Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: zDD - a Damage/Tanks/XP/Heals parser for Win/Linux/MacOSX

Quote Originally Posted by System_Crush View Post
    zzmin | ordered by the most damage per logged minute.
    (total damage divided by the time between the first and last log entry of <player>)
    Useful if you have people joining and leaving(dieing) irregularly, which is the case in tower battles for example, and you want to get an overview of who was the most effective killer and who was the most effective spike survivor
    it is exploitable doing a 'per-active-time' DD list, since someone can do absolutely nothing the entire duration of the raid/missions/whatever and strike his entire alpha once and gain a giant DPM this way.
    Now seriously... doing damage dumps in mass PvP is utterly useless for way to many reasons, one being people are scattered all over and aren't always close enough to you to get their damage shown on your chat windows (and of course the log itself), putting a minimal cap (you suggested 10) won't help there either. Another reason for it's uselessness is people capping specials on high vs low hp profs - bottom line is: if you're doing a 10k AS (or much much higher...) on an enf doesn't make you any better in PvP then someone else capping the AS on a 6k hp fixer. DD wars is for PvM only in PvP it has next to no value.
    (one good example of a useful thing from mass pvp logs is seeing what's landing on you the most and what damage type )
    # zzr | lowest damage first
    # zzrmin | lowest damage per minute first.
    The damage dealers list is set to show the highest total damage dealt first - which is actually the exact same thing as sorting it by the highest DPM (DPM = total/minutes)
    So as for those two suggestions (which are exactly the same as I've explained)... just look at the list from bottom to top ? (I don't really see a good reason to show the exact same info twice)
    2) Pet...................
    There's currently NO 100% working way to tell which pet belongs to who, I explained it in detail 3 & 4 post above this one why that's impossible.
    If I could tell which pet belongs to who it would've been in the 1st version, you can trust me on that one, currently there isn't, so just rename them to your (exact) name (probably you're doing different damage types anyway).
    3) a '*' to be show behind the shop link in the links menu when it has change since last dump.
    That's doable, but it'll confuse you whenever you're going to check the /shop list after clearing your credits from the actual player shop and not re-running the parser (the /shop script is merely a set of links to every toons "PlayerShopLog.html" file that holds the info).

I'm sorry to say but 1 and 2 won't be implemented, I might think of something to do with the 3rd, but I see no benefit in it being changed to that atm.
    •••••••• zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser ••••••••
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

I'm not impressed tbh. Back to magicdd I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogueira View Post
    I'm not impressed tbh. Back to magicdd I go.
    I'm sure Criticaldmg would appreciate constructive feedback... Is it only because it doesn't handle pets like magicDD?
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Arrow

After some requests and some people having problems setting the prefs file (not due to a bug but a lack of some PC knowledge), I'll be making a GUI version for this, hopefully it'll become more user friendly

Nogueira - you could at least say why.
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Bump for GUI i was confuzled

Just got it, took about 25 minutes to set up. Readme guide was very helpful. Program works like a charm.

This programm is afaik the only one, wich calculates crit % correctly. I expected that, reading it was made by an MA with that name, and gave zDD a try because of that. Thx! I assigned two hotkeys in xp to control the jar files, works great.
    Etta "Chivana" Krelog
    Neutral Opifex Martial Artist, born on Fri May 24 16:04:52 2002 in Newland City, Rubi-Ka 3 (DNW).
    Level 220 30 70 - Setup - Director of Krelog Ltd.
    Spiel dein Spiel - Aber vergiss nie, dass das wahre Leben vor deiner Haustόr stattfindet...

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    Bump for GUI i was confuzled
    ....a ... g u i ... what is that?

btw it may would be nice to have credits parsed

Haven't tried zDD but looks like a geat tool and can't wait till I get home to try it out. And I know docs will love it for the heal dump

gj

greetings
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Advisor of Vox Populi

BUMP

Docs have started to compete with each other to be on the top of my heal list when I tank pande, 42, apf, etc. and as far as I'm concerned that's a good thing.
    Turnyourhead "Rockempire" Andcough - 220/29 Doctor Equipment - General of The Leviathan Movement
    Top "Etrier" Stepper - 220/26 Enforcer Equipment - President of Whale Tail

n00b quiz

first of all bump for an great prog ^^

but when I run it it all works out nice and its easy to use <3

problem is it does not logg myself what am I doing wrong. here is my path, dont think I have made enny typos in it

C:\Spill\Anarchy Online\Prefs\account\Char(number)\Chat\Windows\Win dow5\Log.txt

halp?
    Koarzz/220/30/NT First 220/30 Neutral Solitus Nano-Technician Setup
    Zerco/220/22/Doc | Zalien/220/21/Enf | Narconikus/210/12/MA

I'm guessing that you've written your name wrong in the prefs file (the line just before the path)
    Make sure that it's written correctly, as in, starts with a capital letter and followed by lowercase letters (and the rest of AO's naming policy)

f.ex.
    right --- Criticaldmg
    wrong - criticaldmg
    wrong - cRITICALDMG

(I bet that at the moment your name appears in the mobs log instead of the people one )
    ------------------------

As for the promised GUI (Graphic User Interface)... I'm having very little free time lately, I'm barely ever online too, so it's currently on hold.

thank you! didnt have capital letter in the name thats why it didnt work out, but now it runns like an dream, nice pice of work.
    Finally an dumpher who shows "heal", now I might start working on doc again

And aye, there were an mean mod there in some s42 raids
    Koarzz/220/30/NT First 220/30 Neutral Solitus Nano-Technician Setup
    Zerco/220/22/Doc | Zalien/220/21/Enf | Narconikus/210/12/MA

Talking

Ty for nice DD dumper. Works perfect.

Hey Critical,

Trying to execute the jar file on a linux machine, getting this error:

Code:
    java -jar ./zDD\ 1.021.jar
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: TehMain (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
            at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
    Any idea?

EDIT: More info.

The above error happens if I try to run with java 1.4. If I try to run with java 1.5 or 1.6 I get the following:

Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
            at Initz.readMyPrefs(Initz.java:76)
            at TehMain.main(TehMain.java:6)
    Last edited by Hacre; Jun 2nd, 2008 at 11:42:11.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

If I understand right, the 1st error is simply an incompatible version issue (I compiled with JDK 1.5 or 1.6 and there's something that your current JRE just can't do due to being obsolete).

As for the 2nd - my best guess is the program can't accept the file path due to the way Linux stores paths as opposed to Windows - / instead of \ (and I hard coded it just for windows...)
    If I understand right you're running AO under Linux in a Windows emulator, have you tried installing Java under that emulation itself and running zDD from within it ?
    (my knowledge of Linux is next to non-existent)

What i would very like to see and made this tool perfect is (maybe optional?) loggin of dmg from mobs with a space in it (pets), as as curret it seems to skip it, or even better - calculating dmg and adding it to persons overall even if he doesn't have pets renamed to his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    loggin of dmg from mobs with a space in it (pets), as as curret it seems to skip it...
    ....calculating dmg and adding it to persons overall even if he doesn't have pets renamed to his name.
    1st: It does calculate mobs damage, you should go over the readme or use the (by default it's) /zxc script and see what zDD can do besides the overall players damage list Just try the (by default it's) /xx script.
    (note that SourceLess_or_TargetLess is for things that don't have a sorce - like "Something hit Someplayer for 1 points of damage by damage shield" or things tht don't have a target - like "Someone absorbed 500 points of cold damage")

2nd: Go to page 2 of this thread and look at two of my posts #36 & #37, where I explained earlier why assigning pets (automatically or not) is exploitable (especially by crats), and that no other parser is calculating them correctly.
    Since FC's not going to add the owner 'tag' or something to the pets chat or dd lines there's nothing anyone can do to ensure pet assigment.

Thanks for a great parser! Works like a charm.

And about future features to the script, I don't really see much need for changes. It covers all important things as it is.
    But a few suggestions would be:

* Since some monsters like "Kolaana" slips in under player DD, would it be possible to have a texfile where people can put in mob names that it should put on NPC DD list instead?

* Show Top inactive players. Longest time between 2 attacks/heals.

* Don't count minus XP when dying. No use showing -5,000,000 XP/hour.

* Percentage of eluded attacks added to personal stats.

Thanks again

/Critstab

1. Since there are some players that have a name that is also taken by a mob, intentionally or not (there's a player named Tarasque on RK1), I'm not going to transfer them to the mobs list... (AO's damage logs aren't detailed enough to tell who's a player and who's a mob)
    2. Inactivity's exploitable Someone can have enough AR to hit a mob but only wear 2 ql1 guns for example, so he'll be 'active' but still useless.
      Another example are the auras that automatically heal and such that will keep that person 'active'.
      and so on and so forth...
    3. Guess there's some sense in that. (made it in v1.03)
    4. Will come in a later version.

------------------------

zDD 1.03 is out, same place :
    http://www.esnips.com/web/CriticalDD/
    more info on the 1st post.

If you tried to setup zDD before but it still didn't work, you might want to retry now.
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:03:08. Reason: typo

Thanks Crit. an excellent parser

Keep the updates coming !

Aik

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast