Thread: Self Auras etc blocking your sight

Self Auras etc blocking your sight

Can we please get an option to remove allself auras and other big lights and effects that make it hard to see what's in front of you. I'm thinking about Acrobat perks and Mother Wolf auras especially.

I'd love to see either the aura effects be shorter or an option to not show your own auras at all. When you're chasing someone around at top level, things tend to go rather fast and you can lose sight of them easily.

It also makes it harder to see when people use perks such as Mongo Rage etc which is pretty vital to see if you want to survive.

I'm not sure what's actually causing this (some people theorized that it's linked to the overall graphical performance of the game on a given hardware; the higher your FPS, the more intense these effects get) but many people (including me) did notice that at some point in the past year or two, the "lightstorm" nano effects have become extremely bright and intense, to the point of not simply being annoying but actually negatively impacting playability because you can't see a damn thing for seconds while these effects play.

Although they may get rendered/dsiplayed differently in the new engine simply because that'll do this differently, it should be looked into and toned down where necessary, or at least given an option to control their intensity (separately from the "aura" type effects that represent the calmed/snared/rooted state, as currently if you turn nano effect off to get rid of the near-unbearable "lightstorm", those aura effects also go away).

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Eirin View Post
    Can we please get an option to remove allself auras and other big lights and effects that make it hard to see what's in front of you. I'm thinking about Acrobat perks and Mother Wolf auras especially.

I'd love to see either the aura effects be shorter or an option to not show your own auras at all. When you're chasing someone around at top level, things tend to go rather fast and you can lose sight of them easily.

It also makes it harder to see when people use perks such as Mongo Rage etc which is pretty vital to see if you want to survive.
    You can use the character fade distance to get rid of that. No need to implement something else.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

you can add umbral wrangler to the list, as well as outfit nanos. nanite drains are also blinding as all get out. turning the effect off would suck, because its nice to know when its running, but atm its just too intense and bright.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    You can use the character fade distance to get rid of that. No need to implement something else.
    You can, but then you don't see your character at all.. If you're jumping on small ledges etc and you can't see your char it's way harder to aim where you land.
    Last edited by Eirin; Apr 7th, 2011 at 01:33:27.

It seems to bug sometimes as well.. sometimes it works and I don't see the auras and then I can randomly see them other times

Aren't more people annoyed by this? On the note of fade option, if you use that you can't see any self auras, including visual effects when you get stunned/rooted/snared, which makes the fade option pretty worthless imo..

Just one button or something to remove all SELF ONLY auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Eirin View Post
    You can, but then you don't see your character at all.. If you're jumping on small ledges etc and you can't see your char it's way harder to aim where you land.
    No, just fade 80% or so. The nano effects vanish, soon as you take a single 1% fade off.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

I've never had an issue with the effects blinding me, so I'm stumped.