Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixers... the true blackmarket

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    No, I think this is more then an Agent nerf, this is a nerf to everyone who buffs others.

No, you would be casting other peoples nanos. BeHe is not a Fixer nano, it's not a Doc nano, not an Engi nano. But anyone buying this pill could use it. You are casting other profs. nanos. And as I said before, limited uses means nothing when the item can be made on demand. If you had to find it in a chest in a mission, or as dyna loot, then I can understand. But an item totally tradeskilled from store buyable parts is not limited charges.
    #1 You're telling me you actually like sitting around buffing other people?

#2 How about this, it has to be tradeskilled from an instruction disc instead of a nano crystal ... that way you can't run to the shop and buy something, then tradeskill it out.

As Paf already said, its just an idea right now, there's plenty of time for fine tuning. Don't just dismiss the idea right off the bat because its not perfect.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

Ya, just an idea. So was my rifle thread. Care for me to reiterate what the trolls, including Pafpuf, did there? It was just an idea, in need of refinement, and they ripped it to ****ing bits and pieces as if I was asking to be voted God.

So please, don't come to me with this bull****.

And to answer your questions:

1# I have no qualms buffing people, I get buffed a lot; when twinking or just needing a CI. I pay it forward by buffing others. I chat with my org mates and sit around buffing what I can.

2# Rarity of the item does not change what it does. Just makes it harder to come by and that will only affect the price of them. Being a Fixer made item they'd just make tons of money off it. Want money as a Fixer, go do S10 like all your other buddies.

Doesn't matter how rare the parts are, they will be made and they will detract from the use of other professions.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Sounds like a great idea, although it needs a two hour recharge at least so you can only cast it in dire needs.

Also Ayria stop trolling because your rifle was thread was annihilated by flames
    Aussieborn 220/22 MA (Retired-ish)
    Healinjoo 2xx/1x Equip
    Merve 151/18 Mp PERK RESET
    And some other gimps!
    Consider this my Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by obliteratr
    thw word is spelt like deliverieing actually.

I ain't trolling because of my thread. I'm 'trolling' because I disagree with the idea of giving everyone every buff.

The only reason I brought up my thread is because Fyxi was trying to defend this thread as "just an idea" when that was all my rifle thread was and it got flammed to hell by people like Pafpuf.
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

Half the reason your thread was getting trolled so much is because you are only 190, you have yet to seen what it's really like. All your opinions are based on other peoples opinions, and you need to remember most the people who post on forums aren't just looking for love but to be put over the edge.

Having a weapon that can basically instakill people under 15k hp IS overpowered, what we need is pulling the professions that are on the top slowly down. Which FC might be actually realising (advies/keepers haven't got that much love recently compared to what they normally do, although what are they doing to Mps )

This idea isn't really overpowered it's just a nice little bonus which fixers need right now.
    Aussieborn 220/22 MA (Retired-ish)
    Healinjoo 2xx/1x Equip
    Merve 151/18 Mp PERK RESET
    And some other gimps!
    Consider this my Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by obliteratr
    thw word is spelt like deliverieing actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussieborn View Post
    This idea isn't really overpowered it's just a nice little bonus which fixers need right now.
    And it's not just fixers it helps. It helps everyone, including agents. Fixers have always loved hacking things, and we have been asking for more things to hack for years. The last thing that we got to hack was Steel Ribbed/Leather armor. Almost no fixers even bother with B/E anymore, since the only use for it now is to roll ql 275 missions. It would be nice to have a reason to stick to our professions tools.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Ya, just an idea. So was my rifle thread. Care for me to reiterate what the trolls, including Pafpuf, did there? It was just an idea, in need of refinement, and they ripped it to ****ing bits and pieces as if I was asking to be voted God.

So please, don't come to me with this bull****.

And to answer your questions:

1# I have no qualms buffing people, I get buffed a lot; when twinking or just needing a CI. I pay it forward by buffing others. I chat with my org mates and sit around buffing what I can.

2# Rarity of the item does not change what it does. Just makes it harder to come by and that will only affect the price of them. Being a Fixer made item they'd just make tons of money off it. Want money as a Fixer, go do S10 like all your other buddies.

Doesn't matter how rare the parts are, they will be made and they will detract from the use of other professions.
    Ever think that if you made friends with a fixer that maybe ... just maybe ... that they might hack stuff that you found for free for you to use of sell? I personally probably wouldn't farm anything to sell, I'd likely end up buying the discs and using those for myself and maybe give some of them to friends when they really need them because I'm a lazy, greedy ass .. just like I do with my small stock of extruder bars. In referendum to you posting about your topic because I posted my reply, your post effected only agents in a positive way and negatively towards all other professions, this effects everyone in a positive way aside from your whole thought that those getting harassed for buffs constantly will feel useless because they won't be getting hounded for them.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

So instead you do the same thing and come here and rip a thread apart without considering some creative and constructive supplements to the idea? *shrug*

As far as I can tell.. a nice idea. Though it should be limited in a few ways.

Off the top of my head I would say:
    1) reduce the time on the buff (out of thin air let's say max 30 mins or perhaps depending on QL the longer it lasts, starting at like 1 min at QL1 and 20 mins at QL200)
    2) Lock related skill (B&E seems to be the preferred choice) for 1h 30min-2h-ish time
    3) Perhaps add a mimic-like "debuff" as well, say -50 nanoskills or something?
    4) Limit the nanos that can be turned into these pills (say only ability/treatment/weapon enhancing ones) so that everyone and their mother doesnt run around CHing and TMSing and what-not
    5) Make the pills Unique to make em a bit more hard to come by and unstackable

Not all of them of course, but perhaps a few of them with some adjustments might end up as a reasonable "nerf" to not make it too powerful.

Flame on
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

I was bashing back at Pafpuf, not the rest of you. I still don't think this idea is good though, doesn't matter that everyone can use it, that's the whole problem. What use is there in professions continued existence if everyone can just roll soldiers and buy SFA pills etc.

It's one more thing we don't need because the defining lines between professions is fading as is. Adventurer Online? Used to be called that when Advs were really overpowered, well its gona be predominantly one profession out there if something like this is made because it no longer requires multiple professions to twink, now it just takes a pill.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

now it just takes a pill.
    Just like real life!!
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsranger View Post
    The answer to the unlimited uses problem is simple. Use a 'pill base' found in mission chests or bosses of the same or higher ql than the nano as a base for the TS, and make the drop rate reasonably rare.
    I like that idea, it's more reasonable than a storebuyable pill base.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyxi View Post
    #2 How about this, it has to be tradeskilled from an instruction disc instead of a nano crystal ... that way you can't run to the shop and buy something, then tradeskill it out.
    And this sounds even more balancing

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    3) Perhaps add a mimic-like "debuff" as well, say -50 nanoskills or something?
    4) Limit the nanos that can be turned into these pills (say only ability/treatment/weapon enhancing ones) so that everyone and their mother doesnt run around CHing and TMSing and what-not
    5) Make the pills Unique to make em a bit more hard to come by and unstackable
    That sounds reasonable as well, however, as long as you can't put the top-nanos in a pill (IE you get Essence of Gargantua as a max nano you can put into a pill instead of behe), I don't think the nanoskill debuffs are absolutely necessary. Also reflect nano's shouldn't be allowed to be put into a pill.

The locktime being around 2h is.. ok-ish as well, as long as you don't get access to 2h lasting buffs. Also, the wr0ngle pills should debuff the user of the pill like a normal wr0ngle does.

-------------------------------------------------
    Ok so here the proposal I'd agree with:

Tradeskillable pills, that have as a base Instruction Discs and if that doesn't prevent the pills from being farmed, the pill base being nonstorebuyable as well. At least it should be blitzed.

The buffs that will be able to get pill'ed should not be the profession's top nano's if the top buff can be useful for more than twinking. IE you can have SFA, FG, ES, a single person IC, but not Behe. Instead of behe, you can use Essence of Gargantua for example. Also, every nano that would be able to put into a pill MUST ALSO be castable under Mimic, and on other targets. So no Neuronal Stimulator/Odin's Missing Eye pill.

The pillified nano's should require about 70 more nanoskills than their normal, nano counterparts.
    -------------------------------------------------

Concerning Pafpuf.. I have found in several other cases that you are not a person who is able to reason like a normal human, all you do is shout that everyone but the ones who agree with you are wrong, and when asked to come up with an explanation why we are wrong, you only shout we are wrong, again. Without reasoning. Unless you start coming up with reasoned posts and explanations behind your shouting, I won't even bother reading your posts again. I'll advise Ayria to do the same, you're a waste of my time as it is.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Make them debuff 750 nano init, 140 nano skills, 15 nanocost, 10 nanorange and 15 nano interrupt for 20 minutes and I'd agree with this suggestion After all, pills do have side effects!

To clarify:

I was intending just a few buffs... not becoming other professions. Just common buffs that players already easily get to equip/PvP... play

This would not include ANY heals or self-buffs or pets....

The buffs, I am talking about, would be the main buffs that 1000's run through begging for, daily, in Borealis... the same buffs that many people won't bother PvPing without...

It will just help deliver another alternative to get that which you will get anyway...

right now, you can get a nano crystal and sell it for 500k.... The Nano Crystal allows someone the permanent ability to cast that nano on players. so I suggested that by using the nano crytal you can make 5 charges.. the equivalent of 5, 100k tips (assuming you tip, which most don't for the buffs).

• This won't effectively break anything, it's the same buffs these players would have begged off another player... It will only make it more convienent, since you can buy in advance.
    • This won't effective imbalance things, since the use of these pills will both be limitted by blitzing nanos and the ability to cast a nano. Currently many of these nanos sell for 500k-1mil... so, it's not taking tip buffing away from others, since these won't be cheap.
    • If they are made like currently existing pills, there will be a 3 minute lock on Pharmaceuticals on ALL pills, which means that players will have to wait to initiate more than one pill... this will make skilllockmodifier a little more useful, while keeping things from getting imbalanced
    • Players still having to be able to cast the hacked version of the nano will help keep some things balanced. for instance Crats currently don't raise MatMet and Hack'n'Quack requires this skill.
    • This wouldn't make fixers any richer than mantis eggs make engie rich or alien armor makes crat rich, so that's the lamest response I've heard... "don't give tradeskills, it will make that prof filthy rich! OMG!"

I suggested pill casings available in the fixer black market shop, because of the black market theme and the ability to drain some more money out of the economy... I'd even suggest adding more expensive steps to the trade skill and upping the # of pills produced from each to drain even more money from the economy. Pills available in mission chests (while great for me, since my wife is a crat) wouldn't help the economy at all, and just moves money around some more.

At least this would give more meaning to fixer being hackers.... and if done right, some actual use to breaking & entering.. more than just a few small items and a missions % bonus that is hardly used.

One pill at the time?

Pill cooldown effect (short hostile effect, which kicks in when pill effect is about to end (or if it was intentionaly broken/canceled), that lowers certain skill you raised this way)?

No ability to make a pill that can provide you with a "top" nano from certain nano line (i.e. can't make pill with Essence of Behemot, but Essence of Leviathan pill can be made)?

It sounds good enough to me, if that's so.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    One pill at the time?

Pill cooldown effect (short hostile effect, which kicks in when pill effect is about to end (or if it was intentionaly broken/canceled), that lowers certain skill you raised this way)?

No ability to make a pill that can provide you with a "top" nano from certain nano line (i.e. can't make pill with Essence of Behemot, but Essence of Leviathan pill can be made)?

It sounds good enough to me, if that's so.

wouldn't bother me if they did all RK buffs except highest. Just looking for some more unique tradeskilling

You can't compare this with an agent rifle with insane damage and infinite specials :P

Btw "god" doesn't exist

This would give duels a whole new meaning..

That can't be a bad thing, since dueling sucks as it is.

Popping a behe/prod str/ic/FG/ES/SFA/whatever pill would certainly ease twinking. At any level. I support this cause.

However, rrfe/TTS/MoP/mochies etc.. kinda not liking this idea. Tower attacks should require planning and staging, not "k who got bag o pills??????" As much as it would help the defenders, it helps the attackers just as much. I also feel that the popper of the pill should meet the casting reqs in order to consume the pill. This may go against your "baff twinkx faster" idea, but a lvl 15 trader twink that can cast a behe while a lvl 15 enfo stands next to him not even knowing what behe is.. is just wrong.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    You can't compare this with an agent rifle with insane damage and infinite specials :P

Btw "god" doesn't exist
    You were proven to have no knowledge of anything dealing with Agents, your attempt at an insult fails.

And the belief in God is an individual decision; if you choose not to believe than that is your choice. But do not attempt to insult me based on my religion; that's my choice, my opinion. You have no proof to refute it much as I have no proof to confirm it, hence its classification as a belief. Just because you don't believe doesn't mean others cannot and it doesn't mean you can make a joke at someones expense about it. You may as well make jokes at peoples ethnicity, you'll get the same respect and admiration.
    Last edited by Ayria; Dec 28th, 2007 at 04:03:59.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast