Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tepamina's Soldier Guide (UPDATED 2/19/10)

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    fling is 6sec btw spart
    6 seconds?

kk, didnt go much over the specials as I thought Tepamina got it covered, but yes, I'll correct that right now.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Slave View Post
    Thanks Spartan, I've referenced this guide a lot since starting my soldier so I pretty much know it through and through...so this time as I went through I was only looking for your notes or changes and I think it would be nice if the places where you put "Spartan's Notes" that there could be a different color text maybe to make them stand out more? Just a thought, no worries if you don't like it.
    different color? I could. perhaps a like blue or something like that.
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Yeah that's actually what I was thinking, a light blue.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Good job mate glad to see the uber guide still lives
    Last edited by ajukusoja; Dec 13th, 2007 at 11:03:28.
    ◄ Ajukusoja 220/30 | Stabby 220/24 ►
    ◄ Peyotes 165/14 | Sekacha 150/19 ►
    [All Retired]

Updated the guide with some new items for endgame soldiers, as well as modified some nanos descriptions and some on nanoskill IP.

Also, does anyone know if those timed taunts are supposed to detaunt or w/e? I seriously doubt their advertised effect when the DB rip shows a taunt with no timers or nothing.

Concerning psychic, it's worth mentioning that reaching 780 is quite essential for the 2s nano delta. Ideally the nano pool should have recovered your AMS by the time you can cast it again.

Obviously end game Psychic is maxed due to ql 300 symbiants twinking.

Concerning Nano pool. I would add that the bare minimum a soldier should have is 641. This is the requirement for a Rod of Dismissal, which is very handy when rooted in pvp.

3.5.8 Aimed shot.
    I would add that the Supernova can be capped with 0 IP in it. The requirement of maxing out AS was due to the EC3, which is now less of a viable choice.

3.5.9 Multiple Ranged Weapons
    Twinking is a critical aspect of making soldiers efficient at any level. Some twinking guns have requirements for a moderate MR which will require some IP.
    Also important to note, that it's worth it to create some MR implants (wrists) to help getting the job done.

Duck Explosions
    In an end-game setup, and depending on the playing style of the soldier, I'd moderate IP spending in this skill.

Tbh I wouldn't raise nanopool at all.. Rod of dismissal.. pretty but I can do without. The totw one is good as well and it takes no IPs to use. Only downside is the double skill lock.

Supernova doesn't always cap. You could max AS for it if you want it to be as reliable as it can get though it's not really important.

As for duck, well the high it is the easier it is to resist onehander crits.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Concerning psychic, it's worth mentioning that reaching 780 is quite essential for the 2s nano delta. Ideally the nano pool should have recovered your AMS by the time you can cast it again.

Obviously end game Psychic is maxed due to ql 300 symbiants twinking.

Concerning Nano pool. I would add that the bare minimum a soldier should have is 641. This is the requirement for a Rod of Dismissal, which is very handy when rooted in pvp.
    Got the psychic tidbit down, I'm not sure about the Rod of Dismissal tho, ocene. Considering you can get Purifying Rods, as well as Free movement and Ancient Spirit Purges, i would get enough NP for Purifying rods to help with with UBTs and stuff, as we have other options to use for snares/roots.

3.5.8 Aimed shot.
    I would add that the Supernova can be capped with 0 IP in it. The requirement of maxing out AS was due to the EC3, which is now less of a viable choice.

3.5.9 Multiple Ranged Weapons
    Twinking is a critical aspect of making soldiers efficient at any level. Some twinking guns have requirements for a moderate MR which will require some IP.
    Also important to note, that it's worth it to create some MR implants (wrists) to help getting the job done.

Duck Explosions
    In an end-game setup, and depending on the playing style of the soldier, I'd moderate IP spending in this skill.
    Aimed shot - changed it to reflected that. MR - I would only spend it if you need it, and not save up IP for it, considering that there are a few guns/equipment available to obtain the MR needed on most weapons, and even endgame, you can go without guns for twinking. Duck Exp - I'm actually gonna put these to 80% on all evades, as well it will give you enough evades to not get critted at all, but if you're expecting to evade stuff.. well, there are other professions that do that better.

Yes Ancient Spirit Purges would be the perfect alternative. However the 1501 First Aid requirement is a bit rough.

I don't know if this makes sense or not, but it would be nice to create a Chapter about End-game setups.

Maybe in the form of:

TL2-4 twinks
    TL5 twinks
    220 setups (PVM tank, PVM DD, PVP duelling, mass PVP)

Maybe Beertrinker and all can write something about twinks.

These setups are likely to vary though over time. So they should be considered work in progress.

But in all cases, all the material we discussed recently around AR and NR and such, would fit nicely.

Yes Ancient Spirit Purges would be the perfect alternative. However the 1501 First Aid requirement is a bit rough.
    the 250 ones require 1252 iirc, and will be more than enough

need to find a way to make some on my engi..for some reason I can only make 300 ones

need to find a way to make some on my engi..for some reason I can only make 300 ones
    Your TS is too high. End ql depends on skill so you need to lower your skill some. Formula is known but can't remember it off the top of my head. Probably in Trader or Doc forums.

6.2.2 Ranged Energy Buffs
    Something I would add there is that Ranged Energy Weapon Mastery, LR Energy Weapon Expertise and Composite Ranged Expertise will stack. It means another 20 RE points which will help in the Power Up perks as well as RE weapons AR.

I'm realizing not many soldiers know about this (nor RE engis for that matter).

6.2.2 Ranged Energy Buffs
    Something I would add there is that Ranged Energy Weapon Mastery, LR Energy Weapon Expertise and Composite Ranged Expertise will stack. It means another 20 RE points which will help in the Power Up perks as well as RE weapons AR.

I'm realizing not many soldiers know about this (nor RE engis for that matter).
    shush maybe it wasnt supposed to be that way

different school families.. dunno. I just cast ^^

◄ Ajukusoja 220/30 | Stabby 220/24 ►
    ◄ Peyotes 165/14 | Sekacha 150/19 ►
    [All Retired]

Side note, on the Agg/Def calculator, Unity of the Rose has switched their url from unityoftherose.com to uorweb.com.

You'll want to change the link to http://uorweb.com/tools/aggdefcalc.htm

Thanks. Updating link.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast