

I've checked this on my comp, and it works just fine with the 4 toons I got listed there, some of them are even on a different copy of the game (TestLive, and I've checked it with more toons listed as well).

Can you PM me your entire prefs.ini ? (w/o any acc info)

Sure I will do it soons I get home today

RE: multiple characters not listing correctly.

I also had a similar issue & it turned out that i'd not listed them correctly in the prefs file. I'd either spaced out the line to the next char list, or hit enter, well something like that.
    Forgive me not being exact, it's been awhile, but it was definitely a spacing issue & i'd be surprised if it wasn't similar for you also.

Aik

Thanks, well I fixed it last night. Just setup the prefs.ini file again, making sure 400 times I have the paths to the logs correct, turned out atleast one of them had a problem somewhere.

It now lists the 4 chars I want and also parses correctly.

I love this parser, great work Crit.

My zDD didn't generate the scripts anymore. I fixed it by removing the recently installed java 6 update 7. Any idea what's wrong?
    Etta "Chivana" Krelog
    Neutral Opifex Martial Artist, born on Fri May 24 16:04:52 2002 in Newland City, Rubi-Ka 3 (DNW).
    Level 220 30 70 - Setup - Director of Krelog Ltd.
    Spiel dein Spiel - Aber vergiss nie, dass das wahre Leben vor deiner Haustόr stattfindet...

I'm noting a bit of time between updates when I use the hotkeys I have assigned to the log clear and zDD. As in: I activate zDD and it seems to take some time to have the scripts register 'current' values (I'm not doing terribly long term testing though atm) is that just lag from the parse time and I should account for it or is it from FC and the log file, etc?

Aside from that, this works really well once you figure out the small details.

Quote Originally Posted by freqflyerdent View Post
    Thanks, well I fixed it last night.
    Glad it worked out
    Quote Originally Posted by Chivana View Post
    My zDD didn't generate the scripts anymore. I fixed it by removing the recently installed java 6 update 7. Any idea what's wrong?
    I have the autoupdates turned off so I didn't even know there was an update. Anyhow, I've installed JRE6 update 7 and it seems to work just the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    I'm noting a bit of time between updates when I use the hotkeys I have assigned to the log clear and zDD. As in: I activate zDD and it seems to take some time to have the scripts register 'current' values (I'm not doing terribly long term testing though atm) is that just lag from the parse time and I should account for it or is it from FC and the log file, etc?

Aside from that, this works really well once you figure out the small details.
    If your log file is extremely large or your machine is old/slow or if it doesn't do multitasking well in general (or specifically if you've assigned background apps to receive less 'power' then foreground apps) then the parsing might take some time, as with any other parser.
    I've tested some giant 200mb log files (it can take a month to get to that size) and zDD parsed it on average in 23 seconds when AO wasn't working & in 32 seconds when (most foreground app) AO was working (I got an AMD 2.2GHz). A big portion of that time is simply writing all those under 1024 byte files (AO script limitation) to the HDD.
    And finally there's this annoying "firing up" time, the period from when you run zDD (double click or use the keyboard shortcut) to the time the app actually starts running (that's pretty much OS/HDD related).

Patch 17.10.0 fixed what 17.9.3 broke

(you will no longer see %1 %2 spam and will be able to use chat referrers once again)

Might just be me but this seems to have problems with recording Engi pets.

Crat pets are being detected fine, but in a mission last night with an Engi (and only 1 Engi) it didn't seem to pick up the pet damage. The pets had default names, not custom "same as owner" names.

I know in raids that this won't work, since multiple pets will register as a single pet if they share names, but it might be workable in team situations to assign the pets based on the chat responses.

And in raids you could flag toons that have pets the same name as other toons with a * and a note at the bottom.

It probably detected the pets just fine, the thing is when you display the "people" part of the damage dump the mobs aren't shown there, they're filtered, same thing applies to the default names of the pets (as they are long and contain spaces & special characters) - just pop the mobs damage dump and check.

Flagging pets to their owners correctly 100% of the time is simply impossible, even if the player assigns them manually (as others may name their pets the same).
    As I've already explained it in this thread, the chat (dd) logs are just not supplying enough info as to who owns what pet. Because of that zDD isn't assigning any pets whatsoever (there's also a higher chance pet owners will name their pets after themselves instead of someone else).

If only FC added an "owner tag" to each chat line made by pets...

got one problem...everytime I wanna post dd I have to reclick the zDD exe file. am I doing something wrong or is it intented to work like that?

Quote Originally Posted by retard4 View Post
    got one problem...everytime I wanna post dd I have to reclick the zDD exe file. am I doing something wrong or is it intented to work like that?
    If you mean to get updated numbers, yes, that is expected behavior.

Pro: It means the app isn't constantly running and sucking down resources

Con: If you update stats often you have to do alot of clicking.

I run in Windowed mode at 1600x1050 on a 1920x1200 monitor and just keep a batch icon on my desktop to run the parser ... so it's not hard. For anyone who runs in Full Screen mode it would be a bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by retard4 View Post
    If you've got an .exe file... you don't have my program... zDD is pure Java, and has a .jar extention.
    But, if you ment executable then like Doctorhyde said, it's part of the idea, as zDD works on demand, instead of all the time.

If you want to bind zDD (and the LogCleaner) to run using keyboard shortcuts then it's possible too, as I alredy wrote in this thread (and use it that way myself)
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    in Windows (XP in my case) there's an option to assign a shortcut key combination to any shortcut file, in our case - create a shortcut for zDD 'v1.021.jar' (for example) on the desktop, r-click it, go to 'options' - in the 'shortcut key' field press ctrl+alt+z (for example), press OK to accept, now the 'ctrl+alt+z' combo should work from anywhere, AO included, do the same for the LogCleaner if you want
    As far as I know Vista got the same feature & it should work the same way, but I've had people reporting that it didn't...
    The only rule that I'm aware of for this to work is that the shortcut *must* be on the Desktop or somewhere in the Start->(All) Programs (may be in any subfolder there).

Also, there are lots of programs out there that can bind a program start to a keyboard key combination, I'm sure you can find one to suit you.

Now why did I not think of making such a short-cut...

Thanks for the reminder...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast