Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RK2] Freelance: Newland Bonkers?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] Freelance: Newland Bonkers?

Newland Bonkers?
    December 31, 29481 - Marion Vein [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance - NEWLAND - Ex-Newland Council Minister Anamelle, and current Foreign Affairs Minister, Foosball33, have resorted to taking the law into their own hands, and using armed violence in order to get their way in the city.

For a long time now, Newland has been granted powers to oversee the law in the area which it governs, and has become a relatively safe city. Additions such as the Newland Millitia Guard may be seen as beneficial to the city's continued security.

Recently, however, some groups, particularly in the current and former Newland Council, have decided that it would be best for them to take the law into their own hands, disregarding even their own set laws at times. A recent prominent example of this was the illegal rollerat bombing in Omni-HQ, a silly and foolish act, which cost Mayor Toog dearly.

Even more shocking is the fact that Foreign Affairs ministers past and present, Anamelle, and her successor Foosball33, have both resorted to armed violence to achieve their means, caring little even for their own laws.

On Friday, simply to attempt to stop an employee from being taken, Anamelle resorted to shooting said employee in the head with a pistol. Not only that, but just last Sunday, in order to try to prevent myself and Codenaam from having a private conversation (which was actually about a party later that evening) he pointed a gun to my head and threatened to shoot, shouting in profane language for us both never to return to Newland.

Apparently, it was his view that we were plotting the asassination of several prominent individuals in the area, and that he was the brave and wonderful hero who managed to catch us in the act. There is no need to say that this is simply a ludicrous idea. If he had any proof to back up his insane claim, he would not have resorted to mad and needless violence and threats.

All in all, the legal system, while generally sturdy, has been carelessly violated by none other than former and present members of the Newland Council, and is a testiment to the haven of criminals Newland City has become of late.

It is important that we ask ourselves: are gun-toting maniacs really how Newland wishes to conduct its foreign affairs?

Such behavior is inexcusable.

My embassy will be investigating this fully.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I'll be folowwing that with interest, ambassador. Thank you for taking action.

Marion Vein,
    Omni-Reform

Well I'm not going to make any public comments at this time.
    However I will state there will be formal complains made to the Board of Directors and Omni-Reform for Ms. Marion Vein to be removed. As she clearly can not do her job and her affiliation should be revoked. She is nothing more then a drunk and a trouble maker that does nothing for the company image.
    Perhapses a job in one of the bars in Omni-Entertainment would be more suiting for her.
    Last edited by FoosballX; Dec 31st, 2007 at 18:55:46.

Nah Newland is not governed by gun-toting maniacs, now go home before someone gets hurt.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

When an employee doesn't follow his or her orders correctly and tries to arrest another employee in Newland without first calling Pol or asking permission from the Newland City Council, I don't blame these "gun-toting maniacs" for their actions. I also happen to know very well that Directors MAX and Eva Pourais weren't too happy about said orders not being followed properly, and agreed that no action is to be taken against the citizens of Newland involved.

Now, about Foosball33's latest offense, he will receive a heavy fine, but only upon entering an area of Omni-Tek jurisdiction.

This will be taken care of.

-Cpt. Constantine "Gustavis" Caesar,
    Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation
    Cpt. Darius "Gustavis" Caesar,

Interview with Rubi-Ka Times at AO-Universe!

You say that I cannot properly do my job, Mr. Cross, however I believe you should consider whether you can do yours, if you'd rather shoot first and ask questions later, are you really fit to be the Minister of Foreign Affairs? Though it is an original and probably effective way of getting through Foreign Affairs, it is no doubt illegal.
    I must say you have done a lot for Newland's image - in a negative direction

Oh and, sorry about the fine.

Marion Vein,
    Omni-Reform
    Last edited by Vinwooke; Dec 31st, 2007 at 20:13:43.

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    Well I'm not going to make any public comments at this time.
    However I will state there will be formal complains made to the Board of Directors and Omni-Reform for Ms. Marion Vein to be removed. As she clearly can not do her job and her affiliation should be revoked. She is nothing more then a drunk and a trouble maker that does nothing for the company image.
    Perhapses a job in one of the bars in Omni-Entertainment would be more suiting for her.
    You just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavis
    Now, about Foosball33's latest offense, he will receive a heavy fine, but only upon entering an area of Omni-Tek jurisdiction.
    I've initiated talks already with Omni-Administration about a proper course of action, and I expect it to reach beyond just the walls of Omni-1.

At this time I will need all employees involved to contact my embassy at once to arrange appointments to meet with me.

You kids sure like talking a lot and levying fines against people you have no jurisdiction over.

My suggestion to you omlets is go fill out some paperwork if you can't stand strong-willed individuals threatening to shoot you. It'll calm you down.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Mr. Cross has already paid the fine, so there is no need for further action. Just wanted to point that out.
    Cpt. Darius "Gustavis" Caesar,

Interview with Rubi-Ka Times at AO-Universe!

Neutrals regulating their own cities? Imagine that!

Grats on having the stones to pull it off. If this kinda behaviour was around during the taking of Borealis, perhaps things would have gone a bit differently.

Kudos, my friends.. kudos.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Only a Joint Clan member could have come up with that little statement.

What good has come out of neutral law regulation? Newland has become a haven for criminals and lunatics
    Last edited by Vinwooke; Jan 1st, 2008 at 13:17:04.

Well Vin we are trying to clean the place up, that's why you were asked to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinwooke View Post
    Newland has become a haven for criminals and lunatics
    Exactly, last time I came though it was crowded with way too many omnis.
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Quote Originally Posted by Mummu View Post
    Exactly, last time I came though it was crowded with way too many omnis.
    At least our foreign affairs department and ambassadors don't gun people down to get their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinwooke View Post
    At least our foreign affairs department and ambassadors don't gun people down to get their way.
    Yeah, that's what OTAF and Omni-Pol are for.

Us poor impoverished clans and neutrals have to do multiple jobs sometimes and have free will. Imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Yeah, that's what OTAF and Omni-Pol are for.

Us poor impoverished clans and neutrals have to do multiple jobs sometimes and have free will. Imagine that!
    Politicians, Diplomats and the like should not be moonlighting as vigilantes. Claiming such actions are acceptable because it's an exercise of your free will is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Politicians, Diplomats and the like should not be moonlighting as vigilantes. Claiming such actions are acceptable because it's an exercise of your free will is ludicrous.
    I didn't say it was acceptable because of free will. I said it was acceptable because Foos doesn't have the ability to call on some Omni-Pol goons to handle his dirty work.

This is why you haven't made any political progress such a long time. You throw Free Will around like it's a buzz word.

And just because the Newland City Council doesn't have a Police force on par with Omni-Pol or a standing army doesn't give them the right to gun people down in the street because they disagree with someone.

No one was gunned down; They were asked to leave.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast